nickmgray

Cleveland Relocation: need neighborhood, school recommendations

36 minutes ago, nickmgray said:

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this, but since it's related to our move to the area, I thought I'd throw it in here. 

We did find a great house in Cleveland Heights and will hopefully be closing this week. One of the first things we will need to set up at our new house is a fast internet connection for work. I've done quite a bit of research already on this topic, but I was hoping to get personal insights. I've read that AT&T Fiber is fast and should be available at my address, but I was hoping someone could share any persona experiences they have had with AT&T and their home internet services here in the area. 

If there is an alternative to AT&T's fast fiber speeds, please let me know. I'm looking for a balance between great speeds and a good price. 

Congrats on the house and welcome to the right side, er, Eastside of town!

4 hours ago, nickmgray said:

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this, but since it's related to our move to the area, I thought I'd throw it in here. 

We did find a great house in Cleveland Heights and will hopefully be closing this week. One of the first things we will need to set up at our new house is a fast internet connection for work. I've done quite a bit of research already on this topic, but I was hoping to get personal insights. I've read that AT&T Fiber is fast and should be available at my address, but I was hoping someone could share any persona experiences they have had with AT&T and their home internet services here in the area. 

If there is an alternative to AT&T's fast fiber speeds, please let me know. I'm looking for a balance between great speeds and a good price. 

Congrats on the house. Check and see if Cleveland Broadband is offered in the heights. I’ve had it for about a year now and it works great.

https://www.clevelandbroadband.com/

26 minutes ago, rockandroller said:

I'm not in Cleveland Heights but I work from home and have ATT, just switched over a few months ago and am glad I did. No problems.

Why tier did you sign up for? Do you actually get the speeds that they advertise? I do a lot of video work, so I'm leaning towards the 1Gbps up/down tier for the speed and no data cap. 

I think I'm in the medium tier. I don't do a lot of streaming, but I work online constantly loading webpages and it's been reliable 24/7 so far. I had Spectrum before this and it would randomly disconnect or take 30 seconds to reconnect all day and night and they could never solve the problems so I switched. We just got new fiber optic lines laid behind my apartment a couple years ago so I figured this would be an improvement. My partner has a thing that measures the internet speed and has randomly checked it and it usually exceeds what we were promised, so no complaints.

7 minutes ago, rockandroller said:

I think I'm in the medium tier. I don't do a lot of streaming, but I work online constantly loading webpages and it's been reliable 24/7 so far. I had Spectrum before this and it would randomly disconnect or take 30 seconds to reconnect all day and night and they could never solve the problems so I switched. We just got new fiber optic lines laid behind my apartment a couple years ago so I figured this would be an improvement. My partner has a thing that measures the internet speed and has randomly checked it and it usually exceeds what we were promised, so no complaints.

I am with @rockandroller. We had so many issues with spectrum. My wife switched us over three months ago to ATT and I almost even forgot about the internet because we never have a problem. I have a higher end gaming computer and every once in a while when I have time I do play video games online. I am only on the medium tier and I have zero issues. On top of that we use Youtube tv and other streaming devices simultaneously. ATT has been great.