Toddguy

Columbus: Downtown: North Market Tower

Haha, oops. The render for sure wasn't supposed to be public yet afik. Guess that hats out of the bag, and man it is a beautiful hat.

What do you know that the rest of us don't???

Yes. We need to know the inside info.  Spill the beans!!!!

Haha, oops. The render for sure wasn't supposed to be public yet afik. Guess that hats out of the bag, and man it is a beautiful hat.

Hmm, haha lets just say all of your questions will be answered soon, just in a more... constructed... fashion.

Hmm, haha lets just say all of your questions will be answered soon, just in a more... constructed... fashion.

Can you at least give us a hint?-is this (better looking) rendering a newer one? The website is full of the old one...and then this..??? 

At least we are waiting for something on this....meanwhile Millennial Tower ....Nothing. Probably another Arshot failure ala Cooper Stadium.

I look forward to construction starting soon then!

Hey tlb919, are you mrtuggles on Reddit?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Columbus/comments/9gz6cz/new_site_for_market_tower/

Haha, not me but mrtuggles seems to have an in on the projects happenings.

While it looks like mrtuggles isn't directly connected to the project, I can say the post information isn't too far off base.

Regarding what I can and cannot say, most of it falls into the "cannot" category.

I'm connected to the project (hence my glaring lack of posts in this thread) so even though we're on the interwebs as an "anonymous" users, I don't prefer risking my income too much haha.

Basically at this point I can confirm the rendering was not supposed to be public yet and I can confirm the structure will be taller than the proposed 35 floors. There are goals in place to get things moving before years end but there's basically one last barrier being working through. I think you all will be VERY VERY pleased with the details, makeup, and height once it is all released.

Hopefully that gives you a tiny peek behind the curtain and nobody will report me. If you have any questions, I'll attempt to answer, but again i'm really very limited in what can be said for the moment.

Hey tlb919, are you mrtuggles on Reddit?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Columbus/comments/9gz6cz/new_site_for_market_tower/

Haha, not me but mrtuggles seems to have an in on the projects happenings.

While it looks like mrtuggles isn't directly connected to the project, I can say the post information isn't too far off base.

Regarding what I can and cannot say, most of it falls into the "cannot" category.

I'm connected to the project (hence my glaring lack of posts in this thread) so even though we're on the interwebs as an "anonymous" users, I don't prefer risking my income too much haha.

Basically at this point I can confirm the rendering was not supposed to be public yet and I can confirm the structure will be taller than the proposed 35 floors. There are goals in place to get things moving before years end but there's basically one last barrier being working through. I think you all will be VERY VERY pleased with the details, makeup, and height once it is all released.

Hopefully that gives you a tiny peek behind the curtain and nobody will report me. If you have any questions, I'll attempt to answer, but again i'm really very limited in what can be said for the moment.

Come on, be a pal. Who needs an income. Share the dirty details.

Seriously though, thanks for sharing what you can share. It's much appreciated. It's pretty exciting that it will actually be taller.

About this last barrier....if you can't say anything it's perfectly fine, but is something that could derail the project or simply something that is more or less a delay, such as deciding on which contractor to use for a specific part of the project.

Thank you tlb919 for being cautious in your posts.  We always appreciate "insider information" but we don't want you to risk your job either!

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Thank you tlb919 for being cautious in your posts.  We always appreciate "insider information" but we don't want you to risk your job either!

True here and I agree. I appreciate what he was able to tell us-gives me enough info about what I asked. 

There is a downtown commission meeting tomorrow morning. Unfortunately the agenda has not yet been posted, but I wonder if the new version might be going in front of the commission and we might get some solid info on the start date.

There is a downtown commission meeting tomorrow morning. Unfortunately the agenda has not yet been posted, but I wonder if the new version might be going in front of the commission and we might get some solid info on the start date.

It's not on the agenda.

It's not on the agenda.

Where are you seeing the agenda? I don't see it up on the website.

^I saw the printed agenda. You could probably email the commission's urban design manager.

Ah gotcha. Anything noteworthy on the agenda for tomorrow?

Nothing earth shattering. A couple of parking garages.

Walker Evans, the czar of all Columbus Underground comment sections, is claiming that tlb919 is wrong about Market Tower in the comment section of this article: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-plan-calls-for-demolition-of-four-story-building-bw1#disqus_thread

Hm, interesting.

Wether he is referring to my statements or not, it's not a hill I am willing to die on.

I know what I am involved with and he is free to claim otherwise if he would like.

Kind of just is what it is. 

Walker Evans, the czar of all Columbus Underground comment sections, is claiming that tlb919 is wrong about Market Tower in the comment section of this article: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-plan-calls-for-demolition-of-four-story-building-bw1#disqus_thread

Hm, interesting. Eh, not my debate to fight.

Wasn't trying to rope you into any debates, I just stumbled across it and thought it was kind of funny. I think agree with the Bob guy who Walker is debating with when he says that you and Walker can both be correct at the same time.

Walker has such an attitude with anyone who dares to comment at CU anymore it's unbelievable. No wonder practically all discussion over there has totally died...

Walker has such an attitude with anyone who dares to comment at CU anymore it's unbelievable. No wonder practically all discussion over there has totally died...

This is so true. He comes across as so arrogant and defensive.

Also, I can’t believe he did away with the message boards a few years back. I understand it was costly but he’s wasting money paying people to write articles that nobody cares about reading. He should have just focused on urban development.

This is so true. He comes across as so arrogant and defensive.

Also, I can’t believe he did away with the message boards a few years back. I understand it was costly but he’s wasting money paying people to write articles that nobody cares about reading. He should have just focused on urban development.

Agreed.  Columbus Underground used to be interesting but now it's full of badly written articles and attitude from Walker on what exists of the comment boards.

I will hope for 40 floors for NMT.

I noticed they pulled the new renderings from the site here - https://www.schooleycaldwell.com/market-tower-columbus/

So either the rendering was mistake, or they pulled the trigger too early. Seem likely it's the latter - crossing fingers!

I think the latter is the only possibility that makes sense. The most likely scenario is they refined their plan (which they said they were doing way back in January I think), and then someone got their wires crossed and accidentally dropped it into the webpage too soon.

Also, I cant believe he did away with the message boards a few years back. I understand it was costly but hes wasting money paying people to write articles that nobody cares about reading. He should have just focused on urban development.

I didn't think it was that costly?

I joined UO precisely because they killed the forums over there.  Should have done it sooner.

Very Stable Genius

I joined UO precisely because they killed the forums over there.  Should have done it sooner.

Cost was the reason he gave for shutting it down.

The reasoning given in the announcement didn't seem convincing.  If it truly was slowing down the performance of the rest of their server or costing them more than 10-20$ a month to hold on to archives then they were doing it wrong.  There are so many options to deal with a situation like that.  Maybe they don't know their options as far as services they can utilize or maybe there are other motivations, but taking away the mainstay of interaction on that site seems shortsighted.

Very Stable Genius

I posted there and at city-data.  I still do on both but much, much less.  Too much boring “lifestyles” stuff now on CU and too much trolling on the Ohio C-D forum.  Oh, and the politics forum there is like Stormfront or something. 

Also, I cant believe he did away with the message boards a few years back. I understand it was costly but hes wasting money paying people to write articles that nobody cares about reading. He should have just focused on urban development.

That's when I joined UO.

How dare you question the authority of the almighty Walker!

While I appreciate the UO love, I also love CU as well.  Soooooo...let's get back on topic.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Figured I'd make an account and chime in since my username was brought up and this seems like a neat place.  Not sure who this Walker dude on CU is, but I don't know how he "fact-checked this information and confirmed that it's false".  Who did he fact check with? Clearly not folks bidding on this project.  Attached the screenshot I received from someone bidding on this work before commenting on my reddit thread.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-04_at_11_02.54_AM.thumb.png.e07fc42485da247eb79bac940372b766.png

Figured I'd make an account and chime in since my username was brought up and this seems like a neat place.  Not sure who this Walker dude on CU is, but I don't know how he "fact-checked this information and confirmed that it's false".  Who did he fact check with? Clearly not folks bidding on this project.  Attached the screenshot I received from someone bidding on this work before commenting on my reddit thread.

Interesting...thanks for posting!

This is obviously completely different than the rendering that was recently uncovered on the project's website and subsequently removed. I wish we could just figure out exactly what's happening and then get this project underway.

Welcome!  So now I'm confused...is THAT the newest rendering or the other one posted earlier?

^It looks way different than the original rendering, and very different from the "updated" or "leaked" rendering from a few weeks ago that appeared to have added height.  That one appears to be no more than 25 stories.

Very Stable Genius

Yeah I really hope that’s not the latest.  It’s the worst of them all so far.

Agreed. It also looks to be only about 25-stories. This rendering actually looks like one of the proposals that was not chosen.