The_Cincinnati_Kid

Cincinnati: Over-the-Rhine: Development and News (non-3CDC)

It looks like they are done with concrete work outside the new Sugar and Spice location at 12th & Sycamore. They have built a new ramp and it looks like they're building a waiting area where people can sit outside. (It could be an outdoor dining area, but it doesn't look like one to me.)

IMG_1981.jpeg

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1982.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, taestell said:

It looks like they are done with concrete work outside the new Sugar and Spice location at 12th & Sycamore. They have build a new ramp and it looks like they're building a waiting area where people can sit outside. (It could be an outdoor dining area, but it doesn't look like one to me.)

IMG_1981.jpeg

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1982.jpeg

Glad to see things progressing. For awhile there it seemed like there was no work being done.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, taestell said:

It looks like they are done with concrete work outside the new Sugar and Spice location at 12th & Sycamore. They have built a new ramp and it looks like they're building a waiting area where people can sit outside. (It could be an outdoor dining area, but it doesn't look like one to me.)

Is 3CDC involved with the new Sugar n' Spice?

15 minutes ago, jwulsin said:

Is 3CDC involved with the new Sugar n' Spice?

No - I posted in the wrong thread. I have now moved my post & replies to the non-3CDC thread.

New roof going in at 18 E McMicken (former church/theater). Anybody know what the plans are for this site? The owner is "Great Miami Holdings LLC" and they bought the site (including the adjacent surface parking) in 2016.

IMG_0091.jpg

A few developments and a parking lot are going to the Historic Conservation Board next week. The meeting will be held via Zoom. Cincinnati Preservation Association posted the Zoom info on Facebook. Items listed in order of HCB Packets.

Items 1-3 [PDF Link]

1) 327 Perry Street - Downtown renovation.

2) 5901 Hamilton Avenue - College Hill renovation.

3) 2019 Elm Street - Renovation of former Christian Moerlein Office Building into residences with rooftop deck, rear deck, and garage off of the rear. Not a lot of exciting renderings or anything to share.

image.png.7b06a82c81e1be00c6c5b0454575a836.png

Items 4-6 [PDF Link]

4) 1208 Central Parkway - Conversion of existing building into office with rooftop decks. The building is immediately north of Queen City Radio.

Existing Conditions:

image.thumb.png.b5a76577c11e85272c94599c43c5fcd5.png

Proposed:
image.thumb.png.c05f5d0c53e71b3a6b8a206de6af628c.png

5) 1400 Block of Walnut - WDC LLC (Wade family) and Urban Sites. Expanding the existing parking lot along Walnut Street deeper into the lot. The application claims it will be used to further develop other properties owned by WDC LLC.

image.thumb.png.639d383681aecc54ce8fa0b22473a9ac.png

6) 1923 Elm Street - Demolish two historic additions in rear of property (two story additions from 1800's), renovate primary structure into 18-room boutique hotel. Proposed by Kingsley and Co.

Existing:
image.png.797769cf7f0663ae407f85c0bda2b61c.png

image.thumb.png.43145188f9492e8e24c00fabad47ce79.png

37 minutes ago, ryanlammi said:

5) 1400 Block of Walnut - WDC LLC (Wade family) and Urban Sites. Expanding the existing parking lot along Walnut Street deeper into the lot. The application claims it will be used to further develop other properties owned by WDC LLC.

image.thumb.png.639d383681aecc54ce8fa0b22473a9ac.png

a.k.a. the site of the second phase of the proposed "Grammer's Place" development.

I guess 3CDC was not been successful in their attempts to buy that property and assemble a large site where a new mega-development can eventually be built.

Instead almost the entire block will be filled with two giant parking lots for the foreseeable future (red=Wade/UrbanSites, blue=3CDC):

IMG_0051.jpeg

• Sad 1