Sign in to follow this  
KJP

In The World: Ukraine

Something wrong about posting this in the Russia thread. So I created a new thread for Ukraine news. My wife would like it too. 🙂

Pretty stunning victory today for the new Ukrainian President-elect Volodymyr Zelensky. My wife is very happy.

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

For an alternative take that challenges the prevailing narrative of the Maidan uprising I recommend the documentary by Oliver Stone called "Ukraine on Fire". Always a good idea to look at both sides of the story before settling on one of them... certainly can't hurt. Here's a link to the trailer:  

This is going to upset some people.....

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

Not sure where else I should put this. Cleveland has the USA's fourt-largest Ukrainian community, so it's not exactly a surprise these guys found their way here....

How a Ukrainian tycoon became Cleveland’s commercial real estate kingpin

https://thinkprogress.org/how-did-this-ukrainian-tycoon-become-clevelands-commercial-real-estate-kingpin-7c58f789fc8e/