Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KJP

Media Propaganda

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, X said:

In reference to what?

 

It's a video that basically suggests that if the news got this particular story wrong, the Turks aren't actually murdering the Kurds and therefore Trump is an amazing leader and was so right. So yeah, dumb Trumper logic.  You'll understand if it you just get more colored string to make the connections on the Big Board of Lib/Deep State Conspiracies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The other side is clearly wiling to steal."

 

Only one side has held up bipartisan-backed military aid (which they had no legal right to hold up) for dirt on a political opponent.  It wasn't "the other side" of The Federalist.  Again, conservatives only do projection.


Very Stable Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eastvillagedon said:

 

 

more of the same old--same old

 

 

The thing about Trump supporters is that they demand that the public be impressed by things that are expected in every presidency, and are accomplished every presidency.  Why should anyone be impressed that Trump very occasionally does his job?  And I'm pretty sure that the Democrats had to step in with a lot of changes to this, as Trump's version was just a new name for the old deal.  

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

 

The thing about Trump supporters is that they demand that the public be impressed by things that are expected in every presidency, and are accomplished every presidency.  Why should anyone be impressed that Trump very occasionally does his job?  And I'm pretty sure that the Democrats had to step in with a lot of changes to this, as Trump's version was just a new name for the old deal.  

 

who was asking that anyone should be impressed? A headline was posted and then changed. Why? Probably because a bunch of snowflakey triggered readers screamed bloody murder, that's why. And we wonder why "journalists" are held in such low regard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headlines get changed on online articles all the time.  I doubt it has as much to do with outside political pressure as it does with the constant A-B testing and algorithmic content that is going on all over the web.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

 

who was asking that anyone should be impressed? A headline was posted and then changed. Why? Probably because a bunch of snowflakey triggered readers screamed bloody murder, that's why. And we wonder why "journalists" are held in such low regard. 

 

Your post had that suggestion, that the change undermined some significant accomplishment Trump had.  And you have zero proof the headline was changed for political reasons.  Furthermore, the 2nd title is not factually incorrect in any way, nor is it even negative towards Trump.

 

You hold journalists in low regard because your entire worldview requires an absence of facts, and the mere existence of them provides a constant attack on the alternate reality that you live in.  Even Fox News occasionally breaks with it.  How sad it must be to need everyone else to be wrong so that you can continue to worship a racist and rapist who, among his other fine actions, fully endorsed child molesters for US government.  Maybe the disgust you feel is not really directed at journalists, but for how casually you have abandoned all morality in the name of Donald Trump.  Sorry, but the rest of us don't have to buy into those types of delusions.

Edited by jonoh81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

if this doesn't sum up everything you needed to know about the mainstream media I don't know what does

 

 

FoxNews did this for 3 days while the house managers were speaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great article here about the cause/effect of our increased media outlets and increased polarization.  

 

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/28/21077888/why-were-polarized-media-book-ezra-news

 

 

In an age of choice, political journalism is a business that serves people interested in political news and that tries to create more people interested in political news. And to be interested in politics is, for most people, to choose a side. How could it be otherwise?

 

Here’s the kicker: As the charts below show, the more political media people consumed, the more mistaken they were, in general, about the other party. This is a damning result: The more political media you absorb, the more warped your perspective of the other side becomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question then is: Should the media be allowed to lie or distort facts for a specific agenda?  For example, in recent years, Sinclair Media has gotten into hot water for forcing stations it owns to run obvious propaganda pieces.  Should that be allowed?  I know there are clearly free speech issues involved, but where does one draw the line, and who would even be in charge of regulating them?  Having the government do it seems like whole mess of other problems.

 

I guess the other question is how do we get our education systems to better teach critical thinking skills so that they can counter propaganda before it even has that kind of influence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

The question then is: Should the media be allowed to lie or distort facts for a specific agenda?  For example, in recent years, Sinclair Media has gotten into hot water for forcing stations it owns to run obvious propaganda pieces.  Should that be allowed?  I know there are clearly free speech issues involved, but where does one draw the line, and who would even be in charge of regulating them?  Having the government do it seems like whole mess of other problems.

 

I guess the other question is how do we get our education systems to better teach critical thinking skills so that they can counter propaganda before it even has that kind of influence?

I like your second point, teaching critical skills... the multitude of media that's now available isn't going to go away...  we need to teach people to recognize propaganda and see through it to find truth in issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gottaplan said:

I like your second point, teaching critical skills... the multitude of media that's now available isn't going to go away...  we need to teach people to recognize propaganda and see through it to find truth in issues.

 

Which is going to be much more difficult when all media tells them that fact is fiction and fiction is fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freefourur said:

Donald Trump's new favorite news network explained.

 

 

I really did try to get through this discussion on the insanity that is OAN, but about half way through I had almost completely lost the will to live, so I had to check out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloomberg News Killed Investigation, Fired Reporter, Then Sought To Silence His Wife

April 14, 20205:05 AM ET

Heard on Morning Edition

DAVID FOLKENFLIK

 

Michael Bloomberg's short-lived presidential bid reignited a long-simmering dispute over the widespread use of nondisclosure agreements at American corporations — especially at his own.

 

His namesake company, Bloomberg LP, has used nondisclosure agreements broadly to conceal allegations and silence complaints from employees of sexual harassment or a hostile work environment, as published reports have documented.

The story of one Bloomberg reporter and his wife showcases the widespread use of such legal restraints at the company — and how far their reach can extend.

 

Six years ago, Bloomberg News killed an investigation into the wealth of Communist Party elites in China, fearful of repercussions by the Chinese government. The company successfully silenced the reporters involved. And it sought to keep the spouse of one of the reporters quiet, too.

 

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/14/828565428/bloomberg-news-killed-investigation-fired-reporter-then-sought-to-silence-his-wi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...