KJP

Cleveland: Ohio City: Church+State (West 29th & Detroit Ave)

I've been reading UO for nearly 3 years, but will dip a toe in the water and post my first comment. I was in Ohio City today having lunch at Market Garden Brewery with my two sons and the place was packed. Also went to Westside Market and Mitchell's ice cream and the vibrancy and energy was stunning...people everywhere having a great time and enjoying the local hotspots. I am so proud of my adopted hometown and I am very confident that developments such as Church + State will fill quickly once they come online! 

• Like 18
  • Love 1

I tried taking that shot the other day but I almost sideswiped another car and missed the shot.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" -- Lady Liberty

For the record, I was not driving, nor do I ever attempt to take photos while driving - no photo is ever worth the risk.

My thoughts on this were galvanized ten years ago when one of the longtime skyscraperpage.com (SSP - essentially where urbanohio originated) forumers was killed while scouting photo locations. Even worse, the forumer left behind a wife and two young children 😔 

Edited by MayDay
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, KJP said:

I tried taking that shot the other day but I almost sideswiped another car and missed the shot.

Please don't do that, for your sake and the rest of ours' as well.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NorthShore647 said:

The Church+State crane and Ohio City skyline from the Jake. 

cas_7.jpg

cas_8.jpg

Love the pic but best thing about your post is that you said you took it from "The Jake"

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, MayDay said:

From today, starting to rise.

D1AE4AD1-B2C2-4B51-8499-F3A9007C1634.jpeg

That part of Detroit really needs to be narrowed. A landscaped pedestrian Island in between the parking across the street and Detroit would go a long way. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, marty15 said:

That part of Detroit really needs to be narrowed. A landscaped pedestrian Island in between the parking across the street and Detroit would go a long way. 

Yeah, the crosswalk there is pretty dangerous. I’ve witnessed a lot of close calls.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:28 PM, G00pie said:

this project is really moving..  from earlier today.

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

I honestly love the arched windows of those older buildings. Let's see more of them in new builds!