Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KJP

Anti-Semitism

Recommended Posts

DZYz6zSW4AADaCg.jpg

 

In some countries in Central and Eastern Europe, roughly one-in-five adults or more say they would not accept Jews as fellow citizens https://pewrsr.ch/2GcOEXk


"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Judah

 

@b_judah

Mar 27

More

This is Mireille Knoll, z"l

 

She was 85 years old, a Grandmother and a Holocaust survivor.

 

On Friday she was stabbed 11 times and burnt to death in her flat in Paris.

 

For being a Jew.

 

DZTeh1CXUAAPiNF.jpg


"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this nation of all nations.....

 

Germany, 2018: The President of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, Josef Schuster, has warned Jews not to wear kippot (Jewish skullcaps) in major German cities due to the threat of antisemitic attacks. (Die Zeit) https://t.co/WVyiGDtBkn


"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this nation of all nations.....

 

Germany, 2018: The President of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, Josef Schuster, has warned Jews not to wear kippot (Jewish skullcaps) in major German cities due to the threat of antisemitic attacks. (Die Zeit) https://t.co/WVyiGDtBkn

 

Merkel: Refugees bring a new type of antisemitism to Germany

 

http://www.jpost.com/International/Merkel-Refugees-bring-a-new-type-of-antisemitism-to-Germany-551398

 

“I am embarrassed due to the fact that Jewish institutions require security details in 2018,” Merkel said. She connected this with the arrival of refugees and “people of Arab heritage” who, Merkel said, “bring with them a new form of antisemitism into Germany.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anti-Semetic crimes continue to spread in the New York metro area. NYPD's Anti-terrorism task force is responding....

 

 

 


"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aderwent said:

Black Hebrew Israelites are emboldened by Trump?

 

De-range-ment.

 

the perpetrator accused in this attack appears to be African-American, which goes to show that anti-Semitism is not limited to people of one particular race. I doubt that he is a Trump supporter (although we'll learn more of his ideology in the days to come). But obviously the person who penned this tweet has his own agenda that has nothing do with genuine concern for the victims of this attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

 

the perpetrator accused in this attack appears to be African-American, which goes to show that anti-Semitism is not limited to people of one particular race. I doubt that he is a Trump supporter (although we'll learn more of his ideology in the days to come). But obviously the person who penned this tweet has his own agenda that has nothing do with genuine concern for the victims of this attack. 

 

You can find exceptions to anything.  The commonality here with these types of attacks is a Right-wing belief system.  You guys love to talk about the Left, but the vast, vast majority of political violence comes from the Right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

 

You can find exceptions to anything.  The commonality here with these types of attacks is a Right-wing belief system.  You guys love to talk about the Left, but the vast, vast majority of political violence comes from the Right.

Could not agree more with this. God forbid the Right is ever questioned or held accountable for violence, continuous lies, etc. in this country. They have allowed part of the party to operate with hate for anything defined as "other".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ytown2ctown said:

Could not agree more with this. God forbid the Right is ever questioned or held accountable for violence, continuous lies, etc. in this country. They have allowed part of the party to operate with hate for anything defined as "other".

 

Not just tolerated or allowed, but they've embraced it.  Trump is the inevitable conclusion of that path, the embodiment of the rotten core that is at the heart of modern conservatism.  Not fiscal or personal responsibility, not small government, but rather a common distrust in the very idea of something or someone being different than what they consider the norm.  Whether that distrust manifests against immigrants, racial minorities, religious minorities, LGBT, scientific theory or any media not towing their line, it is all based in the fear and ignorance that controls everything they see and do.  Jews have just been a more consistent target.

There is undoubtedly some anti-semitism on the Left, just as there is some bias against all the aforementioned demographics.  But the Left hasn't embraced that bias, and it hasn't made it a movement within itself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Black Hebrew Israelites are a bunch of aggresive c-unts, and cities have given them far, far, FAR too much carte blanche to menace and scream at passersby's.

 

Jersey City was two weeks ago, now this mass attack. Nothing like a pogrom to finish up a terrible year. 

Edited by TBideon
Forgot to add a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

 

You can find exceptions to anything.  The commonality here with these types of attacks is a Right-wing belief system.  You guys love to talk about the Left, but the vast, vast majority of political violence comes from the Right.

what about Antifa? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

 

You can find exceptions to anything.  The commonality here with these types of attacks is a Right-wing belief system.  You guys love to talk about the Left, but the vast, vast majority of political violence comes from the Right.

What universe do you live in?

 

Do you get your ass beat walking the street in an I'm With Her t-shirt or a red ball cap?

 

Wasn't it a Bernie supporter who tried to assassinate Steve Scalise and other senators?

 

What senator was beaten to a pulp and into a hospital by his neighbor?

 

What types kidnapped and Facebook Live tortured an autistic kid in Chicago purely because he is white?

 

Who got their head bashed in by a bike lock by a Marxist professor?

 

Who held a picture of their political opponent's severed head in a political statement?

 

Is Antifa left wing or right? How many instances of their violence is on record? Hundreds?

 

What side continually fakes "hate crimes" because they can't find actual instances of it to exploit politically?

 

What types of people continually advocate violence against police?

 

Who must fear for their safety when simply going to support their political candidates?

 

Who must fear for their property (car, house, etc) if there's any sign of your political affiliation?

 

Who gets their simple speeches cancelled under threat of violence?

 

Who said, “fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box.”?

 

Who made a music video pretending to assassinate their political enemy dressed like a clown?

 

A few lone wolf mass killers have been "politically" "right wing" motivated since Trump. They're mentally ill racists and/or nationalists. These people are not exclusively right wing or even political.

 

Meanwhile, every day people have to deal with every day violence by leftists in groups. And people like you won't even acknowledge it. When clear evidence of left wing Black Nationalists killing Jews is presented to you, it's just, "Oh well that's just right wing violence culture. Sure you can pick out exceptions, but right wing violence is the rule."

 

Dishonest, and dangerous. I'm not quite sure what you expect to gain from treating tens of millions the way you do, but I expect you won't like what you reap with your sown hatred. It will be interesting to see what you all look past when Trump wins again. Years of excused, ignored, tolerated, and even encouraged violence against every day, normal people will boil over at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shack said:

what about Antifa? 

 

What about them?  There have been relatively few violent incidents related to them (and zero mass murders/attacks), and even including them, the overwhelming majority of politically-motivated attacks in recent years have been from Right-wing groups. Furthermore, no one is condoning any violence perpetrated by Antifa and they are not representative of any greater movement within the Left.  Right-wing hate is at the very heart of Trumpism, which has basically become the GOP platform.  The comparison is just not there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

 

What about them?  There have been relatively few violent incidents related to them (and zero mass murders/attacks), and even including them, the overwhelming majority of politically-motivated attacks in recent years have been from Right-wing groups. Furthermore, no one is condoning any violence perpetrated by Antifa and they are not representative of any greater movement within the Left.  Right-wing hate is at the very heart of Trumpism, which has basically become the GOP platform.  The comparison is just not there.

From the top of my head there was that Steve Scalise shooting during the baseball game in DC a couple years ago that came from the left. I think there can be violent extremists on both sides, although perhaps not proportionally to your point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aderwent said:

What universe do you live in?

 

Do you get your ass beat walking the street in an I'm With Her t-shirt or a red ball cap?

 

Wasn't it a Bernie supporter who tried to assassinate Steve Scalise and other senators?

 

What senator was beaten to a pulp and into a hospital by his neighbor?

 

What types kidnapped and Facebook Live tortured an autistic kid in Chicago purely because he is white?

 

Who got their head bashed in by a bike lock by a Marxist professor?

 

Who held a picture of their political opponent's severed head in a political statement?

 

Is Antifa left wing or right? How many instances of their violence is on record? Hundreds?

 

What side continually fakes "hate crimes" because they can't find actual instances of it to exploit politically?

 

What types of people continually advocate violence against police?

 

Who must fear for their safety when simply going to support their political candidates?

 

Who must fear for their property (car, house, etc) if there's any sign of your political affiliation?

 

Who gets their simple speeches cancelled under threat of violence?

 

Who said, “fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box.”?

 

Who made a music video pretending to assassinate their political enemy dressed like a clown?

 

A few lone wolf mass killers have been "politically" "right wing" motivated since Trump. They're mentally ill racists and/or nationalists. These people are not exclusively right wing or even political.

 

Meanwhile, every day people have to deal with every day violence by leftists in groups. And people like you won't even acknowledge it. When clear evidence of left wing Black Nationalists killing Jews is presented to you, it's just, "Oh well that's just right wing violence culture. Sure you can pick out exceptions, but right wing violence is the rule."

 

Dishonest, and dangerous. I'm not quite sure what you expect to gain from treating tens of millions the way you do, but I expect you won't like what you reap with your sown hatred. It will be interesting to see what you all look past when Trump wins again. Years of excused, ignored, tolerated, and even encouraged violence against every day, normal people will boil over at some point.

 

Sorry, but studies on this just don't support any of your assertions.  MAGA hat wearers/Trump supporters are not the ones under threat, despite isolated incidents.  The Right is by far the most common perpetrator of political violence, as well as violence against minorities.  Some of your examples have nothing to do with someone being Left, some aren't even acts of violence, and some are pretty clear talking points from the Right that aren't relevant to what's really happening out there.  No violence is acceptable, but it's very obvious and proven to be a tactic employed with much more frequency by one side.   You can't whatabout your way out of this.

As for what I expect to gain- nothing.  I am simply stating basic facts.  It's not my concern if someone's feelings are hurt when they freely choose to associate with those like Trump.  I didn't make that choice for them, and I have no responsibility to legitimize it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, shack said:

From the top of my head there was that Steve Scalise shooting during the baseball game in DC a couple years ago that came from the left. I think there can be violent extremists on both sides, although perhaps not proportionally to your point. 

 

Sure, there absolutely can be extremists on both sides.  But again, that's really unrelated to what I'm saying.  The Left, for the most part, neither condones nor embraces violent extremism, and I would argue that their beliefs have nothing to do with promoting it.  I don't think we can honestly say the same for the Right.  Trump is a ringleader in promoting ideas and beliefs that are active contributors in  the rise in violence we've seen in recent years.  The GOP has fully embraced him and those ideals, even if they don't want to admit as much.

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

 

Sure, there absolutely can be extremists on both sides.  But again, that's really unrelated to what I'm saying.  The Left, for the most part, neither condones nor embraces violent extremism, and I would argue that their beliefs have nothing to do with promoting it.  I don't think we can honestly say the same for the Right.  Trump is a ringleader in promoting ideas and beliefs that are active contributors in  the rise in violence we've seen in recent years.  The GOP has fully embraced him and those ideals, even if they don't want to admit as much.

 

13 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

 

Sorry, but studies on this just don't support any of your assertions.  MAGA hat wearers/Trump supporters are not the ones under threat, despite isolated incidents.  The Right is by far the most common perpetrator of political violence, as well as violence against minorities.  Some of your examples have nothing to do with someone being Left, some aren't even acts of violence, and some are pretty clear talking points from the Right that aren't relevant to what's really happening out there.  No violence is acceptable, but it's very obvious and proven to be a tactic employed with much more frequency by one side.   You can't whatabout your way out of this.

As for what I expect to gain- nothing.  I am simply stating basic facts.  It's not my concern if someone's feelings are hurt when they freely choose to associate with those like Trump.  I didn't make that choice for them, and I have no responsibility to legitimize it.

 

what are you talking about? this happens over and over and over again. You just make stuff up and in fact don't provide any "facts" that you claim back up your views. these are not anecdotal incidents. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YABO713 said:

So Dylan Roof, Cesar Sayoc, James Alex Fields, Christopher Cantwell are being equated to hippy egg throwers. Pretty much the same thing. 

 

I never said they were the same thing. Those you mentioned are obviously evil, twisted people and you're going to find them in all political groups, but their numbers are very few (although I don't understand the connection between Dylann Roof and Trump. Obama was still in office). But at least I don't think there have been incidents of any Congress members suggesting such violence against Trump opponents. This cannot be of Democrats. Maxine Waters, a leading voice in the House, has said it was perfectly fine to go after, to harrass, Trump administration officials. The public takes irresponsible statements like this as tacit approval to use violence. Egg throwing is just one example. People have been brutally beaten for merely wearing MAGA hats. It just goes on and on. (anyway this thread is about anti-Semitism, so I'll just leave it at this)

 

Edited by eastvillagedon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

 

 

what are you talking about? this happens over and over and over again. You just make stuff up and in fact don't provide any "facts" that you claim back up your views. these are not anecdotal incidents. 

 

 

 

Where is Antifa in this video?  

There are 2 winners purposely trying to create conflict on the street and being confronted by some random people, but where is Antifa?  I didn't see anyone who claimed to be part of that group.  Furthermore, your whataboutism is lame AF.  The worst you could find is an example of egg throwing by a few individuals you can't even prove are associated with any Left-wing group.  

If you're forming your beliefs off dumb, heavily edited videos like this, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eastvillagedon said:

 

I never said they were the same thing. Those you mentioned are obviously evil, twisted people and you're going to find them in all political groups, but their numbers are very few (although I don't understand the connection between Dylann Roof and Trump. Obama was still in office). But at least I don't think there have been incidents of any Congress members suggesting such violence against Trump opponents. This cannot be of Democrats. Maxine Waters, a leading voice in the House, has said it was perfectly fine to go after, to harrass, Trump administration officials. The public takes irresponsible statements like this as tacit approval to use violence. Egg throwing is just one example. People have been brutally beaten for merely wearing MAGA hats. It just goes on and on. (anyway this thread is about anti-Semitism, so I'll just leave it at this)

 

 

We're not just talking about what's happened since Trump became president.  Right-wing violence has always been more common.  Trump's rhetoric has just encouraged more of it.  No number of YouTube videos or 4Chan posts will change the reality that people on the Right are many times more likely to commit politically or racially-motivated violence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...