Dblcut3

Dblcut3's Random Youngstown Photo Tours

This is great stuff.  Loving these Youngstown tours.

• Like 1

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

These are great!  It looks like you took these Thursday, with that fantastic weather we had.

Last year, this neighborhood had a Christmas home tour.  They do one every few years. (too much work to do one every year)  It's semi-private, but if you hear about it, you definitely want to go.  Last year, I was invited to be a greeter by the owner's of the Goldcamp-Ford house. (it's on Fifth, south of Crandall Park)  So, I got to be part of a sort of dress-rehearsal tour held for the participants the night before.  They were all great, in their own way.  But, I was amazed how large some where.  I swear, the entire first floor of my house could fit in the living rooms of some of the largest of these mansions.

This neighborhood is/was the final millionaire's row, in Youngstown.  The first, during the Victorian era, was on Wick Ave.  You can see some evidence of it, (Wick-Pollock house, Arms museum, etc.) but most of it was swallowed up by YSU.  As wealth grew, it migrated through the Wick Park Neighborhood, and then up Fifth Ave.

• Like 1