22046126_1600947886623169_4487836262878664264_n.jpg?oh=ebf58da6b13d01d8d3a037b7e130af7a&oe=5A562E5A

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

http://fox8.com/2017/09/28/ohio-officials-plan-to-reinstall-confederate-monument/

What the actual ****?

Ohio officials plan to reinstall Confederate monument

Franklin is the worst.  They are also more recently known for this...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/09/13/volunteer-franklin-township-firefighter-suspended-racist-remarks-posted-facebook/664664001/

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Black Students United Cornell U. (not sure about united)

We demand that Cornell Admissions to come up with a plan to actively increase the presence of

underrepresented Black students on this campus. We define underrepresented Black students as

Black Americans who have several generations (more than two) in this country.

The Black student population at Cornell disproportionately represents international or

first-generation African or Caribbean students. While these students have a right to flourish at

Cornell, there is a lack of investment in Black students whose families were affected directly by

the African Holocaust in America. Cornell must work to actively support students whose

families have been impacted for generations by white supremacy and American fascism

https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Cornell-Black-Students-United-List-of-Demands.pdf

:|

From what I hear, a lot of those Ivy League schools still let people in based on who their father is.

I want to see all those white trust fund baby social justice warriors at $50k a year liberal arts universities, going to Community College or public universities where they're under-represented. You'll never see that turn-around, though! Their heart bleeds from a distance!

Elitism is the whole point of going to a place like Cornell. People don't know that before they apply? That's funny. Then this person got in and started writing a list of demands. If you don't support elitist universities, I don't know why you would even support them by attending.

I think white people in general but especially the elite, just don't value public education. That goes for high schools as well. Being conservative or liberal doesn't have much to do with it. It's funny, if you look at rankings from U.S. News and World Report, most top programs are at public universities. Still, everyone assumes that places like Harvard, Yale and Cornell are the absolute best places you could get an education.

If the Ivy League were truly diverse, I don't think people would even care to attend as much. That's like the whole point of it's existence - it's exclusionary.

Quote from: DarkandStormy on Yesterday at 03:39:27 PM

http://fox8.com/2017/09/28/ohio-officials-plan-to-reinstall-confederate-monument/

What the actual ****?

Nobody realized the monument was even there, along Cin-Day Road hidden in the weeds and brush until the Enquirer started rabble-rousing.  Then it was removed....

It was placed by the daughters of the Civil War back in the 20's I think?

If the Ivy League were truly diverse, I don't think people would even care to attend as much. That's like the whole point of it's existence - it's exclusionary.

Really?  Really?  What a stupid comment.

You have any idea what an IVY league education actually consists of? 

Don't forget that Obama and his wife are both Harvard grads and now his daughter Malia is attending.  I guess they must see some value in the education or maybe they are all blinded by the exclusionary facade...

What the actual ****?

Franklin is the worst.  They are also more recently known for this...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/09/13/volunteer-franklin-township-firefighter-suspended-racist-remarks-posted-facebook/664664001/

Friggin' unbelievable.  In this era of Trump, it seems like everyone's in a race to revert to cavemen/women.  :bang: :bang:

Allow me to introduce you to a real leader....

Black students at the U.S. Air Force Academy Prep School found racist slurs written on their doors.

Their superintendent wasn't having it....

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Business/Political connections run deep, those degrees open doors.

NFL players still did their jobs. She didn’t. And white conservatives loved her for it.

https://t.co/hMsVRO5OHs

Jingoism (noun), definition -- see below.

Titans' Delanie Walker, family received death threats since comments about national anthem

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2017/09/28/titans-delanie-walker-says-family-has-received-death-threats-over-protest-durinational-anthem-protes/715320001/

With this comprehensive guide, black football players will never have to worry about scaring the White NFL owners again!

http://realestate.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2017/10/amazons_north_randall_fulfillm.html

Really breaking out the red carpet to a new major employer. Way to represent the city.

There's a certain type of politician who would apparently rather "their" people remain poor and beholden to the government (with guess-who as the middleman).  These days, that bunch is largely minority, mostly black some Hispanic.  There's also a certain type of politician that doesn't want anything happening economically unless they are getting cut in.  That's a breed that crosses racial, geographical, and party lines.

Together they used to be called "machines" and in some places still are.  They had as much to do with the development of suburbs as anyone.

Well said...

49ers safety Eric Reid to reporters in response to @VP leaving today’s game in reaction to players kneeling during anthem: https://t.co/yMukN335Vd

Well said...

49ers safety Eric Reid to reporters in response to @VP leaving today’s game in reaction to players kneeling during anthem: https://t.co/yMukN335Vd

Well said Mr Reid!

Minorities currently make up 40% (yes FORTY) of our military forces.  So many of these guys taking a knee have close connections to the military. 

So when will Trump supporters realize the absurdity of a VP (who never served in the military) being sent to Indy for a stunt at the direction of a man who was a draft-dodger, insulted gold star families and former POW/MIAs?  How many of the Trump or Pence family serve or served in the military? 

Well said...

Well said Mr Reid!

Minorities currently make up 40% (yes FORTY) of our military forces.  So many of these guys taking a knee have close connections to the military. 

So when will Trump supporters realize the absurdity of a VP (who never served in the military) being sent to Indy for a stunt at the direction of a man who was a draft-dodger, insulted gold star families and former POW/MIAs?  How many of the Trump or Pence family serve or served in the military?

Pence's son is currently serving and Trump went to military school as a youth.  Do some research.

Well said...

Well said Mr Reid!

Pence's son is currently serving and Trump went to military school as a youth.  Do some research.

Going to military school as youth doesn't count for jack.

Well said...

Well said Mr Reid!

Ahh yes...military school.  How could I forget the brave brave service of the young Donald Trump? 

So maybe Pence and Trump should do some research about the current make up of the military as well? 

Well said...

I like how he starts off claiming he's "controlling the narrative" and closes by criticizing the VP and the millions of people who agree with him of "confus(ing) the message." If your "narrative" is so easily "confused," you either don't have a very coherent message, or you're not delivering it very effectively. In this case, it's both, and it has been from the get go.

This is yet another example of why NFL players should stick to what they're good at instead of trying to branch out into politics. The (0-5) 49ers, in particular, should be focusing on what they do on the field instead of what they do during the anthem.

Maybe Pence should be focusing on tax reform, or infrastructure, or keeping Idiot Trump from starting a nuclear war instead of flying cross-country on taxpayer dollars so that he can stage a petty little drama-queen walkout.  We don't pay the 49er's.  We pay Pence.

hahaha. Military school. Did they give him a wooden rifle? I bet he had the shiniest buttons. Many people have said so.

My guess is it's closer to service than what either yourself or Cleburger have done in your lives.  And it's funny how Cleburger called Trump a draft dodger; that makes 3/4 Presidents draft dodgers but I'm sure you said nothing about Bill.

So, my FIL went to military school and I got some interesting perspectives from him as to what it entails. Basically, it is a trussed up boarding school. Some of the graduates do go on to have careers in the military. Some do not. Both are fine, as far as I'm concerned. What's not fine is trying to present 'military school' as akin to 'military service'. The two are not equatable. Military service entails actually serving in the military and all of the risks associated therein. Military school is a highly structured educational program in a closed campus.

So, my FIL went to military school and I got some interesting perspectives from him as to what it entails. Basically, it is a trussed up boarding school. Some of the graduates do go on to have careers in the military. Some do not. Both are fine, as far as I'm concerned. What's not fine is trying to present 'military school' as akin to 'military service'. The two are not equatable. Military service entails actually serving in the military and all of the risks associated therein. Military school is a highly structured educational program in a closed campus.

I'm aware of how it works and never insinuated that it was equivalent to actual service; but they do offer JROTC.

hahaha. Military school. Did they give him a wooden rifle? I bet he had the shiniest buttons. Many people have said so.

My guess is it's closer to service than what either yourself or Cleburger have done in your lives.  And it's funny how Cleburger called Trump a draft dodger; that makes 3/4 Presidents draft dodgers but I'm sure you said nothing about Bill.

Funny how any criticism of Trump automatically causes Cult45 to name a Clinton.  It's like a form of Tourettes.... 

Cult45, it works every time!  :-D :-D

Black Cities Matter: Studying majority-black cities, when their existence is being questioned https://t.co/3smvk3LZxk via @BrookingsInst