mu2010

The Democratic Party

Nicholas Kristof is definitely a liberal.  You might be thing of William Kristol, who is definitely a conservative.  Billy Crystal being somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

O'Rourke just set a quarterly Senate fundraising record - $38m.  More than 3 times what totally a human Rafael Cruz raised.

O'Rourke will be organizing a massive get out the vote effort with that money.

2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

really, what does this say about liberals then?🤑

Bleeding Heart Tightwads

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html

"Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals."

"Those people are stupid."

-Brutus

3 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

^ Well, their number 2 should resign because he is a domestic abuser. But of course that does not matter if you have a D behind your name.

Are we not into "due process" anymore?

Let's also remember that Democrats have resigned immediately this year from sex scandals.  Republicans elevate them to the Supreme Court, elect them president and endorse them for Senator.  Let's not try to gaslight everyone. 

Edited by freefourur

I was just following the DNC rule of always believe the accuser because such serious accusations need to be taken as if they are true. This is only a job for Ellison, not a criminal trial. I mean, based on the democrat logic, he needs to be forced out and convicted in the media of his crimes and publicly shamed. His due process rights are limited to the courts only. Stepping down from his job is not a legal issue. (at least that is how the democrats frame it)

If you want to know my personal opinions on the matter,

1) I really don't give a crap what Ellision chooses to do. I thought he was deplorable regardless.

2) Personally, I feel he is entitled to due process and should not step down until all the evidence is open and out there. Even though it may not be a criminal matter, he should not be tried in the press and subject to mob rule. Ultimately, let the voters decide his fate.

3) If people choose to or  not to vote for him based on this, that is their own personal issue, as how it should be.

4) I just find it rather interesting that we just went through a month of hearing: "Always believe the accuser, this is not a criminal matter so he is not entitled to due process or presumption of innocence" yet when it is the number 2 at the DNC people seem to be changing their tune. 

Just interesting how hypocrisy works.

Ellison's job interview is with the voters.  They should believe the accuser.  

Now address your hypocrisy.  I'll wait for you to discuss the burden of proof and due process.  

Edited by freefourur

For MN Attorney General it is. As number 2 of DNC, he does not have to answer to the voters for a few years there.

What hypocrisy on my part regarding due process? I thought I made my position rather clear on the matter.

How long did it take the RNC to purge its criminals?  You want to focus on Ellison while the RNC has actual criminal convictions against people.  Besides the DNC as a private organization is different from the Supreme Court but I'm sure you are pretending not to know that. 

With that said, Ellison should step down or be elevated to the Supreme Court. 

Edited by freefourur

It is not the point. If you preach that we should follow certain platitudes (Always believe the woman, The woman is always right, this is not a matter of due process because it is not criminal) you need to stick to them no matter what the situation is.

The RNC has never preached anything other than due process and then pointing out the hypocrisy where it exists.

If the DNC were true to his values, then he should resign his position. Otherwise they are hypocrites.  Personally, I do not feel he should resign, because he deserves due process, but the DNC does not appear to feel the same way about due process, which says something about their actual values.

2 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

The RNC has never preached anything other than due process and then pointing out the hypocrisy where it exists.

I was with you all the way.... minus this statement. 

^ Ok I will backtrack on the RNC part. They just care about power too and ultimately, where they can save face they will.

My point on Ellison is that you are either true to your values or you are not. At the end of the day, if you take the position to always believe the woman, don't try and split hairs when it is one of your own.

@freefoururI did not mean to imply I was directing my comment at you. It was more of a generalized comment. I am glad you feel that way, and as I know we have discussed in the past, while we may not see eye to eye on many issues, I do recognize and appreciate your principled responses.

^ but you have to admit that the Democrats in general have done a better job of purging their people thant the GOP has.  Keith Ellison and Menendez aside.  

6 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

@freefoururI did not mean to imply I was directing my comment at you. It was more of a generalized comment. I am glad you feel that way, and as I know we have discussed in the past, while we may not see eye to eye on many issues, I do recognize and appreciate your principled responses.

So you constructed a straw man and then had an argument with no one? Gotcha. 

No one is actually arguing the position you seem to think we are. 

4 minutes ago, freefourur said:

^ but you have to admit that the Democrats in general have done a better job of purging their people thant the GOP has.  Keith Ellison and Menendez aside.  

Lately they have. Some of it I believe is an over reaction I feel. Others are very appropriate.  The thing about it, and the GOP would also be just as guilty of this too, is that the more power the person has or influence, the less likely he/she would be cast overboard.  Hence why you see Ellison and Menendez stand tall where lesser powerful members like Franken are thrown aside for seemingly much less.

^ I don't think Franken is less powerful than Menendez.  Remember it was Franken that got Sessions to lie under oath which led to his recusal in all things Russia related. 

The thing about Franken is that he was a second term Senator from MN whereas Menendez had been there for at least 20 years by that point. While Franken was on an important committee, he still likely would not yield as much power as Menendez does given their tenure, and Menendez's connections to raise big Wall St money that Franken did not have. In one sense you are right, but in the other Menendez is more powerful.