Guest KJP

Cleveland: Superior Arts District

1801+Superior-Oct2019s.jpg

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2019

900-1800 office jobs coming to Superior Arts District downtown

Over the next couple of years, approximately 900 office jobs are due to arrive in the Superior Arts District. That number could double by the mid-2020s as two fast-growing companies are relocating their headquarters to this redeveloping area of Superior Avenue on the eastern edge of downtown Cleveland.

The new jobs would add to several hundred office workers already there

On Nov. 8, and barring any last-minute glitch, MinuteMen Staffing Services Inc. is due to take title to the former Plain Dealer Plaza office building, 1801 Superior Ave. Terms of the transaction have yet to be disclosed.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/11/900-1800-office-jobs-coming-to-superior.html

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

7 hours ago, KJP said:

1801+Superior-Oct2019s.jpg

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2019

900-1800 office jobs coming to Superior Arts District downtown

Over the next couple of years, approximately 900 office jobs are due to arrive in the Superior Arts District. That number could double by the mid-2020s as two fast-growing companies are relocating their headquarters to this redeveloping area of Superior Avenue on the eastern edge of downtown Cleveland.

The new jobs would add to several hundred office workers already there

On Nov. 8, and barring any last-minute glitch, MinuteMen Staffing Services Inc. is due to take title to the former Plain Dealer Plaza office building, 1801 Superior Ave. Terms of the transaction have yet to be disclosed.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/11/900-1800-office-jobs-coming-to-superior.html

Three great scoops in ONE DAY!

ANOTHER GREAT JOB KEN!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MyTwoSense said:

Interesting, I wish the PD or new owner would clear the land, and build mid to high rise residential development.

I love the PD building. Think its a beauty. There’s plenty of vacant land in the neighborhood to build upwards. 

• Like 3

They have an art craft show on December 7th and 8th, with 70+ vendors. I've heard prior open studio events (wasn't there one in August) have pulled in large crowds.

That's all I got.

12 hours ago, MyTwoSense said:

Interesting, I wish the PD or new owner would clear the land, and build mid to high rise residential development.

I'd rather demolish the Enterprise building across the street.

• Like 2

Any updates ... Did MinuteMen Staffing Services take title to the former Plain Dealer Plaza office building at 1801 Superior Ave?

11 minutes ago, sky said:

Any updates ... Did MinuteMen Staffing Services take title to the former Plain Dealer Plaza office building at 1801 Superior Ave?

Not yet. I'm wondering if DiGeronimo approached them about locating to Valor Acres? The DiGeronimo and Lucarelli families have some shared history.....

Then again, Minute Man Staffing's temps/workers are nearly all transit-dependent, so the southern part of Brecksville probably wouldn't work for MM.

5 hours ago, KJP said:

Not yet. I'm wondering if DiGeronimo approached them about locating to Valor Acres? The DiGeronimo and Lucarelli families have some shared history.....

Then again, Minute Man Staffing's temps/workers are nearly all transit-dependent, so the southern part of Brecksville probably wouldn't work for MM.

Suburbs trying to poach businesses from the city like it's the 70s. NEO is so backwards.

• Confused 1
  • Dislike 3

Yeah, in other metro areas, the suburbs aren't trying to poach businesses from the center city or each other. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, X said:

Yeah, in other metro areas, the suburbs aren't trying to poach businesses from the center city or each other. 🙄

Well, to be fair, it's not nearly as big of a problem in many cities that have fewer suburbs (where the city has expanded and is surrounded by unincorporated land rather than 50-some municipalities in the core county, let alone all the ones in collar counties.)

• Like 3

Superior-East+20s-Sept2018.jpg

FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2020

Up to 1,000 HQ jobs may come to downtown Cleveland

More than 650 headquarters jobs could be on track to move to downtown Cleveland with hundreds more possible resulting from future growth. But in this instance, it's not from the paint/coatings firm that's known for covering the Earth. Instead, this news is about another fast-growing Greater Cleveland business that has outgrown its existing HQ.

According to two sources who spoke off the record, Brecksville-based CrossCountry Mortgage Inc. is taking some of the first steps necessary to renovate a handful of historic buildings along Superior Avenue between East 21st and 22nd streets on the east side of downtown.

Those properties, previously owned by the Chilcote Co., were bought Dec. 28, 2018 for $849,500 by an investment team, incorporated as CC Superior Holding, LLC and led by CrossCountry CEO Ron Leonhardt and Kohrman Jackson Krantz LLP's Managing Partner Jon Pinney.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/01/up-to-1000-hq-jobs-coming-to-downtown.html

Edited by KJP
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

So you say they are taking the steps to renovate, but your title states hundreds of jobs are coming to downtown. From the article it sounded like they are still weighing the options. So did your sources off the record essentially indicate they are indeed moving their HQ to the downtown location near E18?

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 5:24 PM, AsDustinFoxWouldSay said:

So you say they are taking the steps to renovate, but your title states hundreds of jobs are coming to downtown. From the article it sounded like they are still weighing the options. So did your sources off the record essentially indicate they are indeed moving their HQ to the downtown location near E18?

See below

Edited by KJP
Article was updated
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

On 1/31/2020 at 4:24 PM, KJP said:

Superior-East+20s-Sept2018.jpg

FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2020

Up to 1,000 HQ jobs coming to downtown Cleveland

More than 650 headquarters jobs are on track to move to downtown Cleveland with hundreds more possible resulting from future growth. But in this instance, it's not from the paint/coatings firm that's known for covering the Earth. Instead, this news is about another fast-growing Greater Cleveland business that has outgrown its existing HQ.

According to two sources who spoke off the record, Brecksville-based CrossCountry Mortgage Inc. is taking some of the first steps necessary to renovate a handful of historic buildings along Superior Avenue between East 21st and 22nd streets on the east side of downtown.

Those properties, previously owned by the Chilcote Co., were bought Dec. 28, 2018 for $849,500 by an investment team, incorporated as CC Superior Holding, LLC and led by CrossCountry CEO Ron Leonhardt and Kohrman Jackson Krantz LLP's Managing Partner Jon Pinney.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/01/up-to-1000-hq-jobs-coming-to-downtown.html

First VA moves it's operations from Brecksville to Cleveland and now they may lose at least 650 corporate jobs and a headquarters to Cleveland? It's safe to say if the headquarters moves that Brecksville officially HATES CLEVELAND 😂😂😂.

• Like 5

Got more information this morning and updated the article above accordingly. It sounds like the project makes economic sense if the Superior-facing buildings are renovated with offices (for CrossCountry? -- still not certain) with a mix of renovation and new construction for residential. Surprisingly, especially considering what Bobby George is doing across the street, that BEK doesn't think the buildings are large enough to justify residential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 10:21 PM, MyPhoneDead said:

First VA moves it's operations from Brecksville to Cleveland and now they may lose at least 650 corporate jobs and a headquarters to Cleveland? It's safe to say if the headquarters moves that Brecksville officially HATES CLEVELAND 😂😂😂.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Oh well!

Brecksville, Independence, Solon, Middleburg Heights, Beachwood, Mayfield Heights, Parma, etc., etc., etc., have been taking from the City of Cleveland for over a century (water, population, electricity, corporations, jobs, financial resources, religious institutions, taxes, etc.), providing little to nothing in return. They've crippled the City, almost draining it dry.

It's time to turn the tables.

Edited by Frmr CLEder
  • Like 16
  • Love 3

wow -- very impressed they went for the stunning renovation vs new build. its just outstanding to see.

I could use a announcement today from Brecksville based Cross Country  Mortgage to make me feel better about the SW r&d.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, freethink said:

I could use a announcement today from Brecksville based Cross Country  Mortgage to make me feel better about the SW r&d.

It's at least a few weeks away, if not months.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KJP said:

It's at least a few weeks away, if not months.

After the R&D to Valor, you just know DiGeronimo/Hruby is full court press going after CC. This’ll probably end up residential. Hruby will give em free land.

36 minutes ago, marty15 said:

After the R&D to Valor, you just know DiGeronimo/Hruby is full court press going after CC. This’ll probably end up residential. Hruby will give em free land.

Feeling down? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KJP said:

Feeling down? 

That’s pretty much the reality of the situation down there, no?

1 hour ago, marty15 said:

I was thinking the same. But @KJP seems to indicate that CC values what a city can offer them, so that's why they are looking to make that move. On the other hand I know that developers are "soulless" and will go to any extreme to make something happen.

13 minutes ago, freethink said:

I was thinking the same. But @KJP seems to indicate that CC values what a city can offer them, so that's why they are looking to make that move. On the other hand I know that developers are "soulless" and will go to any extreme to make something happen.

They’re playing with house money with all that free land. And I would imagine as motivated as ever right now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, marty15 said:

That’s pretty much the reality of the situation down there, no?

It is if that's what happens. It isn't if it doesn't. I wouldn't come to a conclusion like that until then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJP said:

It is if that's what happens. It isn't if it doesn't. I wouldn't come to a conclusion like that until then.

Just tempering my expectations, like a good Clevelander. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, marty15 said:

They’re playing with house money with all that free land. And I would imagine as motivated as ever right now. 

I'm sure Valor had already approached CCM even before they bought the Superior properties.   Besides CCM paid very little for those properties. But I don't doubt they could end up residential, so CCM could end up somewhere else downtown. Maybe at 925. Trying to stay positive I guess...

• Like 2

Cleveland keeps an HQ, is set to lose its biggest downtown parking crater, sets itself up for much bigger things as a result of this announcement, and people around here sound glum because an R&D facility is going to a Cuyahoga County suburb. You guys sound like the dude who complains about having to pay a ton of tax because he just won the lottery.

There's some great things happening in the Superior Arts and more is coming, be it housing, offices or a nice mix of both.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2