Sign in to follow this  
KJP

The Republican Party

Kasich warns: GOP is "losing the future" with positions on immigration, healthcare https://t.co/4I0c7fvk9A

That's funny, Kasich, another sore loser that didn't even show up at the RNC in Cleveland last year worried about Millennials.  Anti-transit Kasich; pro-transit Millennialls.  Expect Kasich to be heralding the 3C Ohio High Speed Rail Line soon.

One thing the millennials generally haven't had to do: pay for any of their ''dreams''.

Just get rid of the immigration laws altogether; that way no one will be offended by the term ''illegal immigrant'' and won't be in violation of our laws by entering our country illegally.

Cross-post from another site:

What a shameful bill peddled by even more shameful people. I hope voters see this and all else that Republicans have done as stark reminders that both parties are not the same.

I hope they remember that Hillary and Trump are not somehow equally as bad. The Republican party is quintessentially a party of bad faith, bad policies, and bad morals.

They insisted Scott Brown be available for any additional Obamacare votes, and got their way. They refuse to offer the same courtesy for Doug Jones.

They insisted that Democrats rammed Obamacare without any opportunities for Republican input. And yet the process to pass Obamacare took over a year with multiple open hearings and discussions.

Every major thing Republicans have attempted to do this year - including this disastrous tax bill - has been done without a single attempt at reaching out to Democrats. Not one. They govern solely by partisan politics and partisan politics alone. And when they can't do that, they throw tantrums and obstruct (as we saw during the Obama years).

They sold themselves out to support sexual assaulters, one who (allegedly) assaulted minors. And yet clamored loudly for Al Franken to resign (which he should have and did).

*Some more tidbits now that this has got me going.

+Republicans fundamentally do not support science.

+Republicans took away net neutrality.

+Outside of the tax cuts benefitting the wealthiest and corporations the most, they aren't even permanent. Meaning middle class families lose

+Trump abandoned our Dreamers, children who have done nothing wrong. Republicans have done nothing so far to counter that.

+Republicans have failed to renew funding for CHIP, leaving children in need helpless.

Cross-post from another site:

They insisted that Democrats rammed Obamacare without any opportunities for Republican input. And yet the process to pass Obamacare took over a year with multiple open hearings and discussions.

Yes, rammed it right through only 40 years after it was proposed by Nixon.

Thieves!

Nevermind that you had to sell all of your guns to pay for Republican policy.

Republicans take guns, not Democrats. And who buys the guns of broke working-class Rs who can't make ends meet? 1% gun collectors.

Her: Tell me your biggest fantasy.

Me: Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan falling on hard times, unable to feed themselves or their children, and being told there are no more food stamps.

Blowout. Everyone is moving away from the GOP except died-in-the-wool Trump radicals...

Americans with college degrees are favoring Democrats 16 points more then they did in 2014. Nation as a whole is leaning 10 points more blue.

WSJ: https://t.co/r4Fa9feXzd

https://t.co/r4Fa9feXzd

And yet they still won't win congress. I guarantee most of those people they polled with college degrees majored in the arts and work at a coffee shop, protest and don't vote. #Millennials

Blowout. Everyone is moving away from the GOP except died-in-the-wool Trump radicals...

Americans with college degrees are favoring Democrats 16 points more then they did in 2014. Nation as a whole is leaning 10 points more blue.

WSJ: https://t.co/r4Fa9feXzd

https://t.co/r4Fa9feXzd

And yet they still won't win congress. I guarantee most of those people they polled with college degrees majored in the arts and work at a coffee shop, protest and don't vote. #Millennials

I love these "guarantees" from people who don't even know the sample population.  Thanks for your "guarantee."

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-generic-ballot-polls/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Democrats have a huge lead on a generic Congressional ballot for 2018.

Sooo, how is your 1981 DeLorean with the flux capacitor upgrade package running? With such certainty, it seems you've been to the future and returned. I hope you're driving it to Vegas to put some money on these overwhelming Congressional odds against your "guaranteed" position?

^^ Actual numbers are pretty good for the GOP in 2018. My guess is that they pick up at least 1 seat in the Senate - I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose two seats they currently have, but they should be able to win at least 3 of the 10 seats Democrats hold in Trump states. That's probably the worst case scenario for Republicans in the Senate: +1.

It's probably too early to make a call on the House, but the generic congressional ballot Democrats are putting all their hopes and dreams into is pretty much worthless in a society as geopolitical divided as ours. The country may be leaning dem overall, but because Democrats tend to all live in tightly packed districts in a handful of states, their doubling-down will simply turn blue districts bluer, it won't flip many.

The country may be leaning dem overall, but because Democrats tend to all live in tightly packed GERRYMANDERED districts in a handful of states, their doubling-down will simply turn blue districts bluer, it won't flip many.

FTFY.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joe-arpaio-2018-election_us_5a563b5ae4b03417e8743168

Republicans are running four convicted criminals in Congressional races in 2018.

And at least four Democrats in congress have been convicted in the past year; so what does that tell you?

Who? The only one I can find is Corrine Brown who isn't running in 2018.

^ I like how the graph of "racial resentment" shows an 8% decrease over the last 4 years but the Post follows that up by saying "This graph shows that racial resentment hasn’t fluctuated much over time." Perhaps that's true in the long run, but all that means is that we've made significant progress over the last few years - more than we had made over the previous 2+ decades. That's rather remarkable.

I also like how measured someone's "racial resentment" by asking four true or false questions, one of which is: “Over the past few years, blacks have gotten less than they deserve." Something tells me the battery of questions doesn't quite measure what most people would call "racial resentment," it probably only measures whether or not people believe in racial privilege.

^ I like how the graph of "racial resentment" shows an 8% decrease over the last 4 years but the Post follows that up by saying "This graph shows that racial resentment hasn’t fluctuated much over time." Perhaps that's true in the long run, but all that means is that we've made significant progress over the last few years - more than we had made over the previous 2+ decades. That's rather remarkable.

Shut the forum down, ya'll.

Ram just admitted we have shown "remarkable" progress on racial resentment under Barack Obama.

/dead

It sounds like the case with Tom Cotton is more of an issue with an individual being threatening and involved in frequent very inappropriate behavior rather than trying to block someone who disagrees with him.

It sounds like the case with Tom Cotton is more of an issue with an individual being threatening and involved in frequent very inappropriate behavior rather than trying to block someone who disagrees with him.

There are reports of multiple constituents receiving cease-and-desist letters.

Regardless if it's one person or five it seems appropriate to send cease-and-desist orders if individuals are threatening and cross a line.  If even just a bit of what I've read about the behavior of these individuals is true then it seems reasonable to me.

^Uh, so, Tom Cotton doesn't want to be subject to the language that the President uses on a daily basis?

A counselor to Tom Cotton provided an update - "update: tone was threatening, no threats made. But c-word invoked."

Indeed, vulgar language can be rattling, but issuing a cease and desist veers into the realm of prior restraint, explained David Snyder, executive director of First Amendment Coalition.

“This letter is inappropriate, and I would say it’s borderline unconstitutional,” Snyder told Salon. “This kind of speech, as offensive as it may be and as vulgar as it is, is just part of the game; it’s part of what happens in a democracy.”

So yes, if the letters or calls included threats, by all means have Capitol Police take appropriate action.  Otherwise...deal with it.

Are you really making excuses for Donald Trump's behavior?  Have we lost our moral compass as citizens to the degree that we think the behavior of the President is OK and should be emulated?  A sad day indeed.

Are you really making excuses for Donald Trump's behavior?  Have we lost our moral compass as citizens to the degree that we think the behavior of the President is OK and should be emulated?  A sad day indeed.

I'm not making excuses.  I'm saying Tom Cotton, an ardent Trump supporter, should be able to deal with a few choice words from constituents.  As I said, if it elevates to a threat, then yes let the police handle it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joe-arpaio-2018-election_us_5a563b5ae4b03417e8743168

Republicans are running four convicted criminals in Congressional races in 2018.

And at least four Democrats in congress have been convicted in the past year; so what does that tell you?

Who? The only one I can find is Corrine Brown who isn't running in 2018.

No response.  I'm assuming you just pulled a number out of your *** if you can't provide a source to this.