I never said I took it as gospel; I said THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD. I've never lived with a Black woman, no, but I've had plenty of black friends (and I know their family)and there's alot of black in my family. Two of my brothers are biracial, one of my uncles is biracial and my family has a lot of black friends who I'm around. I don't learn about black people from tv.

I'm black and i date 95% white women. I just find i'm more compatible with them. Most black women i've run into have attitudes like no other. interesting enough i found that the really sexy black women are with white men.. go figure..lol

I hate when I hear that. What do you mean "attitude like no other?" As if white women don't have bad attitudes? As if Latina women don't have attitudes. In my opinion, they Latin women are 100% WORSE than Black women. Trust.

It's just from my experience that black women thing the world owes them something. Just the other day I was shopping for groceries and a group of black girls were in there cursing an swearing to no end about some bs that happen. I don't want to hear their problems I have my own problems. Fug this and fug that. The only other time i see white women like that is they are drunk in a country bar..lol

Wow! OK, here we go. I'll try to be civil and respectful. Being a man who has dated a few different races, I find that there are some general characteristics that relate more to Social and Economic status more than the Race they belong to. Everyone is a product of where they come from, I don't care who you are. I know Black Women who act like the common stereotype of White Women, simply because they were raised in a certain Social and Economic Environment that is normally associated with the stereotype of White women and visa-versa.

Black women from certain Social an Economic backgrounds do act ignorant and do have chips on their shoulders. There are some understandable reasons and some reasons that come out of the ignorance that they are afflicted with because of the Social and Economic backround they come from. However, I have noticed this same condition in White and other races of women and men, because they come from similar backgrounds. I have also known men an women of both and other races who come from different backgrounds who act completely different.

It is not the color of your skin who makes you who you are, it is the environment you come from and are currently in. You would be different than you are if you came from a different environment and would change from who you are today, to a certain extent, if you were suddenly put in another environment, today. Example: The Iraq War or if you were suddenly made a slave, etc. Extreme circumstances bring extremes personalities out of People.

Some of the behavior you witness from certain people of certain races is not a trait that all people of that race are born with in their genes, it is learned. If a black or white man is ignorant, I challenge you to consider another reason other than the color of their skin.

Oh, so your answer to my question is that about 3% of the Black women you have ever seen were attractive and  about 97% were not. Is that what you're saying?

Oh, so your answer to my question is that about 3% of the Black women you have ever seen were attractive and about 97% were not. Is that what you're saying?

Pretty much.

Oh, so your answer to my question is that about 3% of the Black women you have ever seen were attractive and about 97% were not. Is that what you're saying?

Pretty much.

I...I don't know where to start.  So I'll just.. ..  ummmm

I'm suppose to be attracted to every race of women equally? Sorry I'm not politically correct enough for people on this forum. All I did was read CDawg's post about interracial trends and gave my own opinion. Im rarely attracted to Asian women as well (though I have an ex girlfriend that is half Thai and she was pretty attractive). MTS you just said you won't date Latin men so who are you to take the moral highground on a racial preference issue?

Master that would be the bigger reason, and since statistically in most areas there is a greater number of African Americans that come from that certain socio-economic background, it may leave people with the impression that thats how they overwhelmingly are. 

DC is kinda unique in that there isnt a white underclass, so all you see is professional whites that have moved here for a job, professional blacks that have moved here for a job, and the black Washintonians that have grown up here (from the other socio-economic background) that tend to be hostile towards the whites.  There is also a segment of African Americans that have jobs here with the government (mostly city) that must have been hired out of the latter scenario, and probably during the Barry administration, that have huge chips on their shoulders and are nasty as can be, and also hostile. 

The white-black thing here does sometimes make it difficult to not stereotype, since again yesterday in the grocery store I  1.)  was approached by 3 different black people with stories about why they needed me to help them pay for their groceries,  2.)  witnessed a black man stuffing his baggy pants with steaks,  3.)  several black woman with kids saying f this and f that to them........  (I wont even go into what happened during my walk home)

Thankfully I live next to an African American couple (from Cleveland) that I adore, and work with some african american people that are awesome!   

FYI, a couple of months ago I was walking with my other neighbor that is an inner city social worker, and we saw a group of african american males ahead (mind you this is not a bad area) and we purposely didnt cross to the other side (as to not be considered racial profilling) but wouldnt you know it, we were robbed! 

Im not sure what my point is, and I can say that I have never been considered racist, but lets just say living in DC has made things difficult.       

3.)  several black woman with kids saying f this and f that to them........ 

It just makes my skin crawl when I see and hear that. I was at the grocery store not long ago and this mother was beating the crap out on her little girl slapping her all over her body dropping f-bombs. A sure way to insure that the cycle will be repeated.

It just makes my skin crawl when I see and hear that. I was at the grocery store not long ago and this mother was beating the crap out on her little girl slapping her all over her body dropping f-bombs. A sure way to insure that the cycle will be repeated.

On the train this morning, several HS kids were on board and the girl was F'n this, N-word that to her friends.  A very small child on his way to school with his mother was sitting right next to them.  If I was that mother, I would have told them to watch their language.  And to Master's point, 5 of the kids were African-American, 2 were white and they were all speaking the exact same way and using the same vernacular.

Not that I am condoning this, but on the flip side of Willyboy's experience, I would say this happens more often in urban setting because the situations are more visible.

I'm sure there are just as many white poor rural examples.

Not necessarily true.  When we got out of line, in public, my mother or worse, my grandmother would drop one on the kids.  You knew better than to act up, ask for or touch anything in the store.  You had ample warning, so if you "acted up" you got punished.

There were plenty of times, my mother BEAT, yes BEAT, the hell out of my brother in public.  And trust me the words that would come out of her mouth could make the raunchiest sailor cringe.  I give my mother credit as she would only talk to us in Spanish, so most people didn't know what was being said.

Today, my brother doesn't beat his children or punish them to the extreme my parents punished him.

On the train this morning, several HS kids were on board and the girl was F'n this, N-word that to her friends.  A very small child on his way to school with his mother was sitting right next to them.  If I was that mother, I would have told them to watch their language.  And to Master's point, 5 of the kids were African-American, 2 were white and they were all speaking the exact same way and using the same vernacular.

Some people are afraid to say something.  I agree the parent could have said something, but then again, so could each passenger in earshot!

I as a man of color, find it extremely offensive when people use the "n" word.  I don't even like the fact that CDM uses it as a tag, but I "understand" why he uses it.  When people speak like that I say something, especially when kids use it as many don't know why they are using the word or what it means to African American people.

I will never, ever forget my cousin using the "n" word accidental at my grandparents house, when we were teenagers.  It was the week before Halloween 1981.  My grandmother dragged him from their house all the way to 79 St. & Kosciuszko.  She then explained to him what it feels like to be called a "n" word and what it mean to be perceived as a "nigger".  She told him to take in his surrounds as what he is viewing is perceived, as how all black people should be viewed or what a neighborhood will become if a black family moves in and those very same people think blacks or "n's" as some people chose to label us, are the reason the "eastside" has declined. 

She gave us one "talking to" about race and the power of words and told my cousin that if he has the need to use that word, he can stay down in hough with those that are perceived as "n's" because he would no longer be welcomed in her house.

I'm suppose to be attracted to every race of women equally? Sorry I'm not politically correct enough for people on this forum. All I did was read CDawg's post about interracial trends and gave my own opinion. I'm rarely attracted to Asian women as well (though I have an ex girlfriend that is half Thai and she was pretty attractive). MTS you just said you won't date Latin men so who are you to take the moral highground on a racial preference issue?

I'm not asking you to be PC, nor do I think anyone else on this board would think you should as well.  Being rarely attracted to someone, is very different than putting a percentage on the number of black females you've seen that you feel are unattractive.

I am not physically attracted to Latin men, yet that does not mean, that I don't find many Latin men phyne as hell!

I see men and women of all different colors and races, that I think are attractive, but I'm not physically attracted to.  That very different than saying all the X women of a certain race are unattractive.

Unless, you know a bunch of ugly chicks, thats really hard for me to understand that 97% of those black women are completely unattractive to you.

^Thats a really interesting and good point MTS.  Differentiating between attractive people who you know are good looking and people who you are sexually and physically attracted to.  Just like straight guys can acknowledge a good looking guy, and gay mean can acknowledge a good looking girl. Same can be applied to race, IMO. Kudos, MTS!

Willyboy, I get several things out of what you just said. It is all a matter of perception. I have been robbed, at gun point, by several Black Men, as well. However, I feel no need to cross the street when I see Black Men walking toward me. Why, because I have the advantage of being Black. I mean; I have the advantage of knowing in my heart that it is not the color of a Black Man that  makes them rob people. It is other things. You are right when you say that the perception of Black People is negative because of the amount of Black People who are unfortunate enough to come from bad Social and Economic backgroungs. Let's remember; that is not their fault. They didn't pick their parents nor the neighborhood they were raised in. And for the record, I have seen some of these same unfortunate things happen at the grocery store from White People, families, etc. Think about the people we call Red Necks. They are white, but they are ignorant. Why? Not because of the color of their skin, but their Social and Economic background and environment. If Black People had better neighborhoods, schools and if older Black Adults would lend themselves as role models, then after a generation or two, you would see a change. That is up to all of us to vote, participate and make sure that we address the issues that cause certain ethnic and racial groups to have to grow up and live in Social and Economic environments that breed ignorance.

David, you have a right to be attracted to whom ever you want to. Remember, I never condemed you for what you said, I just found it to be hard to believe and wanted to make sure I understood you correctly. However, I think that you need glasses, because I see Black Women almost every day that light my fire and do you watch TV?

MyTwoSense, I'm not sure, but based on conversations we've both been involved in, I think you are extremely beautiful from the inside-out! If you're half as fine outside as you are inside, whoo Hoooo! Hopefully I just said that to a woman. I don't go the other way. Nothing against those who do, but I don't.

I'm going to share an article with you guys that I have written. It kind of addresses what I have just said.

MyTwoSense, I'm not sure, but based on conversations we've both been involved in, I think you are extremely beautiful from the inside-out! If you're half as fine outside as you are inside, whoo Hoooo! Hopefully I just said that to a woman. I don't go the other way. Nothing against those who do, but I don't.

I'm not saying a thing.  Not a thing.

Umm.  I'm extremely flattered, as only one other man has said that to me.  Fortunately he played for my team.

Now for the bad news.  MTS is all man. And don't worry, I dont go the other way either!  LMAO!  No offense to those who go the other way.

Perceptions of Free Will:

Here is a story of a child who was born to uneducated and ignorant parents who happened to be drug addicts. The child didn't know why he didn't feel good but he didn't. The child had no choice but to cry, out of instinct. His mother chose not to feed him because she needed money for drugs. This child was abused, sexually assaulted, neglected and suffered unimaginable mental stress and abuse as he grew up. His parents introduced him to drugs at a very young age and he has been an addict ever since. The institutions he was forced to endure as a child introduced him to more criminal minded young thugs and the staff at these institutions treated them all like garbage. When he was 18 years old he robbed a grocery store. The judge asked him why and the young man's reply was that he had no choice. The judge told him that everyone has Free Will and Freedom of Choice. The young man said "Not me." The judge asked why? This young man was nervous in front of the judge and all of those people. This young Jr. High School drop out who was in withdrawal from his Heroin Addiction began to stutter as he did his best, in horrible English. He rambled and tried to explain an 18 year story in the 5 seconds the judge gave him before interrupting the young man. The judge said "Just as I thought." He gave him the maximum sentence.

Did this young man have Free Will? If he could articulate, he would say that as a baby, he had no Free Will. He had to submit to the will of his parents and his environment. He would say that he didn't choose his parents and he didn't ask for the needle to be stuck in him by his mother's boy friend. He didn't ask for it the first time nor the second or third. He would say that he needed the drugs to live and he needed money to buy the drugs. He would tell you that there are no free drug programs in his town and that no one wants to be his friend. Employment was not a choice because of his record, his appearance, his lack of a diploma and skills. He doesn't even have an address to put on an employment application. He doesn't even have the ability to work a shift without drugs. He definitely can't work on drugs.

In my opinion, by the time this child was old enough to exercise his Free Will, his choices had become limited. They were limited by his lack of education, his ignorance, his vocabulary and poor English, not to mention his addiction. Drug addicts tend to loose there Freedom of Choice. Any doctor will tell you that a Heroin Addict of many years

must have the drugs or face the possibility of death. Most of us are not capable of choosing death over anything. For Heroin Drug Addicts, that leaves one option: Get the drugs by any means necessary. It is a matter of life or death.

For those of us who were properly raised and who are drug free, this is hard to comprehend and the concept of being in a situation where there are absolutely no choices available is disturbing, to say the least. For many people, the obvious choice would be to turn to God. For those who don't believe in God or a higher power, this option is not available either. For the believers: The Christian God says "He is The Truth, The Way and The Light", if you have faith. The question is how can this young man have faith in a God he knows nothing about? Is it possible that The Devil can take you to a place so dark that it is impossible for you to ever see the light. If you are sheltered from God by godless parents and your environment, will God seek out to find you? I will leave you to answer these questions for yourselves. I would be happy to address these questions at another time. For those who are wondering. Yes, I do believe. I am a Christian. For those who don't believe and need one logical reason; I will offer two:

1. Because God offers hope. When there are no other options available, he is always there. Without hope, there is very little incentive to try. I know that as long as I keep trying, God will make it OK. So I never give up. When I experience tragedy I turn to him and I see hope.

2. Just in case. The moral values and teachings of my God are great principles to live by. It does me and no one else any harm for me to believe. In fact, I believe that following his teachings have had a positive impact in my life. What a shame it would be to wake up out of my coffin one day to find out that there really was a God and I am doomed to burn for eternity. Eternity is a long time to burn. That would suck!

Did this man have Freedom of Choice? Answer that for yourselves, as well. I know what I believe. What do you believe? Get drugs or die. Is that a choice? Turn to a God he was raised to not believe in, knows nothing about and can't see, feel or touch. He definitely doesn't feel loved by God. My humble definition of Free Will is: The right and ability to make your own choices. If you have no choices, do you still have Free Will. Are there always choices? If I have less choices available does that mean I have less Free Will or does it mean that I just have less choices to exercise my Free Will with? More questions for you to answer for yourselves. I have my own answers but these are topics for other articles.

What answers to I have on this topic? America is a society of people who have a history of throwing rocks to try to stop a Freight Train. There are some huge problems that we do little about in this country. There are many, many tragic lives and situations in this country and we are quick to blame the person involved in these tragedies by saying "You had a choice" or "You have Free Will". We, who were lucky or blessed enough to be born to good parents and went to good schools and who ate well, find it hard to comprehend the young man saying he had no choice. Freedom of Choice in America is a social problem more than it is an individual problem. Why are drugs on our streets? Why is there so much poverty? Why were the institutions, that this child was forced to live in, so ineffective? Why wasn't this child's abuse reported by anyone? Why was the child returned to these parents? Why was he allowed to just drop out of school? Why are there no free treatment programs in his town? It would cost tax payers less to offer that option than the crimes he is doomed to commit will cost, not to mention the cost of caring for him in prison. It would also cost less than the war in Iraq! When tragedy strikes, we as Americans, must insure that Free Will is available for every man, woman and child. There is no Free Will on drugs and none for a child in a house with drugs and none in the court and prison system where he will end up. We, as Americans, do have The Free Will to choose to address these tragedies. Let's use our Free Will and Freedom of Choice to end some of the tragic conditions that lead to other tragic circumstances. Lets make some wiser choices on what we spend billions of dollars on. Lets exercise our choice to get involved!

I'm not saying a thing.  Not a thing.

MyTwoSense, if you are not a woman, you are still a beautiful person, just don't want to date you.  :angel:

Willyboy, I get several things out of what you just said. It is all a matter of perception. I have been robbed, at gun point, by several Black Men, as well. However, I feel no need to cross the street when I see Black Men walking toward me. Why, because I have the advantage of being Black. I mean; I have the advantage of knowing in my heart that it is not the color of a Black Man that  makes them rob people. It is other things. You are right when you say that the perception of Black People is negative because of the amount of Black People who are unfortunate enough to come from bad Social and Economic backgroungs. Let's remember; that is not their fault. They didn't pick their parents nor the neighborhood they were raised in. And for the record, I have seen some of these same unfortunate things happen at the grocery store from White People, families, etc. Think about the people we call Red Necks. They are white, but they are ignorant. Why? Not because of the color of their skin, but their Social and Economic background and environment. If Black People had better neighborhoods, schools and if older Black Adults would lend themselves as role models, then after a generation or two, you would see a change. That is up to all of us to vote, participate and make sure that we address the issues that cause certain ethnic and racial groups to have to grow up and live in Social and Economic environments that breed ignorance.

Oh I totally agree, Im just not sure anymore what the answer is and what we should be voting for... 

I think many of the past social programs that were supposed to help have actually done the opposite.

I realize it is about breaking the cycle, but things seem to be going the opposite way for the time being.

However, I feel no need to cross the street when I see Black Men walking toward me. Why, because I have the advantage of being Black. I mean; I have the advantage of knowing in my heart that it is not the color of a Black Man that makes them rob people. It is other things. You are right when you say that the perception of Black People is negative because of the amount of Black People who are unfortunate enough to come from bad Social and Economic backgroungs. Let's remember; that is not their fault. They didn't pick their parents nor the neighborhood they were raised in. And for the record, I have seen some of these same unfortunate things happen at the grocery store from White People, families, etc. Think about the people we call Red Necks. They are white, but they are ignorant.

I think there is an interesting point in here.  You were immediately able to make a distinction about white people of a certain economic status, upbringing, outlook, and behavior with "rednecks".  I for one knew who you meant immediately(1).  Neither you nor Willyboy was able to make that quick linguistic distinction regarding black people, and I doubt one would be able to within the bounds of socially acceptable discourse.  Instead you had to pull out these other factors and list them.  I would guess Willyboy also noticed and was implying these factors when he discussed the "sidewalk crossing dilemna", though I can't speak for him in this regard. Certainly most white folks that I know are capable of making that distinction in their minds, even without the advantage of being black.  It's almost a truism that "white people see black people as a monolithic group".  I don't think that is actually true of most white people these days. I do think that our language as it currently stands doesn't allow for easy distinctions of different classes of black folk.(2)  Anyway, that's my input on this. (3)

(1)  I would note that having a term for a group of people doesn't mean everyone uses it the same, though.  I always understood "redneck" to mean a rural person, probably a farmer.  They may or may not be ignorant, poorly educated, lazy, whatever.  I would have used the term "white trash" for the type of people you meant.  Regardless, I did know who you meant immediately.

(2)  Whether or not it is really desirable to do so would be controversial in its own right, and probably so should the use of terms such as "white trash" or "redneck".

(3)  I also want credit for being the first poster to use footnotes on this forum.  X=Innovation

Does anyone fear for Obama's life? And does anyone feel the Presidential campaign in getting somewhat racial?

No, I think he has excellent protection.  Any racial comments are being brought up by Obama, his aides, and the Democrats.  Harry Reid suggested that today when they talked about his relationship with Fannie Mae.

^Does he have some invisible forcefield we don't know about? lol

I think it's harder for my generation to picture a racially motivated assasination. I've never had to witness anything like that or see it on tv (the assasination of a great minority leader). I'm confident something like that wouldn't happen, I mean I wasn't there in the 60s but I can't imagine there being rallys in that time period where people would hold up signs saying "REDNECKS IN SUPPORT OF MLK" or "REDNECKS FOR EQUAL RIGHTS" the way they have made signs for Obama. I think signs like that are a strong visual statement about how society has changed.

Presidents have much better protection than in the '80s when Regan was shot. I mean really, somebody would have killed Bush by now if they could.

How does that work? Secret service keeps an eye out for snipers? I'm curious what precautionary measures they take. I wonder if their sunglasses have zoom and xray or some other crazy features.

Secret service usually has snipers of their own in high places.  I saw Clinton speak at OSU years ago.  He was at the High St end of the oval and they had guys perched on the library roof.  Those were just the ones I saw.

Presidents have much better protection than in the '80s when Regan was shot. I mean really, somebody would have killed Bush by now if they could.

How does that work? Secret service keeps an eye out for snipers? I'm curious what precautionary measures they take. I wonder if their sunglasses have zoom and xray or some other crazy features.

It's insane. We've had many presidents, heads of state, elected officials, etc. at our buildings and Secret Service and or that individuals security detail is very strict.

Every situation is different, due to location, but in my experience, Security Service (in conjunction with local law officials) usually contacts you a 48 hrs - 72 hrs before hand.  SS usually meets with the security detail at each location the "individual" visits.

There are usually security sweeps and a "check/balance" (I can't remember the term they use) for route planning.  There are agents along the route in buildings, on the street, in cars, roof tops, etc.  It's quite a coordinated dance between multiple agencies.

I once helped manufacture safe-route identification materials for Treasury.  Without going into their appearace, the specs were very exacting. 

Wow. I knew they had security but I didn't know every route was strategically planned like that, especially for ex presidents and first ladies (just looked it up). They must use some sophisticated GIS data. I  guess you can't expect people to end their grudge.

Wow. I knew they had security but I didn't know every route was strategically planned like that, especially for ex presidents and first ladies (just looked it up). They must use some sophisticated GIS data. I  guess you can't expect people to end their grudge.

It's crazy, you can't imagine.  I've been to some high profile buildings in DC for meetings and the pre-security screening and detail is nerveracking.

One of my ex staffers works for an ex president and just getting into the building is a nightmare.

As an ex-Air Force Titan II Launch Crew Member (Ground Hog), I know how tight security can be. This was in the early 80's, so I can imagine the advancements in technology, etc. However, I am a firm believer that if someone smart and rich enough or simply rich enough to hire someone smart, it is extremely difficult to stop them from killing a person, even The President. There are too many ways to anticipate and technology is so advanced. From my understanding, Snipers can hit a target from up to 2 miles away, now. Bombs and chemicals can come in all forms, shapes and sizes. Poisons can be administered through the air, skin, food, drink, etc.

If there was an organized effort by some hate group with undercover members of America's rich and/or well connected, I think a well planned attack wold be difficult to stop.

Oh, and don't forget, my question was more so on the subject of this thread: Has America changed that much from the 60's. In my opinon, it has, but there are still enough organized hate groups out there that could feel threatened enough to make an effort. If they are rich enough and connected enough, they could make a serious effort. Some have already been calling him Obama Benlodin (Excuse me if I mispelled his name, he doesn't deserve it spelled right, anyway).

I also posted this at the presidential election thread......

Any time a minority has broken through a barrier, there's been a backlash like this. Obama is breaking through one of the biggest -- president of the United States -- for the first time in 225 years.

As much as it pains me to see/hear all of this, I'm afraid this ugliness is necessary. We've swept race under the rug for the past 40 years. Now all the stuff that some people don't talk about it in public are starting to talk about it when confronted why they won't vote for Obama. It's ugly to see/hear, but necessary if we are to address the ignorance which is ultimately what racism is all about.

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

This goes back to the comments earlier about the use of the n-word. im a 22 year old white male who takes extreme offense to that word, and if i do hear it being used i will say something to whoever is saying it.

I was on the e line trolley sometime last year standing at the front of the bus, i got on in front of the urban affairs building at csu, and a group of 6 or 7 black high school kids, boys and girls, were in the very back row of seats using the n word and f bomb with every other word that came out of their mouths. As soon as we passed east ninth street the bus driver, a middle aged black male, stopped the bus and started yelling at these kids for a good few minutes to watch their mouths, and if they knew anything about the history and the strength of the n word then they would not be saying it. He said he was not gonna tolerate the ignorance of uneducated people throwing that word out there like it was nothing, and if he heard it again he would call the rta police and have them deal with the kids. Pretty much every other person on the bus was extremely proud of the driver for saying what he did and how he said it 

Whats sad is Pauly Shore is so washed up that the "racial rant" youtube leak didn't even get any attention to where it could adequately fool a large number of people lol.

Can one be "washed up" if one never had it to begin with? 

The only reason Pauly Shore ever had a career in what in his case is charitably called "comedy" is his mother ran one of the more influential comedy clubs in LA.