KJP

Cleveland: Ohio City: Church+State (West 29th & Detroit Ave)

7 hours ago, w28th said:

What’s the tower crane schedule?

I don’t have any ACTUAL insight but I don’t think it will be needed until August 

Thinking back to all of the times I've been there and looking back in pictures here, It seems like there are never any workers at this site - yet progress is obviously being made. I wonder how they are with their original schedule. Perhaps the labor shortage in the construction trades is at play here?

7 minutes ago, PoshSteve said:

Thinking back to all of the times I've been there and looking back in pictures here, It seems like there are never any workers at this site - yet progress is obviously being made. I wonder how they are with their original schedule. Perhaps the labor shortage in the construction trades is at play here?

We are still on schedule. There were some weather days early on, but it’s in good shape. The concrete podium is “slow” work, but once the crane gets on site and the structure starts being erected, it’ll go much quicker. 

• Like 9

On 12/5/2018 at 8:30 AM, KJP said:

Here's the link to the developer's page:

http://www.hwrep.com/project/church-state/

And with that, we're off....

Church-State-850x500-1.jpg

With everything else going on, I forgot how huge this project will be. Forgive me for bringing a post forward a few pages, but wow, for some reason I thought this was going to be much less substantial and more in line with smaller builds in the area. This is going to be awesome! (Sorry for stating the obvious haha)

• Like 10

2 hours ago, GISguy said:

With everything else going on, I forgot how huge this project will be. Forgive me for bringing a post forward a few pages, but wow, for some reason I thought this was going to be much less substantial and more in line with smaller builds in the area. This is going to be awesome! (Sorry for stating the obvious haha)

Don’t apologize for bringing it forward - I’ve seen this illustration many times, but this is the first I noticed the long balcony on top of the garage (the first level of apartments) along Detroit. That’s a nice feature!

• Like 2

Ohio City is going to look/feel like a completely different neighborhood once Church + State, Snavely III, Franklin Circle and Market Sq are all wrapped up in the next years. That's not even counting what Kertesz, Weston, Hemmingway and others have planned. Plus countless other townhome/condo projects.

Edited by Clefan98
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 7/2/2019 at 7:28 AM, YABO713 said:

I don’t have any ACTUAL insight but I don’t think it will be needed until August 

Gonna give myself an "atta boy" for this one, so what? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I hope this project comes out looking better in real life than it does in pictures.

It is ugly. This and the ORIGINAL (Jenga Tower) nucleus are the ugly ones as far as i

am concerned.

• Dislike 4

27 minutes ago, simplythis said:

I hope this project comes out looking better in real life than it does in pictures.

It is ugly. This and the ORIGINAL (Jenga Tower) nucleus are the ugly ones as far as i

am concerned.

Thank goodness it's not your concern, eh

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I tend to like the design, but can see why people would not.  I think once built people will find angles that are more attractive than others.  

I’m sure we can all agree it certainly is not cookie cutter.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, w28th said:

It is going to be ugly, but I won’t argue with the density.

It's personally not my favorite aesthetically either, at least as shown in renderings. But it's creative and ambitious and will interact with the street very well. 

Not to mention, it stares directly in the face of a 15 story, concrete, brutalist housing project - so it's hard for me to use the word "ugly"

• Like 2

Everyone has their own opinion of beauty. So the only question for me is, does the design add density, mixed use, relate to the street well, etc.? The answer is yes.

• Like 6

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

10 minutes ago, KJP said:

Everyone has their own opinion of beauty. So the only question for me is, does the design add density, mixed use, relate to the street well, etc.? The answer is yes.

I honestly cannot wait for next summer with some of the retail up and running there. Going to be such a cool little enclave. 

• Like 3

Very bad iPhone SE picture quality.

Church+State Tower crane viewed from the 13th floor of the Federal Court House. Gives a good idea of the buildings future Presence 

704A2B7B-C54E-47FD-9FF1-6728160E4AF3.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Will be interesting to see what kind of retail they can land there.  There are signs up for a barbershop and nail salon in the adjacent print shop building, though those spaces have been empty for a little bit.  I know the block club was pushing for a pharmacy and the developers would love to have one, but have not found any interested parties.

• Like 1

Church+State crane, as seen from Detroit Avenue 

FB_IMG_1565225979399.jpg

• Like 14
  • Love 3

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

I noticed the crane yesterday to great surprise. 

Is it possible that Ohio City will have THREE cranes up at the same time with this project, Dexter, and Ohio City Market Plaza?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, musky said:

Is it possible that Ohio City will have THREE cranes up at the same time with this project, Dexter, and Ohio City Market Plaza?

In my humble opinion, I don't think a crane will be necessary at Dexter and - while Market Plaza certainly will need AT LEAST one, I bet we won't be seeing that until late next Spring/early Summer at the earliest. 

Dexter has a short crane on site. Snavely's phase 3 will also likely have a short crane too.

3 hours ago, musky said:

Can someone post the picture, location, developer, & prior name if applicable of the Dexter project.  Thank you

11 minutes ago, simplythis said:

Can someone post the picture, location, developer, & prior name if applicable of the Dexter project.  Thank you

The developer is Casto of Columbus....

https://dextercle.com/

Their CM is Pride One Construction....

https://prideoneconstruction.com/p1_projects/dexter-place-apartments/

EDIT - there are some photos at Pride One's site.

EDIT2 - location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/2818+Franklin+Blvd,+Cleveland,+OH+44113/@41.4873825,-81.7091207,3a,75y,341.5h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbG7Y4vydMNJyRejfzDW74Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x8830f0696b94c5b7:0x5623ff6949ec7d0!8m2!3d41.487633!4d-81.709218

Edited by KJP

Church+State crane, as seen today from the Shoreway bridge 😮

Church-State-crane-Shoreway-080919.jpg

• Like 1