KJP

Brook Park / Walton Hills: Ford Plant Redevelopments

Do you have a link @acd to the source material?

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

3 hours ago, freethink said:

SpaceX is putting up its first manned launch in late May, so I wouldn't expect any major Tesla decisions before then.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:50 AM, acd said:

http://www.cityofbrookpark.com/city-council/

The 3/3 and 2/18 approved council minutes PDF’s are the ones I quoted.

The "lack of financing" problem makes me think the hot prospect was never Rivian, as logical as that company seemed. Rivian has plenty of money.

Edited by Dougal

There's nothing wrong with optimism, as long as you don't get your hopes up.

1 hour ago, mrnyc said:

now is the time for somebody to make a pitch for ford to sell off this property to musk:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32424876/elon-musk-move-tesla-from-california/

I hope they're trying, but I so seriously doubt this would happen.

The existing facilities are not big enough. Tesla Freemont is 5.3 million square feet. Walton Hills and the engine plant combined are almost 2 million square feet short of that. I also strongly suspect Tesla wants to stay in the southwest, otherwise they're shipping their batteries halfway across the country to make cars. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Would Ford even sell to a competitor anyways? I thought that was one of the issues with the properties languishing.

Ford-Logo-on-Dearborn-HQ-FordAuthoritydo

SUNDAY, MAY 24, 2020

New buyer(s) emerge for two Cleveland-area Ford plants

After one failed bid to acquire Ford's Brook Park and Walton Hills plants, there is good news pointing to the eventual, productive re-use of both mammoth factories.

Ford Motor Co. last week entered the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Voluntary Action Program (VAP) for its Brook Park Engine Plant No. 2 that closed nearly 20 years ago, according to a source who was not authorized to speak publicly about the development.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/05/new-buyers-emerge-for-two-cleveland.html

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."