Sign in to follow this  
Guest KJP

Hillary Clinton

Although she holds no political office, she apparently is still very powerful according to all of the conservative news and websites who devote so much time to her. Ironically we have no discussion topic here at Urban Ohio on Hillary Clinton until now.

So here is a funny tweet to get us going...

Hillary Clinton could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and do nothing, and they would say she shot somebody.

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

I don't think it's that she's so "powerful," it's just that she never takes a break from putting herself in the spotlight, and kind of hard to ignore when the media slavishly follows her every move

Hillary Clinton’s book signing was as insufferable as you’d expect

By Maureen Callahan  September 12, 2017 | 5:05pm | Updated

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/hillary-clintons-book-signing-was-as-insufferable-as-youd-expect/

"Yes, typical Clinton class was on display here.

This book, we’ve been told, will show us a different Hillary, a humbled candidate taking personal responsibility for her loss. Yet just as that’s not true — as we all know by now, she blames Sanders, the Russians, James Comey, et al. in her memoir — in hawking it, she can’t help but revert to form. Wait for hours, sweat it out, love her all you want — she’s popping in for your cash, nothing more.

And no matter what Hillary says, remember: She’d love the chance to do it all again in 2020."

On Oct 30, 2016 I went out for a bike ride.  I saw a crew setting up a very small stage and a small set of bleachers on Cincinnati's riverfront.  Like what you'd see for a sand volleyball tournament or something like that.  I thought to myself "oh, that's interesting that some local or state candidate is doing a rally on the riverfront".  No, it turned out the crew was setting up s stage for Hillary Clinton.  There was space for *maybe* 500 people.  Meanwhile, Trump had gotten 10,000 in nearby U.S. Bank arena. 

I watched a long interview of Hillary the other night on PBS.  It was pretty poor.  She's trying to put herself out there as the anti-trump, shining a light into things and reinforcing the russian connection.  They asked her about Trump's recent collaboration with Democrats Schumer & Pelosi - she stuttered & stammered into a lame "We'll just see where THAT goes!".  Nice insight there Hillary

I think it says it pretty well.  Trump can't keep a coherent position on anything for 24 hours.  Except the wall- oops!

Sarah Lerner‏Verified account @SarahLerner  19h19 hours ago

Steve Bannon got a 60 Minutes feature & Sean Spicer got an #Emmys cameo, but Hillary Clinton needs to "shut up & go away"? Mmkay.

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Hillary go away, though Bannon, Spicer, and those other tyskertøs can get pancreatic cancer for all I care. It's the least of what they deserve.

I don't blame her for trying to monetize the election, but there is something desperate and pathetic about those released passages and her re-appearing in the limelight. This stuff just damages her legacy. It seems petty and forced.

Sarah Lerner‏Verified account @SarahLerner  19h19 hours ago

Steve Bannon got a 60 Minutes feature & Sean Spicer got an #Emmys cameo, but Hillary Clinton needs to "shut up & go away"? Mmkay.

Hillary needs to shut up and go away for a while. Then she can come back, and people will respect her for that in due time.  People were upset about the election. Every time she speaks she opens old wounds that have not healed. There is a time and a place and she needs to sense that. It is not about her. Whether people blame her for her loss or not, she needs to step away. Look at the other presidential losers and how they have handled themselves in the past, they lay low and stay out of things for at least 2 years or more. The wounds can heal then.

^but she's nnooooooooot! I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. At the end of this long interview/discussion with Hillary and actress America Ferrara, Hillary concludes it with this (after of course blaming everyone, again, on the same laundry list of suspects for her defeat):

PG: So, neither of you plans to “shut up and go away already,” as requested by several media outlets?

HC: You are right about that, Philip!

Hillary Clinton and America Ferrera on Pain and Progress (and Hiking)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/16/style/hillary-clinton-america-ferrera-table-for-three.html

Of course she won't, because at the end of the day it is all about her. Just like it is all about Trump. Look at Romney, he stepped away for close to 2 years before he started doing some interviews and talking about policy again. He realized it was not his place at that moment to be the face of the party. Even John Kerry took a less prominent role after his defeat in 2004.  Personally, I could not care less about Hillary, but she just needs to shut up and lay low for a while. It would pay huge dividends for her if she does. People strongly dislike her now, especially democrats who blame her for the loss. If she practices a little humility, she may turn into a sympathetic figure in a few years if she were to re-emerge

^ She can do whatever she wants. I was just commenting that it would serve her better to lay low for a while. Let's face it, she has never had many fans in the GOP, and after losing to Trump, she is a lot less popular in the progressive circles right now. A lot of people were hurting from the election and by keeping her face in front of people, those wounds wont heal, or at least very quickly, that is why she is getting so much animosity and pushback right now.

For those who want their political chaos served with a side order of mayhem...

Hillary Clinton just floated the possibility of contesting the 2016 election

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/hillary-clinton-2016-trump/index.html

^ Well, it would be nice if the president acted presidential, but that ship has long sailed, so lets hope someone is a mature adult. He sets a low bar and Hillary apparently has no dignity either trying to stoop to that level.

On Oct 30, 2016 I went out for a bike ride.  I saw a crew setting up a very small stage and a small set of bleachers on Cincinnati's riverfront.  Like what you'd see for a sand volleyball tournament or something like that.  I thought to myself "oh, that's interesting that some local or state candidate is doing a rally on the riverfront".  No, it turned out the crew was setting up s stage for Hillary Clinton.  There was space for *maybe* 500 people.  Meanwhile, Trump had gotten 10,000 in nearby U.S. Bank arena. 

Trump's crowds were inflated by the same type of people that go to NASCAR races hoping to see a wreck.

She did a labor rally in Cleveland, and she had representatives from gun control groups on the stage.  The astute union leadership (most of them) were irked, knowing the Republicans had been harping to their rank and file that "she wants to take your guns".  This was not atypical.

Considering who she managed to lose to, it should be her own side saying "please go away".

The main reason people want Hillary to go away is because she was right all along and warned us about Russia.  Now that an indictment is imminent everyone is beginning to see it.  If I knew what she knew, it would be hard to be quiet.  She knows that Trump got help from Russia and that his people helped them willingly.  I would be angry too. 

I personally don't care for her book or interviews or anything else but she has a right to speak out.  I am also noticing people erroneously comparing her to 45 just like during the election.  There is no comparison to the man child memer in chief.

I'm a life long democrat and I have been saying "GO AWAY" to the Clintons for years.  They are pure triangulation politicians.  Remember Wag the Dog and bombing the aspirin factory in Libya to counteract negative Lewinsky news?  Ugh.  When I got Hillary's first postcards asking for money 2 years before the last election I was so disgusted, because I knew she was coming in early to beat down any potential primary rival before they could even get started.  We've tried to forget the Clintons and hope they go away, but now we must actively fight them less they continue to do more damage

Why does HRC need to go away?  I really don't care what she has to say but I find the whole HRC should shut up discussion to be annoying. 

She needs to go away because she's a household name with no value.  Dems need to put someone fresh & exciting out front, doing & saying the same things Hillary is and it will get more traction.  This has been the autopsy of the Dems since they lost the Presidential election and I don't think they've followed through yet.  What is the DNC doing?  Who are the new leaders?  Why is everyone still talking about Bernie Sanders and his big healthcare idea...

Hillary Clinton as a person can do what she wants.  She is an individual with freedom.  The Democratic party will be fine.  GOP had am autopsy and decided to double down on xenophobia instead.  I think dems in office have done a good job ad the minority party.  Either that or GOP are just terrible I'm the majority.

Hillary Clinton as a person can do what she wants.  She is an individual with freedom.  The Democratic party will be fine.  GOP had am autopsy and decided to double down on xenophobia instead.  I think dems in office have done a good job ad the minority party.  Either that or GOP are just terrible I'm the majority.

She is an individual who can do what she wants but when she comes out doing her "What Happened" book tour which is basically the dumbest idea ever, she looks old & sad & bitter, a loser with no answers, no recourse

Speaking her mind because she has a right and speaking her mind and trying to be a person of influence are two different things. Her problem is that even if she is 100% right about something, she lost, so nobody wants to hear it. Being right about something is not what matters, it is credibility, and right now, every time she speaks, she hurts her credibility because people do not want to hear from her. 

She is trying to speak her mind to be a person of influence and nobody cares. Contrast her to Obama. There are probably many matters where he would like to speak his mind but stays quiet because he knows that he will have influence and credibility if he chooses his times to interject in the conversation wisely. 

If she gives it time and then speaks up, she will be held as a person of influence again. Right now, she keeps hurting herself.

Just because she is not ever going to run again does not mean she does not want to be a person of influence within political circles or the party. She is vying for the "Godfather" type roll in the party.  So that is why she should care. But you are right, if she doesn't care what anyone thinks and wants to conduct a scorched earth campaign, then she can do whatever the hell she wants. Its only her image