Sign in to follow this  
YABO713

Trump Affiliates: Criminal Thread

I wasn't sure where to put this, but discussing Manafort, Stone, Cohen, et al on the Trump Presidency thread gets distracting IMO. I think this is a big enough topic now to warrant it's own thread. 

Thank you, this will free up A LOT of room on the Trump Presidency thread.

2 minutes ago, X said:

Thank you, this will free up A LOT of room on the Trump Presidency thread.

I figured. They all were beginning to detract from the topic

Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation has netted 199 criminal charges, 37 indictments or guilty pleas, and 5 prison sentences.

Witch hunt, tbh.

Very Stable Genius

21 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

So this Whitaker news is.... kind of big...

Just a Trump lackey admitting obstruction of justice. How is this "big" in the context of Trump admitting obstruction of justice on national TV and via Twitter?

Very Stable Genius

9 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

Just a Trump lackey admitting obstruction of justice. How is this "big" in the context of Trump admitting obstruction of justice on national TV and via Twitter?

Because uhhhhh because he was Attorney General of the United States at the time.

Facts, those pesky facts....

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

11 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Because uhhhhh because he was Attorney General of the United States at the time.

Nothing will come of this.  Everyone will move on. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/703108073/top-mueller-prosecutor-stepping-down-in-latest-clue-russia-inquiry-may-be-ending

One of the most prominent members of special counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating Russia's attack on the 2016 presidential election will soon leave the office and the Justice Department, two sources close to the matter tell NPR.

Andrew Weissmann, the architect of the case against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, will study and teach at New York University and work on a variety of public service projects, including his longstanding interest in preventing wrongful convictions by shoring up forensic science standards used in courts, the sources added.

Weissman is leaving Mueller's team.  The "Mueller report out soon" rumors last month haven't come to fruition - yet - but with some of the heaviest hitters leaving the team, it looks more and more like Mueller is wrapping up his portion of the investigation/prosecution.

Very Stable Genius

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

I think Barrack might be the next to get indicted. There seems to be a string of shady deals, quid pro quo with the volume of money coming into the inauguration committee. They have found fronts for foreign money coming in.  I would think that would be another big fish for Gates to take down since he was second in command there as well. 

My other thought is its hard to say if Barrack was just ceremonial head and didn’t know what was going on and in all actuality it was trump really running the inauguration because he wants to personally approve the deals. Barrack is one of trumps best friends.  Either way Barrack is key to the inauguration investigation.  So two choices either a cooperating witness or an indicted co-conspirator. 

48 minutes ago, audidave said:

I think Barrack might be the next to get indicted. There seems to be a string of shady deals, quid pro quo with the volume of money coming into the inauguration committee. They have found fronts for foreign money coming in.  I would think that would be another big fish for Gates to take down since he was second in command there as well. 

My other thought is its hard to say if Barrack was just ceremonial head and didn’t know what was going on and in all actuality it was trump really running the inauguration because he wants to personally approve the deals. Barrack is one of trumps best friends.  Either way Barrack is key to the inauguration investigation.  So two choices either a cooperating witness or an indicted co-conspirator. 

Early start on St Patrick’s Day?

LOL!!

1 hour ago, YABO713 said:

Early start on St Patrick’s Day?

Well why else keep Gates around another two months?   Maybe instead SDNY takes down or works with Barrack and the special counsel focuses on Lewandowski.  There is another fish that Mueller wants. 

Edited by audidave

20 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Bets on a big Mueller story this week considering Executive Time went full alt-right this weekend?

Tbh @DarkandStormy, I used to think his tweet storms of conspiracy theorists and overall POS human beings was as a rational response to new information re: the investigation. My opinion has changed. He's a sociopath, there's no logic to any of it. He's just insecure 24/7, and has no overall distraction strategy inasmuch as he just wants to make sure he feels wanted. 

On 3/16/2019 at 9:20 AM, audidave said:

Who is "Barrack"?

9 minutes ago, ethlaw said:

Who is "Barrack"?

You know, that one POTUS that also contemporaneously provided the US military with shelter. 

1 minute ago, DEPACincy said:

He's actually talking about Tom Barrack. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Barrack_Jr.

You sure he's not referring to Fort Barrack Obama? 

I feel like Barrack is already one of the secret indictments. In my (though limited) experience with racketeering cases with cooperating witnesses, the financing sources are often masked as much as possible until conclusion. 

5 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

You sure he's not referring to Fort Barrack Obama? 

I feel like Barrack is already one of the secret indictments. In my (though limited) experience with racketeering cases with cooperating witnesses, the financing sources are often masked as much as possible until conclusion. 

lol wat?!?!?  Crown Prince Obama?  Mr "no scandals in my administration"?   This will be unprecedented if speculation is true.

32 minutes ago, tklg said:

lol wat?!?!?  Crown Prince Obama?  Mr "no scandals in my administration"?   This will be unprecedented if speculation is true.

tklg...  Barrack, in this case, is a last name.  It's not the one you're hoping for.

haha I read POTUS and Barrak Obama and got a little excited.

Anyway, not really hoping for previous US presidents to be indicted. Would be quite the story though.

8 minutes ago, tklg said:

haha I read POTUS and Barrak Obama and got a little excited.

Anyway, not really hoping for previous US presidents to be indicted. Would be quite the story though.

Haha yeah, I've had my fill of "good storyline" > "health of the Republic" in the last two years

Yes. I was referring to Tom Barrack.  Barack Obama only has on ‘R’ in his name.   

My thinking is with Trumpy going wacky this weekend on twitter, this should be an intense week.  Oversight committee investigation answers are due today of those 81 targeted people and organizations. Soon subpoenas will be flying at people that refused to answer. 

One of the committees will be getting trumps tax returns as soon as maybe this week.  I suspect there could be some indictments unsealed this week but that is always foolhardy predicting what Mueller will do. 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:31 PM, audidave said:

One of the committees will be getting trumps tax returns as soon as maybe this week.  

Wherever we end up after Trump leaves office, there needs to be a law that Presidential candidates release their tax returns.   

16 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

Wherever we end up after Trump leaves office, there needs to be a law that Presidential candidates release their tax returns.   

Agreed. Moreover, ANY federal office holder. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/03/politics/mueller-report-subpoena-house-vote/index.html

House panel authorizes subpoena for Mueller report as Trump backs away from calls for public release

The subpoena battle has apparently begun for the full Mueller report.  Barr says it won't be ready until mid-April because of redactions.

Very Stable Genius

On 3/21/2019 at 11:28 AM, Cleburger said:

Quite a few states now have state laws that say a candidate must disclose their tax returns as a condition for listing on the ballot.  I don't know whether that runs afoul of any federal election laws, but it will be interesting to see how that plays out in this next election.

I

23 minutes ago, freefourur said:

AG Barr #ETTD

Lol. Barr should release the full report to Congress. If this is true, Mueller's team doesn't like what Barr is trying to do. That says something.