21 members have voted

1. 1. What dates are good for you?

• Saturday, July 6
    • Saturday, July 13
    • Saturday, July 20
    • Saturday, July 27
    • Anytime in August
    • Anytime in September

So this year is our 15th anniversary and we want ALL UrbanOhioans to join us in Columbus (centrally located; not more than 3 hours from the furthest parts of the state) this summer for a grand meet-up!  Please answer ONLY if you actually will be attending this.  More info on where will come later once dates are set.  I would like this meet up to be in July but if August or September is better for folks, we can push it out.  It's multiple-choice so check your schedules and answer!

• Like 1

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

2 hours ago, ColDayMan said:

So this year is our 15th anniversary and we want ALL UrbanOhioans to join us in Columbus (centrally located; not more than 3 hours from the furthest parts of the state) this summer for a grand meet-up!  Please answer ONLY if you actually will be attending this.  More info on where will come later once dates are set.  I would like this meet up to be in July but if August or September is better for folks, we can push it out.  It's multiple-choice so check your schedules and answer!

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the meet-up in the city/area/region where most UO members are, whether its Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus? 

The turn-out would be higher in the area with the most UO members.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oxford19 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the meet-up in the city/area/region where most UO members are, whether its Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus? 

The turn-out would be higher in the area with the most UO members.

And most hotel rooms to handle it...

Hate to be that guy, but if I'm being honest - I'm very likely to attend on any date in CLE, and very unlikely to attend on any date elsewhere this summer.  Support the effort in general though! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thomasbw said:

We really should hold the meet up in Centerburg, Ohio. If we want to hold it at a bar in Centerburg, our choices are the 1834 Midway Tavern or a Shell station that inexplicably has a full liquor license. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centerburg,_Ohio

Makes a lot more sense than when the high school div 1 state finals were always in Canton, the advantage of upstate teams. 

14 hours ago, jmecklenborg said:

Makes a lot more sense than when the high school div 1 state finals were always in Canton, the advantage of upstate teams. 

Well, in this case, it males a lot more sense to have the UO in the city/area/region where most members are located.  Don’t know which of the 3Cs that is but since CIN is the largest metro, would guess that is it.

Edited by Oxford19

19 hours ago, thomasbw said:

We really should hold the meet up in Centerburg, Ohio. If we want to hold it at a bar in Centerburg, our choices are the 1834 Midway Tavern or a Shell station that inexplicably has a full liquor license. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centerburg,_Ohio

That's it, I'm starting a petition to move the State Capitol to Centerburg.

22 minutes ago, GCrites80s said:

^Uh, another meetup is planned in Cincinnati very, very soon -- maybe sooner than the Columbus meet.

Uh, the OP is related to a statewide UO meet-up, not a local meet up in CIN. I suggested having the statewide meet up in the city/area/region with the most members, whether it’s cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus.

Enjoy the CIN local meet up otherwise and keep it in the UO local Cincinnati meet up thread.

Edited by Oxford19

5 minutes ago, X said:

That's it, I'm starting a petition to move the State Capitol to Centerburg.

When I was a kid, I rented a video there once while visiting a friend of a friend. My folks were not happy to see me come home with a video that needed to be returned 80 miles away or whatever. But the kid had a Teddy Ruxpin!

Edited by GCrites80s
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, ML11 said:

Hate to be that guy, but if I'm being honest - I'm very likely to attend on any date in CLE, and very unlikely to attend on any date elsewhere this summer.  Support the effort in general though! 

Hmmm...is it too much coordination to do a Cincy (separate thread there, at least), Columbus, and Cleveland meetup?  Would give people more options but also kind of thin the crowd, I'm guessing.

Have never done a meet up and don't know the expected crowd size, but in Columbus at least there is some event space at Strongwater.  Or non-event space that you can make your own at Brewdog, Land Grant, etc.

Very Stable Genius

14 hours ago, jmecklenborg said:

Canton is a little far north and east, but the mean center of population is in Morrow County so there are worse places to have picked. Only about 75 miles off, as the crow flies. 

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

Hmmm...is it too much coordination to do a Cincy (separate thread there, at least), Columbus, and Cleveland meetup?  Would give people more options but also kind of thin the crowd, I'm guessing.

Have never done a meet up and don't know the expected crowd size, but in Columbus at least there is some event space at Strongwater.  Or non-event space that you can make your own at Brewdog, Land Grant, etc.

With past meets, we'd meet up at a designated spot (in this case, probably Columbus Commons) and do a walking tour, and then eat and drink.  Sometimes we do multiple drinking locations (depending on how "boozy" forumers are!).

And again, we pick Columbus because it's the most centrally located city for everybody to do a couple hours drive to.  It's kinda hard to get Cincinnati forumers to a Cleveland meet and vice-versa but Columbus is typically "the limit" people will drive for a meet.  Thus, an All-Ohio Forumers meet.  Where else can you get KJP and Jake in the same city?  Or MayDay and RichNCincy?  Or even Ram23 and ERocc!

• Like 5

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers