KJP

Cleveland: Downtown: City Club Apartments

1 hour ago, CLE_Millennial said:

No way is it 500 feet dude... The estimations are around 250 feet giving that this building will only be 22 stories.

I’d take it.  Something close to One University Circle in height.  Here’s hoping it has an outdoor pool too.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 4:56 AM, KJP said:

Correct. They are going to have to get conceptual renderings approved by Planning Commission very soon with schematic designs approved in December or in January if they want to get construction underway in Q1 2020.

Any news here?

• Poison 1

From everything I've heard, they're still shooting for a Q1 2020 groundbreaking. If so, they'd better get schematics on the CPC docket soon.

• Like 10

"Your community is your commodity, my commodity & everyone's commodity." -- borrowing on silly slogans in Cleveland's Ohio City

I was wondering about this project...good to hear.  So we have this, Geis tower which is being market tested with the Supior condos, Realife which is a no go (and maybe never was), nuCLEus which is awaiting the State....I hope there is more to come!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 2:32 PM, cfdwarrior said:

I was wondering about this project...good to hear.  So we have this, Geis tower which is being market tested with the Supior condos, Realife which is a no go (and maybe never was), nuCLEus which is awaiting the State....I hope there is more to come!

Whats interesting is that an affiliate of Realife Real Estate Group purchase the Class B asset of a 55,799-square-foot office building in Independence, Ohio for $5.5 million...

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/newmark-knight-frank-arranges-office-building-sale-in-cleveland-suburb/

Edited by Larry1962
Added link to article

On 11/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, KJP said:

From everything I've heard, they're still shooting for a Q1 2020 groundbreaking. If so, they'd better get schematics on the CPC docket soon.

I think we’re probably looking at late summer, unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Htsguy said:

Any idea what's driving the delay?

No, my info is all second hand so I could be wrong, and typically @KJP knows more than I do about this stuff. 

I just know someone who's loosely involved and said they just don't think they can hit date expectations. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

No, my info is all second hand so I could be wrong, and typically @KJP knows more than I do about this stuff. 

I just know someone who's loosely involved and said they just don't think they can hit date expectations. 

My info may be old. I'll check with a couple of people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Your community is your commodity, my commodity & everyone's commodity." -- borrowing on silly slogans in Cleveland's Ohio City

Nope. If there was, I or someone else would have posted it. 😉

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Sorry to say, this report would seem to indicate that Cleveland's suggested site is not on the front burner at City Club.

https://www.rejournals.com/commercial-real-estate-hall-of-fame-city-club-apartments-holtzman-20191210

34 minutes ago, Clefan98 said:

It does? The only cities listed in the article were the ones that are currently under construction. No clues of future plans were mentioned for any city.

28 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Ok, that's a fair reading; I guess I'm being impatient. He DID talk about more growth.

20 minutes ago, Clefan98 said:

"Holtzman’s plan? His goal is to start three new multifamily communities every year".

This is the only phrase where he discusses growth. Could actually be good for Cleveland if they're talking about adding three new communities per year.

A friendly reminder that we have this thread. 🙂

And I heard from a source this morning who says this project is very much alive.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJP said:

And I heard from a source this morning who says this project is very much alive.

I  looked and couldn't find it.  Good news from your source.

9 hours ago, KJP said:

Kenny is THE MAN WITH THE INFO!!

I have some contacts in the business, BUT you always same to have the BEST INSIDE INFO!!

I was concerned after reading the article link that Dougal posted earlier today.

Because it said:

"His company (CITY CLUB APTS)  has new communities under development in Detroit, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Chicago."

And IF the CLEVELAND PROJECT is still alive working behind the scenes then I CONSIDER THAT A PROJECT UNDER DEVELOPMENT...

https://www.rejournals.com/commercial-real-estate-hall-of-fame-city-club-apartments-holtzman-20191210

Edited by Larry1962
Added link to article

This project is not as far along as I'd hoped. They don't even have all of their financing lined up. So don't expect a Q1 2020 groundbreaking. I'd push back that expectation by at least several more quarters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3
  • Dislike 2

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

New construction permits have been filed for a 23 story building!

Don't get too excited. It's still gotta go through the planning commission and a few more steps, but progress is being made and we'll hopefully get some renderings soon enough. Only other notable info mentioned in the permit is that the architect is Vocon.

• Like 27
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tykaps said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Don't get too excited. It's still gotta go through the planning commission and a few more steps, but progress is being made and we'll hopefully get some renderings soon enough. Only other notable info mentioned in the permit is that the architect is Vocon.

Hope this isn’t too excited...

226247D4-332F-410F-BF0F-DD28CBD373CC.gif

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tykaps said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Wow! The information I had just a few weeks ago was that this project was still early on and didn't have its financing lined up.

• Like 1

Awesome... a 23 story building on this site is going to look amazing.  I wonder what height that might be for a residential building?  For comparison, One University Circle is 20 floors and 235 feet tall.  The Ernst and Young Tower (keeping in mind office buildings have different floor heights) is 21 floors and 330 feet tall.  The City Club Building next door is 14 stories, and the 668 Apartments I think are only 8 stories.  So this could really stand out.  Just imagine!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 8.32.48 PM.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mrclifton88 said:

Awesome... a 23 story building on this site is going to look amazing.  I wonder what height that might be for a residential building?  For comparison, One University Circle is 20 floors and 235 feet tall.  The Ernst and Young Tower (keeping in mind office buildings have different floor heights) is 21 floors and 330 feet tall.  The City Club Building next door is 14 stories, and the 668 Apartments I think are only 8 stories.  So this could really stand out.  Just imagine!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 8.32.48 PM.png

At 23 stories and 264 feet, something similar to Skyhouse Raleigh would work just fine by me.

https://www.rent.com/north-carolina/raleigh-apartments/skyhouse-raleigh-4-100047015

038BAD47-E7F2-4104-913D-4995EC67A2E2.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Euclid Avenue is blowing up. More fireworks coming soon. 💣 💣 💣

• Like 19
  • Love 5

19 minutes ago, KJP said:

Euclid Avenue is blowing up. More fireworks coming soon. 💣 💣 💣

Is More Fireworks in reference to City Club Apts Or is there something else

lurking in the beginning stages?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simplythis said:

Is More Fireworks in reference to City Club Apts Or is there something else

lurking in the beginning stages?

Something else in the late stages. And somethings (plural) else in the beginning stages.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KJP said:

Something else in the late stages. And somethings (plural) else in the beginning stages.

Let's See - JHB  - Underway

925  Centennial - Planning Stage ( Needs to get started )

Possible  -   Cowell & Hubbard

- Vacant  lot by the Statler

What Else could it be

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skiwest said:

Maybe the BIG one he's been hinting at for a while.

Nope. Not yet.