ColDayMan

Columbus: Downtown: Hilton Columbus Downtown Tower II

Thanks @DTCL11 and @Gnoraa

Slightly off topic, but did you guys happen to notice anything at the Market Tower site? I'm a little more worried about that one actually happening now with how crazy the economy has become. 

1 minute ago, cbussoccer said:

Slightly off topic, but did you guys happen to notice anything at the Market Tower site? I'm a little more worried about that one actually happening now with how crazy the economy has become. 

Nothing. Parking lot operations are still normal as of last weekend when I went by. I can't speak for any day to day details like more core testing or not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cbussoccer said:

Has anyone ventured past the construction site recently? Are they still playing in the dirt, or should we expect to see anything vertical happening soon? I haven't seen an application filed for a crane on the oeaaa website, so I'm assuming that's still a ways off.

I actually grabbed some pictures the other day and totally forgot to post.

20200519_190402.jpg

20200519_190428.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, cbussoccer said:

I didn't take the time to seek out/look, and I should have because I did stop in at North Market to pick up my much missed cheese I used to grab at the end of my work week haha  I've volunteered to be part of phase 1 for my office building to return, so I will be down there much more in a few weeks to watch for activity.

• Like 3

Went on a little construction tour yesterday and grabbed some progress images.

Hilton II Tower. 

IMG_5820.thumb.JPG.26182c181e0d138066419efa4c99abaa.JPG

IMG_5825.thumb.JPG.0b7c296310eb6cbd9366941aa57c1097.JPG

Enjoy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I really hope they put up a construction cam for this project once they actually get some above ground work going. Although, if they do, I will be wasting a lot of time watching that and the Crew Stadium construction cam...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The permits hit the FAA this morning. 

I was slightly off in my scaling, to my surprise and excitement the total hight will clock in at 361' tall!

Additionally, the crane permits were filed! They will be using a 407' tower crane with a permit start of 7/1/2020. Doesn't mean that it will be up 7/1 but that means it should be going up soon. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, DevolsDance said:

The permits hit the FAA this morning. 

I was slightly off in my scaling, to my surprise and excitement the total hight will clock in at 361' tall!

Additionally, the crane permits were filed! They will be using a 407' tower crane with a permit start of 7/1/2020. Doesn't mean that it will be up 7/1 but that means it should be going up soon. 

Good! This will mean that it will be at least 328 feet from ground level and be the 15th building in Columbus over 100 meters tall. We have not had another one in over 25 years I believe.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Toddguy said:

Good! This will mean that it will be at least 328 feet from ground level and be the 15th building in Columbus over 100 meters tall. We have not had another one in over 25 years I believe.

Very exciting! I wish there were 4-5 others being built as well. It would be so cool if the original North Market Tower was being built simultaneously!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zyrokai said:

Very exciting! I wish there were 4-5 others being built as well. It would be so cool if the original North Market Tower was being built simultaneously!

Depending on the timing of things (assuming Market Tower does get built), I think we could see Market Tower getting started while this tower is wrapping up. It would definitely be cool to see. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gnoraa said:

Site vantage point from my office.IMG_1572.thumb.jpg.f6ca791bf738e1b2f4be8346531ef97a.jpgIMG_1573.thumb.jpg.d7e1a0ccb60e3d9b306207b4b00352a4.jpg

If you don't provide weekly progress updates you will be banned!

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, cbussoccer said:

If you don't provide weekly progress updates you will be banned!

I volunteered for wave 1 of returning to the office just for the sake of UO haha

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Gnoraa said:

I volunteered for wave 1 of returning to the office just for the sake of UO haha

You are the real MVP.

9 hours ago, cbussoccer said:

Hopefully this means they will be building the crane soon. Sometimes the bases gets installed but the crane isn't actually built for another month or two. 

Yea, the third tower base for the OSU 15th and High project has been there for months

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TH3BUDDHA said:

Yea, the third tower base for the OSU 15th and High project has been there for months

Arguably, that could have been installed pre-decision about stalling building B and it's just going to wait there until they decide to resume that work.

Just now, jebleprls22 said:

Arguably, that could have been installed pre-decision about stalling building B and it's just going to wait there until they decide to resume that work.

I mean, it will definitely be there unused for longer now because of corona, but it had been installed at the same time as the others and had already sat unused for a while before corona.

• Like 1