Sign in to follow this  
KJP

The Republican Party

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

Why is the Tea Party not loudly protesting all of this government spending?

They are saving it for the White House briefing when Trump darkens the spray tanner to black-face and wears a tan suit...

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

Why is the Tea Party not loudly protesting all of this government spending?

They dont like it, but probably realize it is for the best at this point. Live to fight that fight another day.

3 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

They dont like it, but probably realize it is for the best at this point. Live to fight that fight another day.

Lol. Sure

46 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

No, that doesn't sound right at all. Try again.

And when they try to sound conservative they only end up sounding inhumane...

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

5 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Very Stable Genius

5 hours ago, Clefan98 said:

No, that doesn't sound right at all. Try again.

You also have to look at it from the POV that this was a recession caused by government intervention into commerce so from that perspective, many Tea party types can get on board because in one sense, it is making them whole for hte damage they suffered by the government. 

23 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

You also have to look at it from the POV that this was a recession caused by government intervention into commerce so from that perspective, many Tea party types can get on board because in one sense, it is making them whole for hte damage they suffered by the government. 

Oh c'mon man. The Tea Party got completely silent about all spending once the colored fella wasn't president anymore.

10 hours ago, GCrites80s said:

The last recession was caused by a lack of intervention into commerce -- or more precisely a removal of it.

Actually, that is not quite accurate. The last recession was caused by the housing bubble, that is correct, and the fact that loan requirements had been loosened to allow for credit when credit was not worthy, however, that was caused by the government in the late 90s under the Clinton WH and then further exacerbated by the Bush WH in an effort to drive home ownership to artificial levels. It started when the government pushed the loan servicers through incentives as well as punishment to relax underwriting standards in certain neighborhoods in order to spur homeownership in lower income areas. This occurred in the 90s under Clinton. In the early 2000's under Bush, to get out of the post 9/11 recession, they doubled down on this and expanded upon the policies. This caused loan servicers like Fannie and Freddie to look anywhere and everywhere to get home owners and encouraged the subprime crisis. The market of course filled with brokers who were more than happy to meet the demand since the government was essentially encouraging it. Wall Street, commoditized these products essentially under the guidance of the government to fulfill the government macro goals and policy. 

So while you may see this as the private sector running amok. It was based on the queues they received from the government sector and the poor government policies which essentially forced many of the providers of credit to comply. So in reality, the 08 recession was caused by the government.

7 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

So in reality, the 08 recession was caused by the government.

2020 Tea Party: The government is causing this recession, therefore we are OK with the government compensating people for the loss of their income.

2008 Tea Party (upon revision, perhaps): The government is causing this recession, all of this stimulus spending is out of control!

Can't qwhite tell the difference.

Very Stable Genius

3 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

2020 Tea Party: The government is causing this recession, therefore we are OK with the government compensating people for the loss of their income.

2008 Tea Party (upon revision, perhaps): The government is causing this recession, all of this stimulus spending is out of control!

Can't qwhite tell the difference.

But to your theory, we need the government to help solve the problems, if you haven't seen, they have caused a lot of the problems to begin with. 

6 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

But to your theory, we need the government to help solve the problems, if you haven't seen, they have caused a lot of the problems to begin with. 

This is a nice distraction attempt to move away from the fact that you are finding any way possible to defend the racist Tea Party.

Very Stable Genius

43 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

This is a nice distraction attempt to move away from the fact that you are finding any way possible to defend the racist Tea Party.

1) I was not defending the Tea Party, only rationalizing them.

2) I would say they are not racist, they only care about tax and fiscal issues. That is a big difference between white nationalist racist or democrat racists ( or racist democrats if you prefer)

Edited by Brutus_buckeye

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

18 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

I would say they are not racist, they only care about tax and fiscal issues. 

This puts to bed any notion that you're here for a good faith, honest discussion.  Glad to have cleared that up.

Very Stable Genius

13 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

This puts to bed any notion that you're here for a good faith, honest discussion.  Glad to have cleared that up.

I'd say vice versa, because he is precisely correct.  We've been through this.

As far as I know, there's one person active on these boards who was at all involved in the early days of the original Tea Party, and that's me.

The original groups specifically rejected taking sides on any social or cultural issues.  The point was that government was too big, too expensive, and too intrusive.   Period.

The success of this message led to copycat groups that could call themselves "Tea Party" because the name could not be copyrighted.

These ranged from thinly disguised leftists to dominionists.

6 minutes ago, E Rocc said:

As far as I know, there's one person active on these boards who was at all involved in the early days of the original Tea Party, and that's me.

The original groups specifically rejected taking sides on any social or cultural issues.  The point was that government was too big, too expensive, and too intrusive.   Period.

The success of this message led to copycat groups that could call themselves "Tea Party" because the name could not be copyrighted.

Oh please the origin of the Tea Party was simple, there was a black guy in the White House.  I know they tried to dress it up as Taxed Enough Already but most of us know better.

4 minutes ago, Clefan98 said:

Oh please the origin of the Tea Party was simple, there was a black guy in the White House.  I know they tried to dress it up as Taxed Enough Already but most of us know better.

Exactly

1 hour ago, E Rocc said:

Wow, I must be missing all these similar protests over the recent $6 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill.

Very Stable Genius

2 hours ago, E Rocc said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

5 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

Wow, I must be missing all these similar protests over the recent $6 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill.

Republicans are suddenly very unconcerned about private email server usage by government officials as well. I wonder what changed...?

9 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

No, just trying to point out the absurdity in your bias. that is all. 

8 hours ago, E Rocc said:

@DarkandStormy seems to feel that if you put the "racist" adjective in front of every group or policy he diagrees with, it makes it true. So by his logic, we are now going to insert the "racist" label in front of Democrats. 

49 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

@DarkandStormy seems to feel that if you put the "racist" adjective in front of every group or policy he diagrees with, it makes it true. So by his logic, we are now going to insert the "racist" label in front of Democrats. 

In the case of the Tea Party it's actually true. They were just a group of loser racists. They began when Obama announced a 75 billion home owner plan and are laughably silent during Trump's ballooning deficits. You sound naive thinking it was ever about fiscal restraint.  

2 hours ago, freefourur said:

In the case of the Tea Party it's actually true. They were just a group of loser racists. They began when Obama announced a 75 billion home owner plan and are laughably silent during Trump's ballooning deficits. You sound naive thinking it was ever about fiscal restraint.  

again, exactly

14 hours ago, freefourur said:

This is basically as blatant as it can get.  But now we can at least clear up who's here for an honest discussion and who isn't.

I thought it became clear after, say, 2012. But 2017-2020, and especially March 2020, are showing us the Tea Party had no principles in smaller government and eliminating the national debt at all.

Very Stable Genius

On 3/27/2020 at 9:39 AM, Clefan98 said:

Some of you "know" what you want to "know".  It started with TARP and that was a Bush thing.

15 minutes ago, E Rocc said:

Some of you "know" what you want to "know".  It started with TARP and that was a Bush thing.

Nope. It started with Rick Santelli on air at CNBC when he called for a Tea Party on Feb 19, 2009 in response Homeowners Affordability and Stability Plan. 

52 minutes ago, E Rocc said:

Accuses people of revisionist history.

Revises history.

3 hours ago, E Rocc said:

So where are the cowards hiding now?

Edited by Clefan98

5 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

This is basically as blatant as it can get.  But now we can at least clear up who's here for an honest discussion and who isn't.

I thought it became clear after, say, 2012. But 2017-2020, and especially March 2020, are showing us the Tea Party had no principles in smaller government and eliminating the national debt at all.

The Tea Party for all its faults was not full of white nationalists. I know that the racists Democrats may be unable to distinguish that. Many conservatives still hold true that smaller government is the answer. One thing you are seeing here is that the private sector is much better geared up than the public sector to deliver the solutions. That is an important takeaway here. In addition, you also dont have a single point of failure as you would if you solely relied on the public system. The Strawman argument of the racist Democrats is that conservatives do not want government and only believe in the private sector. THat has never been true. There is a place for each to step up and each plays an important role. 

9 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

The Tea Party for all its faults was not full of white nationalists. I know that the racists Democrats may be unable to distinguish that. Many conservatives still hold true that smaller government is the answer. One thing you are seeing here is that the private sector is much better geared up than the public sector to deliver the solutions. That is an important takeaway here. In addition, you also dont have a single point of failure as you would if you solely relied on the public system. The Strawman argument of the racist Democrats is that conservatives do not want government and only believe in the private sector. THat has never been true. There is a place for each to step up and each plays an important role. 

Check out their website and socials.   Not one word about Trump tax cuts, the deficit, or current stimulus.   They've become a propaganda outlet for Dear Leader.  

https://www.teapartypatriots.org

4 hours ago, freefourur said:

Nope. It started with Rick Santelli on air at CNBC when he called for a Tea Party on Feb 19, 2009 in response Homeowners Affordability and Stability Plan. 

I just found out that Rick Santelli lives in Ohio