Sign in to follow this  
KJP

The Republican Party

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, DarkandStormy said:

The Trump Administration is urging federal agencies to drop WaPo and NYT subscriptions.  Press Secretary Grisham says, "Not renewing subscriptions across all federal agencies will be a significant cost saving for taxpayers - hundreds of thousands of dollars."

1) We could save more if Trump would stop golfing at his failing golf clubs.

2) A Washington Post subscription is FREE for anyone with a .gov, .mil, or .edu email account.

Very Stable Genius

Just now, freefourur said:

People who rail against safe spaces are banning newspapers that are critical of them. 

Conservatism is only projection now.  There are no other principles.

Very Stable Genius

I called Portman's Cleveland office today to ask about his support of Lindsey Graham's resolution. The staffer answering the phones was not aware of his support.  I wonder if Lindsey Graham merely tweeted out that Portman supports it or if Portman is trying to have it both ways. either way the staffer said he will forward my message to him. 

19 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I called Portman's Cleveland office today to ask about his support of Lindsey Graham's resolution. The staffer answering the phones was not aware of his support.  I wonder if Lindsey Graham merely tweeted out that Portman supports it or if Portman is trying to have it both ways. either way the staffer said he will forward my message to him. 

Called a pal - Portman is MADDDDD (which doesn't happen easily) and was blindsided by the statement. 

If he comes out in support of this, Graham essentially shoved him into a locker

4 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Called a pal - Portman is MADDDDD (which doesn't happen easily) and was blindsided by the statement. 

If he comes out in support of this, Graham essentially shoved him into a locker

This is interesting.  Graham couldn't even get all Senate Republicans in support even with his bullying of Portman.  This is likely not good news for the President. 

Are our Republican friends who were super triggered by candidate Clinton calling some Trump supporters, deplorable, equally offended by President Trump and his "Press Secretary" calling more than half of the country human scum?

15 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Are our Republican friends who were super triggered by candidate Clinton calling some Trump supporters, deplorable, equally offended by President Trump and his "Press Secretary" calling more than half of the country human scum?

Please - everyone... do not wear it as a label...

People that owned the "deplorable" tag used it as a means to do and say some awful things.

Just now, YABO713 said:

Please - everyone... do not wear it as a label...

People that owned the "deplorable" tag used it as a means to do and say some awful things.

People that owned it are the ones that were accurately described as deplorable. 

Who else did they "help"?

Arrested Giuliani associates were VIPs at Ron DeSantis’ inauguration

Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman attended the January celebration and were on a special list to get seats near the front, according to an email.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/10/25/arrested-giuliani-associates-were-vips-at-ron-desantis-inauguration/

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Desperately Seeking Spines...

Insulting POW's and Purple Heart recipients wasn't enough for the GOP.   Now they walk out on a bipartisan veterans bill.  SMH

Veterans legislation dispute prompts Republican walk-out on Capitol Hill

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/10/29/veterans-legislation-dispute-prompts-republican-walk-out-on-capitol-hill/#.XbiKVzS80Hc.twitter

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/gop-congressman-admits-he-could-have-gone-to-impeachment-hearings-but-didnt-hasnt-read-testimony/amp/

GOP Congressman Admits He Could Have Gone to Impeachment Hearings But Didn’t, Hasn’t Read Testimony

Very serious lawmaker for GOP admits to not reading impeachment testimony nor going to the hearings he is authorized to attend.

Very Stable Genius

Does anyone have a reason why 11 GOP representatives voted "no" to recognize the Armenian Genocide?  This list includes Mark Meadows and Greg Pence. I'd like to know their reasoning.

3 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Does anyone have a reason why 11 GOP representatives voted "no" to recognize the Armenian Genocide?  This list includes Mark Meadows and Greg Pence. I'd like to know their reasoning.

Because they're tools and don't want to upset Dear Leader vis-a-vis RTE. 

Yeah...tough stuff!   And the GOP also has committee members who were entitled access to the hearings saying they have not read one shred of transcripts.   

Fox’s Jason Chaffetz says two days isn’t enough time for congressional Republicans to read the eight-page impeachment resolution

https://www.mediamatters.org/trump-impeachment-inquiry/foxs-jason-chaffetz-says-two-days-isnt-enough-time-congressional

spacer.png

Conservatives love to play the victim role.  They also fundamentally don't understand how social media works.  Ted Cruz's only good tweet was about him as Grayson Allen a few years ago.

Very Stable Genius

Another thug heard from....

And

EIIuTxAXYAADf0y.jpeg.jpg

Edited by KJP

6 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

I thought people had the constitutional right to face their accusers

EVD, I thought you were aware of the difference between a grand jury and a trial?

Or perhaps you are merely angry at the political party responsible for establishing the prevailing rules for the House's grand jury procedures?

BTW, "Vichy Republicans" nails the description....

"The tentacles of Russian organized crime, both the official kind emanating from the Kremlin and the more informal sort consisting of laundering hot cash into real estate, have slithered more deeply into the American heartland than most people realize, and it has colonized the Republican Party at the state and local level. The revelation that the National Rifle Association—variously described as an arm of the GOP or as the party’s master—was virtually taken over by Russian interests is just the tip of the iceberg.

"The GOP, which loves to shriek from the housetops about its patriotism, is about as independent of hostile foreign influence as Vidkun Quisling’s Nasjonal Samling or Oswald Mosley’s British Union of Fascists. Or, for that matter, France’s Vichy Republic, ever subservient to Nazi Germany."

All thanks to unregulated campaign financing and out-of-control campaign spending, which made the USA vulnerable to hostile takeover by domestic and international oligarchs.

Spare Us From the Vichy Republicans

The party has become a cult run by crooks.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/02/spare-us-vichy-republicans

^Agreed. The independent voters are finally seeing that trump is a fraud and must be removed from office.

A question for any trumper to think about.    Does trump care more about his trump company or the USA? Both is not an honest answer.  He obviously is at his properties constantly.  I have never visited or even know where trump properties are. He somehow manages to go to one at least twice a week if not more. 

Is running for president and being president so easy that you can also be managing and marketing your other company at 73 and play that much golf and tweet that much about what he sees on fox and friends?

I only see about 10% of time being president and then it is mainly to sign legislation, award a medal, or give a speech.  Any time left is him whining about being the victim. How is that great?!

2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

I thought people had the constitutional right to face their accusers

Anonymous caller tips the police department that I'm selling drugs. He doesn't know first hand but he got a reliable tip. Police decide to investigate. In the process, neighbors, drug buyers, and other witnesses testify under oath. Police bring this trial. The anonymous caller is unimportant at this point. I don't face him because his testimony is not needed.  

How do you think the police would respond to my attempts to out the anonymous caller? Seems like witness intimidation doesn't it?

Edited by freefourur

1 minute ago, freefourur said:

Anonymous caller tips the police department that I'm selling drugs. He doesn't know first hand but he got a reliable tip. Police decide to investigate. In the process, neighbors, drug buyers, and other witnesses testify under oath. Police bring this trial. The anonymous caller is unimportant at this point. I don't face him because his testimony is not needed.  

so you're essentially saying that the whistleblower has about as much credibility as an anonymous caller tipping the police about someone buying drugs? Why didn't those "witnesses testifying under oath"  (allegedly to corroborate the caller's claim) come forward before the anonymous caller if they were so concerned about criminal activity? 

Just now, eastvillagedon said:

so you're essentially saying that the whistleblower has about as much credibility as an anonymous caller tipping the police about someone buying drugs? Why didn't those "witnesses testifying under oath"  (allegedly to corroborate the caller's claim) come forward before the anonymous caller if they were so concerned about criminal activity? 

If you read their testimony, many of them did.   That is why many at the White House are lawyering up now.   It's all on the record.