jmecklenborg

Cincinnati: Downtown: Development and News

1 minute ago, Ucgrad2015 said:

Does anyone know if the building adjacent to 5/3 on the square can support  additional floors?

The annex building? To the north of the square. If that is what your referring to no it was not built to hold additional floors. Worked on a feasibility study back in 2005 to determine 

1 hour ago, savadams13 said:

The annex building? To the north of the square. If that is what your referring to no it was not built to hold additional floors. Worked on a feasibility study back in 2005 to determine 

We maybe 5/3 can develop their air rights above the old Macy's to expand their corporate campus that direction.

1 hour ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

We maybe 5/3 can develop their air rights above the old Macy's to expand their corporate campus that direction.

5/3 sold those air rights to 3CDC. Not to pop that balloon but that's probably not going to happen.

That will be used by Rebel Mettle Brewery, which was originally planning to go into the former Clyffside Brewery on McMicken, but the timing didn't work out.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, ColDayMan said:

Downtown getting first new brewery in more than a decade

screen-shot-2019-08-26-at-25243-pm*750xx

Downtown Cincinnati is getting its first new brewery in more than a decade – and the city's first veteran-owned brewery – in a project coming to Fourth Street.

Rebel Mettle Brewery is coming to 412 Central Ave.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2019/08/26/exclusive-downtown-getting-first-new-brewery-in.html

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NsideProp said:

I think this is the same group that was going to be in the Hamilton/Sohn Brewery. Rebel Mettle. 

It is. Apparently Hamilton/Sohn/Clyffside is still not out of the running for a second location.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mcmicken said:

It is. Apparently Hamilton/Sohn/Clyffside is still not out of the running for a second location.

Interesting share more!

15 minutes ago, savadams13 said:

Too many pots on the stove right now for 3CDC, but they created this for themselves by allowing local government to be hostile to out of state developers. 

Can you elaborate? Did an out of town developer want to redevelop fountain place? 

Just seems odd that if 3cdc is simply redeveloping the property by including office space on the upper levels, and new commercial tenants on the ground floor that it would take almost a year for any activity or movement since there purchase back in January.

Seems counter productive towards 3cdc mission of "reactivating spaces and the urban core" by letting Cincinnati's most prime real estate sit completely vacant for so long now without any movement or progress on the site. 

1 hour ago, troeros said:

Can you elaborate? Did an out of town developer want to redevelop fountain place? 

Just seems odd that if 3cdc is simply redeveloping the property by including office space on the upper levels, and new commercial tenants on the ground floor that it would take almost a year for any activity or movement since there purchase back in January.

Seems counter productive towards 3cdc mission of "reactivating spaces and the urban core" by letting Cincinnati's most prime real estate sit completely vacant for so long now without any movement or progress on the site. 

Cranley and company have made a hostile environment for out of town developers. Giving preference to 3CDC and local benefactors to his campaign. I have seen a number of out of town developers pass on Cincinnati knowing about this environment.  I dont hate on 3CDC but they are stretched thin at the moment internally on all the different projects they are working on. Fountain Place is on the back burner at the moment. 

Edited by savadams13

41 minutes ago, savadams13 said:

Cranley and company have made a hostile environment for out of town developers. Giving preference to 3CDC and local benefactors to his campaign. I have seen a number of out of town developers base Cincinnati by know about this environment.  I dont hate on 3CDC but they are stretched thin at the moment internally on all the different projects they are working on. Fountain Place is on the back burner at the moment. 

100% Disagree, from everything I have heard over the past few weeks Fountain Place is definitely not “on the back burner”. It’s actually priority number 1. The city/Cranley recognizes this property can’t sit vacant much longer it’s a massive drag on everything around it. I’m hoping/ thinking we get news in the next few weeks or so.

1 hour ago, savadams13 said:

Cranley and company have made a hostile environment for out of town developers. Giving preference to 3CDC and local benefactors to his campaign. I have seen a number of out of town developers base Cincinnati by know about this environment.  I dont hate on 3CDC but they are stretched thin at the moment internally on all the different projects they are working on. Fountain Place is on the back burner at the moment. 

Just browsing 3cdc current projects page...

They are still wrapped up with;

Behlen Building

Meiner's Building

4th and Race

Doesn't seem that much of a heavy work load at the moment compared to past years. 

The are also in the planning stages on building out townhomes on Pleasant, and infilling Vine in between 15th and Liberty.    Also, while I have no information on this, I have to assume they are trying to purchase the Wade's land behind the old Krogers.

44 minutes ago, JoeHarmon said:

The are also in the planning stages on building out townhomes on Pleasant, and infilling Vine in between 15th and Liberty.    Also, while I have no information on this, I have to assume they are trying to purchase the Wade's land behind the old Krogers.

Sure, but as mentioned before 3cdc is literally not making improvements to fountain place, they are just filling in the vacant businesses with new businesses. I understand if they were going to build a new mixed use tower on that site but they arent...so your telling me it takes a year to find businesses to open at fountain place?

3 hours ago, troeros said:

Just browsing 3cdc current projects page...

They are still wrapped up with;

Behlen Building

Meiner's Building

4th and Race

Doesn't seem that much of a heavy work load at the moment compared to past years. 

Exactly. I had looked at their project list a few weeks or so ago and thought the same thing. The fact is they do have lots of projects that are in the planning stage including Fountain Place but that’s about it at the moment. Now that the 1010 Kroger project along with those small court street buildings are pretty much done,  3CDC doesn’t  actually have much under construction* to warrant all this “3CDC is overwhelmed with so many projects” talk I keep seeing lol.

Willkommen is also a huge project. Not to mention other ongoing efforts around Court Street.

If the city had let F&C do 4th & Race themselves as originally planned, that would free 3CDC up to work on something else. But Cranley had to bring in 3CDC as a partner on that project.

• Like 1

Historical downtown building sells; owner plans renovations

west-fourth-1*750xx1628-918-12-146.jpg

Historical downtown building sells; owner plans renovations. Property name: 133 W. Fourth St. Behind the deal: Craft worked with the buyer and seller to come to terms on the historical building.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2019/12/11/historical-downtown-building-sells-owner-plans.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers