ColDayMan

Columbus: Red Brick District Developments and News

18 hours ago, cbussoccer said:

This progress picture just popped up on the Columbus reddit.

spacer.png

On the southeast side of this build (From Mound) you can see the paint scheme coming to life -- it is certainly unique. White and black alternating "zig zag" pattern.

• Love 1

48781213881_f2e58d41ab_h.jpg

Here you can see Xander on State, the red Oak Street apartments, the Topiary townhomes, and the Library apartment demo.

Edited by aderwent
this needs moved to the Discovery District thread. oops.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aderwent said:

48781213881_f2e58d41ab_h.jpg

Here you can see Xander on State, the red Oak Street apartments, the Topiary townhomes, and the Library apartment demo.

OK the red building is looking so much better than I thought it would. Just imagine all of those surface lots filled in with developments!  This could be a dense and amazing mixed use district.

*All of these posts with views from downtown highrises are greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

What was that one building on E. Long St. east of High that had the 3-color waves on the side? Or maybe it was on Spring? It's been gone about 15 years I'd say. This new building kind of reminds me of it.

Not sure what the plan or scale of the project will be but it looks like the owner of 199 E Rich is gearing up to redevelop the property. 

https://portal.columbus.gov/permits/ 

Record# 20601-00056

All the application reveals is a mixed use site plan submitted and that Korda is the engineer on record and Bluestone Brothers are the developer. Bluestone developed 223 E Town just down the street, with them I don't imagine it'll be any kind of mind-blowing project but it will likely be a solid addition to the area. I imagine we will see something soon at a Downtown Commission meeting if they are already permitting site plan. Looks like they own the whole block according to the auditors site. 

1750385866_ScreenShot2020-03-10at2_39_03PM.thumb.png.81fcc92df6e747fc853d84be1588827c.png

1449432798_ScreenShot2020-03-10at2_42_16PM.thumb.png.28db329eb3f34cd1daf57b1bf9f0a00b.png

• Like 6

Other than that corner building, which could easily be incorporated, that's quite a chunk of land once the warehouse style buildings are cleared. Hopefully something decent. 

• Like 1

It does look great but if you take away the cool paint job this is a really basic EFIS building with no architectural details. I'm amazed the paint job alone can make it look praise worthy but it works.

I'm amazed at how well that zig-zag treatment turned out.  For all the complaints we have about the detailing on some developer's projects in C-BUS, this one was excellently executed.

7 hours ago, GCrites80s said:

No Charlie Brown jokes or anything

*good grief*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1