Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
eastvillagedon

Political Harassment & Violence

Recommended Posts

and on it goes...(but at least it was encouraging the Mexican-American bartender stood up for free speech:classic_smile:)

 

Falmouth Woman Accused Of Assault Over MAGA Hat

The woman is accused of confronting a man wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat at a Mexican restaurant Friday night.

 

https://patch.com/massachusetts/falmouth/falmouth-woman-accused-assault-over-maga-hat

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ @eastvillagedon Is this the ONLY kind of stuff you post about on here? Do you have the ability to discuss anything that is actually significant, instead of small individual incidents like this one? Surely if you believe that incident is something to be concerned about on the left, what do you think about that Coast Guard terrorist and the rise of right-wing violent extremism? 

Edited by ethlaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since some people can't seem to discuss actual topics in the other current events threads and everyone gets distracted, we can treat this as a dump for people who want to post incidents of political violence or harassment. Please refrain from placing these in the Trump thread or election threads since they aren't really relevant to the general discussion.

 

This is not a place for actual terrorism (like the pipe bombs or the Coast guard issue) and is not a place for general racist based violence or harassment. This is only when the alleged incident was spurred in some way by people based on the political leanings of the victim or oppressor or both.

 

In general, when in doubt, post here instead of another thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ryanlammi said:

Since some people can't seem to discuss actual topics in the other current events threads and everyone gets distracted, we can treat this as a dump for people who want to post incidents of political violence or harassment. Please refrain from placing these in the Trump thread or election threads since they aren't really relevant to the general discussion.

 

This is not a place for actual terrorism (like the pipe bombs or the Coast guard issue) and is not a place for general racist based violence or harassment. This is only when the alleged incident was spurred in some way by people based on the political leanings of the victim or oppressor or both.

 

In general, when in doubt, post here instead of another thread.

 

 

I'm not really sure how incidents involving Trump supporters being attacked by complete strangers are not relevant to the Trump Presidency thread. I mean, it's a thread about Trump being the president and I foolishly assumed it would be okay to post stories (based on the title--the Trump Presidency) about people who are harassing people who supported Trump for president. But it's your call, so be it. Anyway, my apologies to everyone for the distractions and for "cluttering" up the Trump Presidency thread with stories about Trump haters harassing people who supported Trump for President

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

 

 

I'm not really sure how incidents involving Trump supporters being attacked by complete strangers are not relevant to the Trump Presidency thread. I mean, it's a thread about Trump being the president and I foolishly assumed it would be okay to post stories (based on the title--the Trump Presidency) about people who are harassing people who supported Trump for president. But it's your call, so be it. Anyway, my apologies to everyone for the distractions and for "cluttering" up the Trump Presidency thread with stories about Trump haters harassing people who supported Trump for President

 

 

These types of posts were getting into multiple threads (and it wasn't just MAGA people getting harassed that I'm thinking of). Whether it was racism, 2020 Democratic Primary, or the Trump Presidency thread.

 

I just think the Trump Presidency thread should be more about what Trump is doing as president. I also think we should have separated the Mueller Investigation into it's own thread so the Trump Presidency thread could be more about what policies he is pushing for, but it's a little late for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 2:13 PM, eastvillagedon said:

and on it goes...(but at least it was encouraging the Mexican-American bartender stood up for free speech:classic_smile:)

 

Falmouth Woman Accused Of Assault Over MAGA Hat

The woman is accused of confronting a man wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat at a Mexican restaurant Friday night.

 

https://patch.com/massachusetts/falmouth/falmouth-woman-accused-assault-over-maga-hat

 

 

There may very well be a happy ending to this story:

 

Woman who attacked man wearing 'MAGA' hat was illegal immigrant, taken into ICE custody: officials

 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-who-attacked-man-wearing-maga-hat-was-illegal-immigrant-taken-into-ice-custody

 

A woman who was arrested last week for allegedly attacking a man wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat at a Massachusetts restaurant is an illegal immigrant from Brazil, Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said.

 

ICE officers detained Rosiane Santos, 41, on Tuesday after they discovered she was in the U.S. illegally, Boston 25 News reported.

 

"Deportation officers with ICE's Fugitive Operations Team arrested Rosie Santos, an unlawfully present citizen of Brazil," ICE said in a statement. "Santos is facing local charges for assault and other offenses. She is presently in ICE custody and has been entered into removal proceedings before the federal immigration courts."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine the intense and widespread outrage on legacy and social media if that Covington kid would have attacked and beaten that Indian guy in DC a few weeks back? It'd go on for weeks, if not months. It'd be front page news everywhere in the country. He'd have to be in protective custody to escape radial left wing retribution.

 

But - a grown man attacking and beating an 81 year old guy because he has right-leaning politics? That's a non-story, apparently. Here's a brief article buried on the back pages of Time - likely the closest thing to "coverage" this will get:

 

 

New Jersey Teen Charged With Assaulting 81-Year-Old Man Wearing 'MAGA' Hat

 

http://time.com/5541025/new-jersey-maga-hat-assault/?utm_source=reddit.com

 

A 19-year-old man has been arrested for attacking an 81-year-old wearing a MAGA hat in Somerset, N.J., prosecutors say...

 

Salvagno then allegedly took the victim by the arm and threw him to the ground, tipping over the elderly man’s cart of groceries and throwing the hat to one side, prosecutors said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, pretty awful. I hope he has a nice long jail sentence. 


"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ The disconnect from reality is really quite scary. How someone can pretend to denounce hatred while simultaneously and compulsively spewing hatred and vitriol at others in public is beyond me. The fact that she felt comfortable going on to tell the whole world about her public hate speech attack makes it much worse.

 

I know it's been said many times before, but these little incident that seemingly happen on a daily basis, everywhere in America, really are why Trump won the election and will likely win again in 2020. These are personal attacks on innocent Americans. The average Joe can relate more to a random guy wearing a hat than they can an angry social justice warrior with an attitude problem and a willingness to verbally assault a complete stranger on the street because of a hat.

 

On this same topic, here's yet another example of harassment/assault over a hat. You really can find examples like this on a daily basis. It's really unfortunate:

 

https://imgur.com/a/KyLse3V

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ram23 said:

^ The disconnect from reality is really quite scary. How someone can pretend to denounce hatred while simultaneously and compulsively spewing hatred and vitriol at others in public is beyond me. The fact that she felt comfortable going on to tell the whole world about her public hate speech attack makes it much worse.

 

I know it's been said many times before, but these little incident that seemingly happen on a daily basis, everywhere in America, really are why Trump won the election and will likely win again in 2020. These are personal attacks on innocent Americans. The average Joe can relate more to a random guy wearing a hat than they can an angry social justice warrior with an attitude problem and a willingness to verbally assault a complete stranger on the street because of a hat.

 

On this same topic, here's yet another example of harassment/assault over a hat. You really can find examples like this on a daily basis. It's really unfortunate:

 

https://imgur.com/a/KyLse3V

 

 Yeah... so here is what you’re arguing.  Let’s say there is a black family in your neighborhood.  They somehow get on the radar of the local KKK or other white nationalist group. The KKK begins to send them hate mail, graffitis their house with racial slurs, escalating it to burning a cross in their yard. The family goes on the news proclaiming that these KKK members are racist and evil.  The KKK responds by saying that calling them evil for merely protecting the white race is hateful and intolerant.  The KKK don’t view their actions as wrong or even hateful in the context of their beliefs.

Your position is that the family is more hateful than the KKK for just responding to the actions the KKK committed against them.  

 

Trump has a 40-year history of racism, starting with trying to prevent black people from living in his buildings, then calling the Central Park 5 guilty even though they weren’t, then later being a huge birther with Obama, then saying a Mexican judge couldn’t be impartial, then dog whistling about Chicago violence, then calling non-white nations shitholes, etc etc etc. The fact that people have responded to that behavior by associating his campaign hat with racism is no different than the family in my example calling the KKK evil and racist for their own actions.  

 

I get it.  You’re a Kool-Aid drinker and will never find any fault with Trump.  He says exactly what you think.  He’s your literal white knight.  But whether you admit it or not, the hate he gets is a direct result of his actions.  So are yours.  

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ironic thing is the left feels they get to define what moral is because they say so. The fact that a stupid hat is "racist" is absurd and shows that people lost the concept of what racism truly is. People on the left have been ratcheting up the rhetoric for so long that their arguments just are plainly absurd.   Instead of having a true debate about morality and policy, the left just throws around words like "racism" and "white privilege" amongst others to try and shut down reasonable conversation. It is why you see something as innocuous as a hat be treated as something more than it truly is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

The ironic thing is the left feels they get to define what moral is because they say so. The fact that a stupid hat is "racist" is absurd and shows that people lost the concept of what racism truly is. People on the left have been ratcheting up the rhetoric for so long that their arguments just are plainly absurd.   Instead of having a true debate about morality and policy, the left just throws around words like "racism" and "white privilege" amongst others to try and shut down reasonable conversation. It is why you see something as innocuous as a hat be treated as something more than it truly is.

 

Fox News tried to convince us a fist bump was tied to terrorism, but ok.

 

You continue to post as if you only consume Breitbart and Fox News.  Just a bizarre reality to live in as opposed to going out and having conversations with people.


Very Stable Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ram23 said:

^ The disconnect from reality is really quite scary. How someone can pretend to denounce hatred while simultaneously and compulsively spewing hatred and vitriol at others in public is beyond me. The fact that she felt comfortable going on to tell the whole world about her public hate speech attack makes it much worse.

 

I know it's been said many times before, but these little incident that seemingly happen on a daily basis, everywhere in America, really are why Trump won the election and will likely win again in 2020. These are personal attacks on innocent Americans. The average Joe can relate more to a random guy wearing a hat than they can an angry social justice warrior with an attitude problem and a willingness to verbally assault a complete stranger on the street because of a hat.

 

On this same topic, here's yet another example of harassment/assault over a hat. You really can find examples like this on a daily basis. It's really unfortunate:

 

https://imgur.com/a/KyLse3V

 

it never ends. I love it that this woman fought back! https://twitter.com/PALOMAFORTRUMP

 

Edited by eastvillagedon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So did we just see the absurd argument that symbols (and the MAGA hat is absolutely a Trump symbol now) can't be seen as racist due to the actions or beliefs of the base movement or leadership?  Symbols have no meaning behind them at all, then, good or bad?

 

Okay, let me go burn an American flag. I'm sure no one will care.  Maybe Brutus could walk around with swastikas on his arm, because symbols have no relation to their movements (and the swastika wasn't even a Nazi symbol originally). 

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jon81oh it is a stupid hat. The left is triggered by it because they choose to be triggered by it. If you see someone wearing it on the street, It may allow you to infer a few opinions about that person, but at the end of the day, it is an article of clothing and an inanimate object.  If it were lying on a table, it the hat elicits more hatred than say for the person who may actually own the hat.  This is the illogical side of the left.

 

Personally, I am not a fan of the MAGA hat and find many Trump supporters to be a bunch of rednecks, but I don't lose my sh(t and go into a blind rage or want to go crying home to mama when I see someone wearing one on the street. I just politely walk by and let bygones be bygones. It is called being a citizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

wait, I thought all Trump supporters were white supremacists and all immigrants are supposed to hate Trump. Surely this story must be a hoax.😲

 

 

Didn't we already establish that persecuted minorities can themselves be part of the problem?  Did I not mention that there were Jews collaborating with the Nazis?  There were Native Americans collaborating with the US Army against others?  That there were Mexica (Aztec) that collaborated with the Spanish?  That there were slaves that collaborated with their masters?  You think this crap is new?  There will ALWAYS be those who work against their own best interests in situations like that.  It's the classic "can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality.  Whether they frame that support that way is irrelevant.  Trump is what he is.  His supporters can't escape that association no matter who they are.

 

 

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

@jon81oh it is a stupid hat. The left is triggered by it because they choose to be triggered by it. If you see someone wearing it on the street, It may allow you to infer a few opinions about that person, but at the end of the day, it is an article of clothing and an inanimate object.  If it were lying on a table, it the hat elicits more hatred than say for the person who may actually own the hat.  This is the illogical side of the left.

 

Personally, I am not a fan of the MAGA hat and find many Trump supporters to be a bunch of rednecks, but I don't lose my sh(t and go into a blind rage or want to go crying home to mama when I see someone wearing one on the street. I just politely walk by and let bygones be bygones. It is called being a citizen

 

So wear the swastika around your neighborhood and then tell the people offended by it that they're merely choosing to be offended by it.  Tell them it's just an inanimate object that holds no meaning by itself.  If you had any courage of your convictions, you could easily prove me wrong by parading around in any of the symbols that almost everyone recognizes as offensive. It doesn't even have to be a swastika.  Walk around in a pointed white hood in a black neighborhood.  It's just a piece of clothing, after all.  I'm sure you'll be fine, and given that you don't have any problems with these things, you'll have absolutely no problem doing it.

 

You always say you're not a fan of the hat or Trump, and yet you're curiously even more defensive of these things than our resident out and proud Trump supporters.  Maybe you should stop treating us like we were born yesterday, because I'm not sure who's supposed to be gullible enough to buy that story.

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

@jon81oh it is a stupid hat. The left is triggered by it because they choose to be triggered by it. If you see someone wearing it on the street, It may allow you to infer a few opinions about that person, but at the end of the day, it is an article of clothing and an inanimate object.  If it were lying on a table, it the hat elicits more hatred than say for the person who may actually own the hat.  This is the illogical side of the left.

 

Personally, I am not a fan of the MAGA hat and find many Trump supporters to be a bunch of rednecks, but I don't lose my sh(t and go into a blind rage or want to go crying home to mama when I see someone wearing one on the street. I just politely walk by and let bygones be bygones. It is called being a citizen

 

Conservatives lost/lose their **** over Starbucks cups.  No one reading this believes your bullsh** that conservatives are somehow morally superior and don't get outraged.


Very Stable Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Losing your sh*t over stupid Starbucks cups is dumb too. People of all persuasions need to get a grip. It is just a cup that holds coffee. Just like the MAGA hat, people need to quit making them into a symbol for some pre-conceived opinion they may have on an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

^ Losing your sh*t over stupid Starbucks cups is dumb too. People of all persuasions need to get a grip. It is just a cup that holds coffee. Just like the MAGA hat, people need to quit making them into a symbol for some pre-conceived opinion they may have on an issue.

 

20 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

 

So wear the swastika around your neighborhood and then tell the people offended by it that they're merely choosing to be offended by it.  Tell them it's just an inanimate object that holds no meaning by itself.  If you had any courage of your convictions, you could easily prove me wrong by parading around in any of the symbols that almost everyone recognizes as offensive. It doesn't even have to be a swastika.  Walk around in a pointed white hood in a black neighborhood.  It's just a piece of clothing, after all.  I'm sure you'll be fine, and given that you don't have any problems with these things, you'll have absolutely no problem doing it.

 

You always say you're not a fan of the hat or Trump, and yet you're curiously even more defensive of these things than our resident out and proud Trump supporters.  Maybe you should stop treating us like we were born yesterday, because I'm not sure who's supposed to be gullible enough to buy that story.

 


Very Stable Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying symbols don't have power, and then making a lame "both sides" point about how people are overreacting to them is a direct contradiction. If symbols don't have any power, how is it that both sides are reacting to them at all? 

 

That is not to say that all reactions are based in anything logical or real, as with the Starbucks cup, but even that example shows that people give meaning to inanimate objects all the time when there is a strong association to something else.  The fact that Brutus is likely unwilling to wear a swastika on his arm or a white pointed hood over his head suggests he knows that's true and is merely being an insufferable contrarian because this is about liberals objecting to something related to Trump.

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

 

Didn't we already establish that persecuted minorities can themselves be part of the problem?  

 

 

no, this is something you established according to the narrow, stereotyped definitions of how you think a certain demographic should think and act. Fortunately there are many who choose to defy your bigotry and live as iconoclasts capable of independent thought. But I guess to you they're just "Uncle Toms." Thank you for being so open minded and accepting of others. Isn't diversity wonderful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

no, this is something you established according to the narrow, stereotyped definitions of how you think a certain demographic should think and act. Fortunately there are many who choose to defy your bigotry and live as iconoclasts capable of independent thought. But I guess to you they're just "Uncle Toms." Thank you for being so open minded and accepting of others. Isn't diversity wonderful?

 

I don't congratulate minorities for supporting politics that undermine their rights or status as equal human beings.  Sorry, not sorry. The fact that you think they should says a lot more about you than my criticism of them does about me.  A racial minority, LGBT person, etc. can do and think whatever they want.  They're free to support the party that gleefully treats them like 2nd class garbage. I never said any differently.  However, I'm under no obligation to legitimize that view or act like it's a decent choice.  I would be doing myself a disservice as one of those minorities.  I have self respect. 

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, jonoh81 said:

Saying symbols don't have power, and then making a lame "both sides" point about how people are overreacting to them is a direct contradiction. If symbols don't have any power, how is it that both sides are reacting to them at all? 

 

That is not to say that all reactions are based in anything logical or real, as with the Starbucks cup, but even that example shows that people give meaning to inanimate objects all the time when there is a strong association to something else.  The fact that Brutus is likely unwilling to wear a swastika on his arm or a white pointed hood over his head suggests he knows that's true and is merely being an insufferable contrarian because this is about liberals objecting to something related to Trump.

Wearing a KKK hood around is completely different than a Starbucks cup or a MAGA hat. The MAGA hat is much more akin to the Starbucks cup example. The KKK hood is purely a symbol of hate because the KKK essentially embraced it and made it part of their culture. Wearing the hood was akin to getting a fraternity brand. It showed you were part of the club. They embraced the symbol and the hate that stemmed from it. If you do that today, you clearly sympathize with those that support hatred. Much the same with the Nazi Swastika.

 

The difference between that and the Starbucks cup and MAGA hat is that the symbolism that people are trying to project on these objects was not the symbolism intended by those who wear them. Starbucks "holiday" cups were designed with no offense in nature, but since some people perceived a "war" on Xmas, changing them to red and removing "holiday" language was seen as a hidden liberal agenda. Couple it with the fact that the CEO of Starbucks leans liberal, conservatives manufactured a false narrative on the subject. This is the same with the MAGA hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, jonoh81 said:

You always say you're not a fan of the hat or Trump, and yet you're curiously even more defensive of these things than our resident out and proud Trump supporters.  Maybe you should stop treating us like we were born yesterday, because I'm not sure who's supposed to be gullible enough to buy that story.

 

If you would look past some of the blunt language I sometimes use and truly examine the spirit of my posts, you will see what I am a moderate who leans conservative much like @YABO713, although, I tend to use more colorful language sometimes.  So, no, I often don't agree with you on the substantive issues, but I will always agree that Trump is not a good president and poor leader. I really never defend Trump, but often, I look for opportunities that are truly egregious instead of getting excited about the next big conspiracy theory coming out on Trump. I saw conservatives do this for years and now I see the left doing it.

 

If anything, I would sacrifice some of my political interests if there was a true statesman that emerged, but neither side seems interested in statesmanship anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

Wearing a KKK hood around is completely different than a Starbucks cup or a MAGA hat. The MAGA hat is much more akin to the Starbucks cup example. The KKK hood is purely a symbol of hate because the KKK essentially embraced it and made it part of their culture. Wearing the hood was akin to getting a fraternity brand. It showed you were part of the club. They embraced the symbol and the hate that stemmed from it. If you do that today, you clearly sympathize with those that support hatred. Much the same with the Nazi Swastika.

 

The difference between that and the Starbucks cup and MAGA hat is that the symbolism that people are trying to project on these objects was not the symbolism intended by those who wear them. Starbucks "holiday" cups were designed with no offense in nature, but since some people perceived a "war" on Xmas, changing them to red and removing "holiday" language was seen as a hidden liberal agenda. Couple it with the fact that the CEO of Starbucks leans liberal, conservatives manufactured a false narrative on the subject. This is the same with the MAGA hat.

 

See, this is exactly why you can't be taken seriously.  You're just another Trump apologist who can't just come out and say as much.  I respect Ram and EVD far more because at least they don't try to hide it.  There are endless documented examples of Trump being racist or discriminatory, and you act like it's being pulled out of thin air.  The movement he has been pushing is not only morally disgusting, but is actively helping to increase violence against minorities across the country.  His hat is a symbol of him and that movement. Let me know when a f****** red Starbucks cup does any of that.  Any conservatives that can embrace the full sick immorality of Donald Trump, but act like pure, angelic Christians about a coffee cup are all completely insane.

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

 

If you would look past some of the blunt language I sometimes use and truly examine the spirit of my posts, you will see what I am a moderate who leans conservative much like @YABO713, although, I tend to use more colorful language sometimes.  So, no, I often don't agree with you on the substantive issues, but I will always agree that Trump is not a good president and poor leader. I really never defend Trump, but often, I look for opportunities that are truly egregious instead of getting excited about the next big conspiracy theory coming out on Trump. I saw conservatives do this for years and now I see the left doing it.

 

If anything, I would sacrifice some of my political interests if there was a true statesman that emerged, but neither side seems interested in statesmanship anymore.

 

Come off it, no one believes you're not defending Trump.  The "both sides" rhetoric is such a dead giveaway and always has been.  People like to say that because they don't like how awful their side is being, so they pretend everyone else is doing the same thing.  It's deep deflection.  It's the reason so many Trump supporters bring up Hillary.  She's everything they hate about themselves but ascribe to her.  Maybe instead of being so embarrassed and ashamed of what you've become that you have to act like everyone else is just as bad, maybe just stop defending it altogether.  Better yet, just stop being awful.  Because otherwise, the only thing that's true about "both sides" is where you talk out of your mouth. 

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

 

See, this is exactly why you can't be taken seriously.  You're just another Trump apologist who can't just come out and say as much.  I respect Ram and EVD far more because at least they don't try to hide it.  There are endless documented examples of Trump being racist or discriminatory, and you act like it's being pulled out of thin air.  The movement he has been pushing is not only morally disgusting, but is actively helping to increase violence against minorities across the country.  His hat is a symbol of him and that movement. Let me know when a f****** red Starbucks cup does any of that.  Any conservatives that can embrace the full sick immorality of Donald Trump, but act like pure, angelic Christians about a coffee cup are all completely insane.

:classic_rolleyes:

 47772596671_e0b07e4f26_o.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 9:46 PM, Ram23 said:

^ The disconnect from reality is really quite scary. How someone can pretend to denounce hatred while simultaneously and compulsively spewing hatred and vitriol at others in public is beyond me. The fact that she felt comfortable going on to tell the whole world about her public hate speech attack makes it much worse.

 

I know it's been said many times before, but these little incident that seemingly happen on a daily basis, everywhere in America, really are why Trump won the election and will likely win again in 2020. These are personal attacks on innocent Americans. The average Joe can relate more to a random guy wearing a hat than they can an angry social justice warrior with an attitude problem and a willingness to verbally assault a complete stranger on the street because of a hat.

 

On this same topic, here's yet another example of harassment/assault over a hat. You really can find examples like this on a daily basis. It's really unfortunate:

 

https://imgur.com/a/KyLse3V

 

an update

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

an update

 

You could try directly addressing any current events regarding Trump or Republicans.  Giving us an update on the hot take from Diamond and Silk, as if that’s some kind of objective source, serves to only perpetuate the idea that you really may be in over your head when it comes to political discussion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, DarkandStormy said:

 

Fox News tried to convince us a fist bump was tied to terrorism, but ok.

 

You continue to post as if you only consume Breitbart and Fox News.  Just a bizarre reality to live in as opposed to going out and having conversations with people.

To be clear and in context In regard to the "fist bump" the New Yorker laid the ground work and Faux News ran with the negative "muslim" narrative about the Obamas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just see stupid behavior on both extremes and think it's a lot easier to not worry if they're on "your side" or not.  Just call a spade a spade - makes everything so much easier.  That said, posting every incident you see that makes you think the other side looks stupid, is in and of itself kinda stupid - especially when it's a random person.  Availability bias doesn't confirm what you think it does.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ck said:

I just see stupid behavior on both extremes and think it's a lot easier to not worry if they're on "your side" or not.  Just call a spade a spade - makes everything so much easier.  That said, posting every incident you see that makes you think the other side looks stupid, is in and of itself kinda stupid - especially when it's a random person.  Availability bias doesn't confirm what you think it does.  

 

I don't know about that.  There's a lot of evidence that liberals police their side far better than conservatives.  Look no further than the issue of politicians/celebrities and sexual assault of women.  That is not to say there aren't any liberal hypocrites who look the other way, but those people don't seem to be the exception more often than not.  And they get called out more on that hypocrisy by other liberals.

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ck said:

I just see stupid behavior on both extremes and think it's a lot easier to not worry if they're on "your side" or not.  Just call a spade a spade - makes everything so much easier.  That said, posting every incident you see that makes you think the other side looks stupid, is in and of itself kinda stupid - especially when it's a random person.  Availability bias doesn't confirm what you think it does.  

Exactly, the fact is both sides do it. Both sides are equally as bad. The people who cannot acknowledge that bury their heads in the sand and have a confirmation bias. Just because they may sympathize with many of the issues on that side, does not give them moral superiority. They are both awful in many cases. Politics brings out the worst in people.

 

21 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

 

Come off it, no one believes you're not defending Trump.  The "both sides" rhetoric is such a dead giveaway and always has been.  People like to say that because they don't like how awful their side is being, so they pretend everyone else is doing the same thing.  It's deep deflection.  It's the reason so many Trump supporters bring up Hillary.  She's everything they hate about themselves but ascribe to her.  Maybe instead of being so embarrassed and ashamed of what you've become that you have to act like everyone else is just as bad, maybe just stop defending it altogether.  Better yet, just stop being awful.  Because otherwise, the only thing that's true about "both sides" is where you talk out of your mouth. 

I don't defend Trump. I do sometimes call out the people with Trump Derangement Syndrome when they get completely off the rails. And I would not have had a major beef if Hillary won. I did not vote for her, I voted 3rd party. I thought she was a horrible candidate and ran a lousy campaign, but my criticism of her is mainly how horrible of a candidate she was, but Hillary is old news. 

I speak of both sides because I for one am willing to call out hypocrisy on both the right and left. That is something that many people refuse to want to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

Exactly, the fact is both sides do it. Both sides are equally as bad. The people who cannot acknowledge that bury their heads in the sand and have a confirmation bias. Just because they may sympathize with many of the issues on that side, does not give them moral superiority. They are both awful in many cases. Politics brings out the worst in people.

 

I don't defend Trump. I do sometimes call out the people with Trump Derangement Syndrome when they get completely off the rails. And I would not have had a major beef if Hillary won. I did not vote for her, I voted 3rd party. I thought she was a horrible candidate and ran a lousy campaign, but my criticism of her is mainly how horrible of a candidate she was, but Hillary is old news. 

I speak of both sides because I for one am willing to call out hypocrisy on both the right and left. That is something that many people refuse to want to do.  

 

The fact that you use "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as if it's not a Right Wing term and not meant to completely undermine all criticism of his presidency- no matter how fact-based and legitimate that criticism is- says it all.  It's like Fox News calling themselves fair and balanced. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...