Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, this is a great guide to follow all the projects going on in the Old City of Columbus.

 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&ll=39.96627486172713%2C-82.99383922418974&spn=0.046373%2C0.090895&mid=1jmAW7QW9epMK-lfpkgTHQRcIlto&z=16

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zyrokai said:

Wow, this is incredible. Did you make this, OP?

 

No, not me but I would love to give credit to the person who created and updates it.  Show yourself!


"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay!  Thank you for this and as long as this keeps updating, we'll keep this topic sticky'd FOREVER! 😄

  • Love 2

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 9:35 AM, mbeaumont76 said:

This is my map! I update it regularly. Glad you guys are using it!

 

@mbeaumont76 - Excellent map - thank you! I have a couple questions:

- What are the white circles? They seem to all be on your new construction list, but is there a difference from the red circles?

- If you were starting this map from scratch, would you do anything differently?

- Any suggestions for someone who might attempt a similar map on another city?

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Brian, circles denote projects that have been proposed but have not broken ground. They really should only be red (for new builds) or blue (for renovations). I'm not sure why some show as white. I have to remind myself that the public view is actually different from my view as an editor. They don't appear white on my end, but I can see that they do on the public view. I'll have to look at that. 

 

If I was starting it from scratch, I'm not sure I would do anything that different. I might track budgets and developers along with each project. They're in the links, obv, but it might be nice to be able to, say, sort by developer.

 

My only suggestions for someone attempting a similar map would be to hone in on a few reliable sources (I use CU, Biz First, and Dispatch) and a defined area (I really only track the city center since that's the area I live and work in and have the most interest in.)

 

Glad you're enjoying it!

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish they'd do something with the parking lot behind Express Live!.

 

Express.thumb.png.edb5f136b4628b0643db208404b3bbdf.png

 

It currently has 314 spaces. At 400 square feet per space for an inefficient garage due to the non-square shape you could have about a 1,000-1,200 space five floor garage here with restaurant space along Broadbelt Lane. The ground floor behind the amphitheater would be real restrooms and concessions vs. the port-a-potties they have now. Then for two to three floors above that you could have balcony space for club seating. This would provide a more intimate space for the venue, too. The smaller lot to the southwest has about 115 spots, but could be about 600 with a five floor garage. I know this space was originally slated for the "Buggyworks Phase II" tower that never got past the conceptual phase. The two garages would connect over the retail creating a bridge over Broadbelt Lane. Atop this smaller garage should be a hotel or condominium building. Come on NRI! This is begging to be infilled!

Edited by aderwent
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, aderwent said:

Wish they'd do something with the parking lot behind Express Live!.

 

Express.thumb.png.edb5f136b4628b0643db208404b3bbdf.png

 

It currently has 314 spaces. At 400 square feet per space for an inefficient garage due to the non-square shape you could have about a 1,000-1,200 space five floor garage here with restaurant space along Broadbelt Lane. The ground floor behind the amphitheater would be real restrooms and concessions vs. the port-a-potties they have now. Then for two to three floors above that you could have balcony space for club seating. This would provide a more intimate space for the venue, too. The smaller lot to the southwest has about 115 spots, but could be about 600 with a five floor garage. I know this space was originally slated for the "Buggyworks Phase II" tower that never got past the conceptual phase. The two garages would connect over the retail creating a bridge over Broadbelt Lane. Atop this smaller garage should be a hotel or condominium building. Come on NRI! This is begging to be infilled!

 

Speaking of NRI owned plots of land which are ripe for development, how about this vacant lot at the corner of Hannover St and Spring St. It would be a great spot for a residential high-rise given the spectacular views of the skyline it would provide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I thought I saw a master plan somewhere that shows a building facing Spring the same size as the FBI building. Both buildings would share a parking lot. Hopefully plans have changed for the better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pablo said:

^I thought I saw a master plan somewhere that shows a building facing Spring the same size as the FBI building. Both buildings would share a parking lot. Hopefully plans have changed for the better. 

 

That would be extremely disappointing. Hopefully with the new soccer stadium and "Confluence Village" being built at the far western edge of the Arena District, this parcel will be seen with a bit more value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed the "Parkside on Pearl" is mapped to the wrong spot. It's mapped to where that awesome Kaufman development was rejected by NIMBYs behind the Local Bar/Salon Loft plaza. It should be on .....Pearl......behind the new Moxy hotel on the east side of High.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zyrokai said:

I just noticed the "Parkside on Pearl" is mapped to the wrong spot. It's mapped to where that awesome Kaufman development was rejected by NIMBYs behind the Local Bar/Salon Loft plaza. It should be on .....Pearl......behind the new Moxy hotel on the east side of High.

 

What's the status of Parkside on Pearl? They still need final approval, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for the hotel next to it to be finished before they start anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cbussoccer said:

 

What's the status of Parkside on Pearl? They still need final approval, correct?

There hasn't been any permit activity since around November but I think Zyrokai is right they're probably waiting for the hotel to finish up. With the alley being as narrow as it is I don't see how two different construction crews could work there at the same time. I'm pretty confident the project is still going to move forward. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, Zyrokai said:

I just noticed the "Parkside on Pearl" is mapped to the wrong spot. It's mapped to where that awesome Kaufman development was rejected by NIMBYs behind the Local Bar/Salon Loft plaza. It should be on .....Pearl......behind the new Moxy hotel on the east side of High.

 

That's where it's at. Not sure what you're seeing? 

 

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.33.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.33.39 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to the original development map that CDM posted to start this thread, Columbus Business First also has Crane Watch - which they describe as "our interactive map of development across Central Ohio, showing hundreds of projects underway or wrapping up around the region, and new work continuing in droves. Our map is now tracking close to 300 development projects proposed, underway or recently completed."

 

Latest update:  https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/10/08/crane-watch-update-4b-in-new-construction-around.html

 

Direct link:  https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/maps/columbus-crane-watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 2:56 PM, mbeaumont76 said:

Crane Watch is a pale imitation of my map!! 

😉

Is your map missing the 11 floor Jeffrey Park proposal?  This of map of yours is fantastic btw.

 

*Nevermind...it is included in the greater proposal.

Edited by Toddguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...