KJP

Cleveland: Downtown: City Club Apartments

When I started reading UO I never would have imagined this level of adrenaline pumping suspense, but @KJP really knows how to captivate an audience.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

This is like the last five minutes of Deal or No Deal and @KJP is being Howie Mandel taking us to commercial break while the family is on stage hyperventilating

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

No rendering yet, but there should be one soon based on a timeline I just heard.

• Like 5

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

1 minute ago, KJP said:

No rendering yet, but there should be one soon based on a timeline I just heard.

This project is very close.  I can't say much more about it though. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, KJP said:

21 minutes ago, freefourur said:

This project is very close.  I can't say much more about it though. 

You do know that everybody on this forums definition of "close" is "within the next hour"
"

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, KJP said:

So what is the “yay” for then, if you don’t mind me asking? Is it for the announcement timeline or for the specifics of the project (i.e. height, floors, units, etc.)? Maybe that’s a stupid question...

40 minutes ago, Geowizical said:

So what is the “yay” for then, if you don’t mind me asking? Is it for the announcement timeline or for the specifics of the project (i.e. height, floors, units, etc.)? Maybe that’s a stupid question...

Coming in the blog...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I could write something now, but there's a chance I could get some more information soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJP said:

I could write something now, but there's a chance I could get some more information soon.

Will you have renderings. I realize developers dislike when renderings are leaked out by someone other

than themselves.

No renderings yet. They won't share them publicly until they've shared them with the city first. That should happen very soon, however.

• Like 2

CityClub-promo-graphic.JPG

THURSDAY, AUGUST 8, 2019

City Club tower nearly ready to rise on Euclid Ave.

The Michigan-based chain of City Club Apartments is nearly done amassing its capital stack for a proposed 22-story residential tower at 720 Euclid Avenue. The firm reportedly feels confident enough that it can close the small, remaining gap in financing to target "early 2020" for a possible groundbreaking date, according to two sources.

The new apartment tower, proposed to be located on a surface parking lot where the Hippodrome Building and Theater stood until 1981, will fill the last major "missing tooth" in the Euclid Avenue streetscape. It just so happens that the site chosen by the City Club chain is next to the historic City Club Building, 850 Euclid Ave.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/08/city-club-tower-nearly-ready-to-rise-on.html

• Like 11
  • Love 12
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KJP said:

The firm reportedly feels confident enough that it can close the small, remaining gap in financing to target "early 2020" 

Early 2020!? 😯

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the blog post @KJP

I especially appreciated your breakdown of the massing and square footage of the building.

By my estimates:

12 ft. * 22 floors (it seems likely retail [one floor], parking [four floors], and apartments [17 floors] could all be about 12 ft. per floor on average) = 264 ft.

maybe add in 5-10 feet or so architecturally?

= 270 ft.

Too bad it won't be in the 300+ club like I hoped 😥 . If only they added two-three more floors... but good news is good news nonetheless!

2 minutes ago, Clevecane said:

Early 2020!? 😯

Let's hope City Club development is more trustworthy in their 2020 timeline than other developers around here (ahem... ahem...)

• Like 2

Looks like a great deal to me, the only problems I have with companies saying they want to break ground within a year, is that the CPC wont let them. Even without a financing issue like Lumen, there has never been a time where a project has been fast forwarded. All bets set aside I think they are enough a reputable company, but CPC always wants more than what's been necessarily given. I hope this goes up without a hitch.

BRING ON CRANE #5!!!

• Like 2

The site in question tonight, with my favorite Cleveland building in the background bathed in the evening light. 

8F54B1A0-CC2E-4F28-A8C1-22B6A3E75010.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

13 hours ago, KJP said:

Article

Great piece. It's super early in the process but two things - I wonder if any of these would be condos, and I hope they have balconies as part of the project as shown in the STL proposal- I feel it'd add a selling point as well as some great views! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the blog post @KJP. 

Looking forward to seeing the conceptual renderings (although I would imagine  they will be more than conceptual at this point in time).  I have never been a big fan of parking pedestals but I guess they are inevitable (Chicago seems to grow them like corn).  Fingers crossed for some good architecture.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RE Developer In Training said:

Does Goldberg own the whole parcel from prospect to Euclid?  It sure would be nice to see both sides of that parking deck get development - including a new or renovated parking deck. 

Yes.  Perhaps the Prospect side might make a nice phase 2 some day. BTW, the surface parking lot on the Prospect side is even larger than the lot on the Euclid side. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtnbikefan said:

The name of the company is City Club Apartments.. probably won't be condos.

Nothing stops all or some apartments from being for sale and others being for rent. But I know most people associate the word "apartment" as a for-rent unit as opposed to being a living space within a building. Ultimately though, they'll probably do whatever they've done in their other cities as they seem to have a model that works--and when it doesn't--as in St. Louis--they unload it.

Anyway, though I would hope at least a few floors are for-sale units, even if not, this is great news! Thanks for the scoop @KJP!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, KJP said:

CityClub-promo-graphic.JPG

THURSDAY, AUGUST 8, 2019

City Club tower nearly ready to rise on Euclid Ave.

The Michigan-based chain of City Club Apartments is nearly done amassing its capital stack for a proposed 22-story residential tower at 720 Euclid Avenue. The firm reportedly feels confident enough that it can close the small, remaining gap in financing to target "early 2020" for a possible groundbreaking date, according to two sources.

The new apartment tower, proposed to be located on a surface parking lot where the Hippodrome Building and Theater stood until 1981, will fill the last major "missing tooth" in the Euclid Avenue streetscape. It just so happens that the site chosen by the City Club chain is next to the historic City Club Building, 850 Euclid Ave.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/08/city-club-tower-nearly-ready-to-rise-on.html

Great blog post, but it says last missing tooth. Regarding downtown, isn’t the sunken parking lot next to the Union Club also a missing tooth? Not to go off topic or argue a small point, but that’s always been one of the things I hate most downtown.

I have friends who live in City Club apartments, one in MDA in Chicago, and one in Mill District in Minneapolis. They’re great apartments with nice interiors, and tons of amenities. These new builds with tons of amenities are going to be strong competition to the other apartments in downtown Cleveland that aren’t as amenity rich. 

@Pugu, from my understanding this apartment chain doesn’t do for sale units. I’ve been in some of their other apartment complexes, and they’re all rentals. 

Edited by imjustinjk
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, imjustinjk said:

Great blog post, but it says last missing tooth. Regarding downtown, isn’t the sunken parking lot next to the Union Club also a missing tooth? Not to go off topic or argue a small point, but that’s always been one of the things I hate most downtown.

I have friends who live in City Club apartments, one in MDA in Chicago, and one in Mill District in Minneapolis. They’re great apartments with nice interiors, and tons of amenities. These new builds with tons of amenities are going to be strong competition to the other apartments in downtown Cleveland that aren’t as amenity rich. 

@Pugu, from my understanding this apartment chain doesn’t do for sale units. I’ve been in some of their other apartment complexes, and they’re all rentals. 

The rotting cavities  in the form of rehabs are a bigger priority right now. Give it time and I'm sure the Union club lot will be filled in as well.

• Like 1

Redirected from the Cleveland Athletic Club thread....

1 hour ago, Htsguy said:

Well you know what.  Produce multiple renderings and a ground breaking date.  I mean is that too much to ask?

@Htsguy  While I don't have renderings, I do have a tentative groundbreaking timeframe -- first quarter of 2020. 🙂

Edited by KJP
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Just now, KJP said:

While I don't have renderings, I do have a tentative groundbreaking timeframe -- first quarter of 2020.

That would be Sweet.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KJP said:

@Htsguy  While I don't have renderings, I do have a tentative groundbreaking timeframe -- first quarter of 2020. 🙂

Have you heard any more about the total build height?   Hopefully 500+ ft......

35 minutes ago, NR said:

Have you heard any more about the total build height?   Hopefully 500+ ft......

No way is it 500 feet dude... The estimations are around 250 feet giving that this building will only be 22 stories.

24 minutes ago, CLE_Millennial said:

No way is it 500 feet dude... The estimations are around 250 feet giving that this building will only be 22 stories.

Supertall! 3500ft!

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, CLE_Millennial said:

Correct. They are going to have to get conceptual renderings approved by Planning Commission very soon with schematic designs approved in December or in January if they want to get construction underway in Q1 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1