Sign in to follow this  
eastvillagedon

Political Harassment & Violence

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

This would be a wise move:

Trump decries 'gutless' Antifa, says he's weighing declaring group major terror organization

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-considering-declaring-antifa-a-terror-organization

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he is considering declaring the far-left Antifa activist group a terrorist organization, equating it with the MS-13 street gang amid reports of members physically attacking conservative demonstrators and journalists at rallies across the country.

"Consideration is being given to declaring ANTIFA, the gutless Radical Left Wack Jobs who go around hitting (only non-fighters) people over the heads with baseball bats, a major Organization of Terror (along with MS-13 & others). Would make it easier for police to do their job!" Trump tweeted.

Sadly, this is now routine in many parts of America:

Man Was Attacked By A Group Of Teens Over His ‘Make America Great Again’ Hat

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/08/01/maga-hat-attack/

It happened at 6:50 p.m. Tuesday on Canal Street near Greene Street in Manhattan.

Jahangir Turan, 42, claims he was walking down the street when he was passed through a group of 15-18 people. He was wearing a MAGA hat.

“One girl flipped my hat, and then within five, eight seconds, I got pushed from the back and my face hit the scaffolding pole,” Turan said.

Turan said his attackers said were “chanting anti-Trump stuff.”

On 7/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, Ram23 said:

This is a textbook case of "Trump Derangement Syndrome."

Your ilk tried to advocate that the previous President wasn't a citizen. 

You don't get to call anyone deranged.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Your ilk tried to advocate that the previous President wasn't a citizen. 

You don't get to call anyone deranged.

Trump supporters assaulted a man who held a sign "Immigrants Built America."  Why is there no post about political violence from them on that?  There is video of a Trump supporter punching a protestor outside the rally.  We all know the reason why those stories aren't shared here.

Very Stable Genius

24 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Trump supporters assaulted a man who held a sign "Immigrants Built America."  Why is there no post about political violence from them on that?  There is video of a Trump supporter punching a protestor outside the rally.  We all know the reason why those stories aren't shared here.

It doesn't comport with their idea that PC and Antifa are the biggest threat, even though the Trump appointed FBI director disagrees. 

1 hour ago, Ram23 said:

It happened at 6:50 p.m. Tuesday on Canal Street near Greene Street in Manhattan.

Jahangir Turan, 42, claims he was walking down the street when he was passed through a group of 15-18 people. He was wearing a MAGA hat.

“One girl flipped my hat, and then within five, eight seconds, I got pushed from the back and my face hit the scaffolding pole,” Turan said.

Weird that you are so quick to accept his claims, but when the shoe is on the other foot you immediately say it's suspicious. Without hesitation.

3 hours ago, Ram23 said:

this is absolutely disgusting. While these kids obviously should ultimately be held responsible, I also place blame on the mainstream media for poisoning the culture with such hatred and lies for so long that they're  essentially giving the green light to people predisposed to acting violently anyway--

Edited by eastvillagedon

3 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

this is absolutely disgusting. While these kids obviously should ultimately be held responsible, I also place blame on the mainstream media for poisoning the culture with such hatred and lies for so long that they're  essentially giving the green light to people predisposed to acting violently anyway--

… EVD said without a hint of self-awareness or irony.

Meanwhile in Cincinnati...

Man punched outside Trump rally says it motivates him: 'If anything, it'll increase' his activism

The video allegedly shows Dallas Frazier, 29, of Georgetown, Kentucky, getting out of a red pickup truck and approaching Alter after the argument. 

Frazier puts his hands up in fists. Alter said he wasn't going to just stand there. 

Frazier began punching Alter and seconds later was arrested by police, as can be seen in the video.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/08/02/activist-punched-outside-trump-rally-says-experience-motivate-him/1901547001/

Edited by BigDipper 80

“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

10 hours ago, Ram23 said:

No it’s not

cleveland.com

Toledo man threatened to shoot New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, feds say

Updated Aug 9, 2:16 PM; Posted Aug 9, 12:29 PM

By Adam Ferrise, cleveland.com

TOLEDO, Ohio — A Toledo man is accused of making threats against U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, federal officials say.

Timothy Ireland, 41, is charged with making threats against a member of Congress and illegally possessing bullets.

Ireland posted on Facebook a link to an unspecified article with the caption: “She should be shot. Can’t fire me, my employer would load the gun for me,” according to court records.

Wonder where this guy got this idea?  Also on Cleveland.com's home page- an ad asking "Are these the three most dangerous people in America?" with Ocasio-Cortez's face along with Warren and Sanders.

4 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

it's amazing how unhinged the left has become over Ellen's friendship with Geo. Bush. Whenever something like this happens the overwhelming amount of hatred always seems to come from one particular side of the aisle 🤔

You're...you're kidding right?  Were you in a coma for the last two NFL seasons?  Miss all the Keurigs flying out of windows?  All the Starbucks "boycotts?"  I mean...

Very Stable Genius

6 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

You're...you're kidding right?  Were you in a coma for the last two NFL seasons?  Miss all the Keurigs flying out of windows?  All the Starbucks "boycotts?"  I mean...

well, I could be wrong, but I've never seen anything like this going on outside a Democratic campaign event by conservatives, have you? 

2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

well, I could be wrong, but I've never seen anything like this going on outside a Democratic campaign event by conservatives, have you? 

Unite the Right 2017. Alt right idiots killed a person. Did you forget that?

Cesar Sayoc, a Trump supporter, sent pipe bombs to prominent Democratic leaders. Did you forget that?

Candidate Trump ordered his supporters to beat up protestors at his rallies and said he'd cover any legal coats. Did you forget that?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ad78882e4b029ebe0207801

Three Trump supporters are currently in federal prison for plotting a terrorist attack to kill Somali refugees. Did you forget that?

Are you ever going to stop posting in bad faith?

Very Stable Genius

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/video-shows-man-maga-hat-003546150.html

Video Shows Man in MAGA Hat Blasting Anti-Trump Protesters With Bear Repellent

A video posted to YouTube shows a man wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat approaching the anti-Trump protesters and then dousing the crowd with a steady stream of what police say was bear repellent.

While some anti-Trump protesters were screaming and others scattered in an attempt to avoid the spray, the man in the MAGA hat went towards an anti-Trump protester who was being held on the ground by Trump supporters and sprayed him.

The video also shows that before the man in the MAGA hat was arrested, he pled with police, claiming anti-Trump protesters attacked him, calling them “****ing libtards” and “commies.” The video showed no such thing.

Very Stable Genius

7 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

it could have been a pre-emptive strike

The least surprising response you could have possibly made.  

On 10/21/2019 at 2:58 PM, eastvillagedon said:

it could have been a pre-emptive strike

"Could"?  Couple of questions and I think it's a fair questions.  Did you listen to any of the police reports or witness statements?  Are you aware the person who attacked and assaulted these people is a convicted felon.  Are you aware this person is not allowed to have or carry tear gas or pepper spray.  In California, bear repellent is categorized as "tear gas".

Having said all that, why would this person come to this particular location and KNOWINGLY be carrying bear repellent?

explain denzel washington GIF

On 10/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, ryanlammi said:

That's called assault. 

A pre-emptive strike....wow. Just....wow.

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

Michigan business's Halloween display of Trump holding Obama's head on rope sparks outcry

"It was a Halloween decoration that I guess went too far," Quality Coatings owner Dave Huff said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michigan-business-halloween-display-trump-holding-obama-s-head-rope-n1073386

1 minute ago, eastvillagedon said:

we're now at the point where at least half the country completely lacks any coping mechanisms

Justin Amash was kicked out of the Republican Party for wanting to hold Trump accountable but go off.

Edited by DarkandStormy

Very Stable Genius

31 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

we're now at the point where at least half the country completely lacks any coping mechanisms

Breaking News!  People are judged by their associations!  Personally, I wouldn't chat with or support a rapist, traitor and pathological liar.  I'm more concerned with why you do.

We will also take note of the standard conservative hypocrisy of criticizing Hollywood actors until events like this. 

Edited by jonoh81

1 hour ago, eastvillagedon said:

I always look to Alyssa Milano for political guidance

Republicans: We don't need the Liberal Hollywood Elite to tell us what to think!

Also Repubicans: Look at this Republican Hollywood Elite agreeing with what I think!

How many times have we heard over the past few years how divided we are ideologically, how no one is capable of carrying on a civil conversation? Frankly I'm sick and tired of the "bothsidesism" (if that's the right term to use here) always suggested by this observation. Time and time again it's obvious 99% of the hatred and intolerance is being generated by one side--

2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

How many times have we heard over the past few years how divided we are ideologically, how no one is capable of carrying on a civil conversation? Frankly I'm sick and tired of the "bothsidesism" (if that's the right term to use here) always suggested by this observation. Time and time again it's obvious 99% of the hatred and intolerance is being generated by one side--

Can you provide literally any studies that show anything close to "99%" of political hatred and intolerance is being generated by the left?  Because we do have studies that show the exact opposite of what you're claiming.  Also, while I don't condone violence, I certainly don't feel much sympathy for those that gleefully support a rapist and white nationalist because they like his stances on abortion, immigrants and Supreme Court justices.  Talk about a mixed message.

10 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

more tolerance, this time at Ohio University. Don't these kids have classes? Can the voting age be changed back to 21? Honestly, these people are pure evil.

Having a very normal one, I see.

Very Stable Genius

20 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

more tolerance, this time at Ohio University. Don't these kids have classes? Can the voting age be changed back to 21? Honestly, these people are pure evil.

Where's the context EVD?  Was that just a random conservative victimized?  Why was the crowd provoked?  Honestly it looked similar to the CNN correspondent walking through a Trump rally.  I hate to see that type of behavior, it's obviously inappropriate, but it's certainly not contained to the left or college campuses.  In my opinion, those kids are just like Trump supporters, the difference being they're young and hopefully will interrogate their views as they grow up.  The Trump rallys are probably mostly mind made up for life type of people.  And finally, what does it say when the behavior at Trump rallies mimics the worst behaviors of college kids?

On 2/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, eastvillagedon said:

Did you forget this guy?? https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/cesar-sayoc-mail-bomb-suspect-sentenced

Seriously, have you not realized you aren't being objective?

I mean, I don't consider what happened at OU to be terrorism either.  Gun girl has 1A rights and so do the students.  One student threw water at her which is out of line but not in the same ballpark as terrorism or even political violence. I wish people would stop giving her oxygen. The right wing sphere has enough grifters already. 

15 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

Yeah but she pooped her pants. People don't forget. 

8 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Yeah but she pooped her pants. People don't forget. 

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

For real though, she does all this knowing exactly what’s going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Enginerd said:

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

For real though, she does all this knowing exactly what’s going to happen.

That's part of the grift.  They get to play victim and push the leftist college students are bad narrative. 

This innocent gun activist works for Liberty Hangout.  Who is Liberty Hangout? A Holocaust denying fascist propaganda outfit. But lets focus on "muh college leftists"

image.png.ab84078063298dca90e4272af63b74f9.png

On 2/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, eastvillagedon said:

How many times have we heard over the past few years how divided we are ideologically, how no one is capable of carrying on a civil conversation?

This is rich coming from the guy who repeatedly ignores the conversation and tries to play the victim, promoted birther-ism, and is now linking to a holocaust denying "outlet."

Edited by Gordon Bombay

Liberty Hangout is also pro-monarchy, with the opinion that Trump should install himself king. 

So a white supremacist, pro-monarchy, holocaust-denying, fascist propaganda organization sends a highly controversial figure to a liberal college to get a rise out of kids and to "interview" them with the intent of making them look stupid. While she's there, her goons in their giant pickup truck drive through crowds of peaceful protesters blaring their ridiculous horn the entire time to try to rile people up, and according to several eye witnesses, almost run several people over. Some OU kids flip her off and one of them throws water at her, but the students are the problem? Even better, according to @eastvillagedon they're "pure evil." Seriously, that might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on here. Do you ever think to do like 5 minutes of research before you post this crap? 

53 minutes ago, DEPACincy said:

Liberty Hangout is also pro-monarchy, with the opinion that Trump should install himself king. 

So a white supremacist, pro-monarchy, holocaust-denying, fascist propaganda organization sends a highly controversial figure to a liberal college to get a rise out of kids and to "interview" them with the intent of making them look stupid. While she's there, her goons in their giant pickup truck drive through crowds of peaceful protesters blaring their ridiculous horn the entire time to try to rile people up, and according to several eye witnesses, almost run several people over. Some OU kids flip her off and one of them throws water at her, but the students are the problem? Even better, according to @eastvillagedon they're "pure evil." Seriously, that might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on here. Do you ever think to do like 5 minutes of research before you post this crap? 

Joel Patrick must have been one of the "white supremacists" in the pickup truck (trying to get through the crowd of Nazi goons trying to drive her from campus). Seriously, do you ever think to do any research before you post this crap? I love the way the the kids in the first video proudly called OU the "most liberal campus in Ohio" or some such thing. They don't even understand the meaning of the word. Real liberalism is open to free speech and willing to hear different ideas, even if objectionable. If this gang of fascist thugs is representative of what goes on at colleges today, then higher education is essentially finished. Surely OU must have some conservatives, but they're probably cowering in fear for their lives at this point!

Edited by eastvillagedon

19 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

Surely OU must have some conservatives, but they're probably cowering in fear for their lives at this point!

They probably have a shred of integrity and don't engage in stunts like the one "gun girl" pulled. 

If this gang of fascist thugs is representative of what goes on at colleges today, then higher education is essentially finished.

I don't think you understand what a fascist is. If you did, you'd probably be alarmed by all the moves the Trump admin has performed which fall right in line with authoritarianism. But for some reason, you ignore those and don't discuss them then run here to play the victim. It's amusing that half of the conspiracy crap your lot claimed Obama would do actually gets done by Trump and not a peep. We all know what the real reason is, though. 

What "gun girl" pulls off is pure trolling and looking for attention. Not unlike your posts. 

You want to talk about political harassment and violence? Maybe you need a reminder of what the "Gun girl" aligned Alt-right did: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlottesville_car_attack

Or this one: https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us/man-arrested-gun-charlottesville-rally/index.html