Klingaling87

Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen

4 minutes ago, CleveFan said:

If there’s a separate service elevator, three elevators should be fine. 

No. We were told that one of the three doubles as the service elevator. 

• Like 1

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

I still wouldn’t worry about 3 elevators for a building of that size - I lived in a 26 story building with only two for fifteen years and the only major problem occurred when one of the elevators was down for days at a time for repair purposes - but  that building was forty years old. 
The Lumen, I would assume, will have the newest efficient elevator technology and they’ll have to be judicious about monitoring move-ins and service work. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GISguy said:

I guess I haven't been down at night lately, it looks amazing with ACTUAL lights on/not construction lights. Great shots @Silent Matt!

Yes, thank you! What I find so cool about this building is that during the day it looks silver or blue depending on the angle but at night it takes on a green and black hue! She’s a chameleon!

A56A45BF-5AC1-4D71-B846-E30A499FF308.jpeg

EB52A121-60C9-4E80-B09D-568C579499C5.jpeg

9AFB49CC-7D7B-42CA-AACF-949B3A05183D.jpeg

Edited by Silent Matt
  • Love 1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

We just did our tour today.  Units are really stunning.  We are going to sign there in the next few weeks I think.

Added a few pictures my wife took on tour.

A787EF99-AFA4-479C-96D8-CDD4499D5322.jpeg

B8CB43A2-5957-4C53-90C9-05490A5139DF.jpeg

9E03A328-91DC-4E29-AEE5-056DD2785BA0.jpeg

8DF69E21-4523-479F-B4F9-F2A59436F10F.jpeg

ED7BBED0-ECB2-4604-A45F-918B07807CEF.jpeg

C87ED343-D4BC-4E01-9398-AD87E141645E.jpeg

570A9546-D86A-47E7-9D11-44948B210E8E.jpeg

346EA365-B11A-429C-B770-49E8124079DE.jpeg

6B1C5157-71AE-4426-A4CA-71D751254EEF.jpeg

Edited by Ruken
Added pictures from tour.
  • Like 15

^ Glad to hear that. Just out of interest, how many people were on your tour? When we did ours all 10 spots were booked, but only three of us actually turned up. The building manager suggested that wasn’t the first time that’d happened. Got me thinking that they should be charging something nominal to filter out people who are not serious. 

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

1 hour ago, roman totale XVII said:

^ Glad to hear that. Just out of interest, how many people were on your tour? When we did ours all 10 spots were booked, but only three of us actually turned up. The building manager suggested that wasn’t the first time that’d happened. Got me thinking that they should be charging something nominal to filter out people who are not serious. 

Charge and refund on check-in at your tour would be the most logical thing, although then you pay for payment processing.

4 hours ago, roman totale XVII said:

Mine was full actually.  They split us into two smaller groups four tours. 

My only complaint is that all the 2 bdrs are in prospect side of building, would have enjoyed those city views. 

• Like 2

If all the 2 bedrooms face East , I’m a bit surprised by that design.  I guess the logic to it would be that they wanted to increase capacity for the city views that will be most in demand. 
Still, it would’ve been nice for a line of the more expensive 2 bedroom units to have that western view.  The city and the sunsets- wow. 

I just finished up a hosted virtual tour.  The finished apartments look great.  Here are some interesting tidbits, including a few things that I didn't previously realize:

- The top (35th) floor is a Sky Lounge amenity deck. As far as I can tell, everything that isn't mechanicals is a shared common space. There are both indoor and outdoor areas on that floor.  The northeast corner has a viewing deck - you can make it out in some of the renderings.  The northwest corner is also open air.

- There are video tours of a few units on the web page.  Go to the "Floorplans" page to find them.

- The kitchens feature gas ranges and all (?) units have full sized washer / dryer.

- Each apartment floor has basically the same floor plan of 11 apartments, except for the penthouse floors 33 and 34 (6 penthouses each floor), and the lower levels 2-4 which only have 6 apartments (the other half  of each floor is part of the garage).

1625065491_Lumen32ndfloorviewofdowntownlores.png.0a1b669953804a682e4aeba4b871f965.png

North is down in this floor plan of the 35th floor Sky Lounge level:

1716326101_Lumen35thfloorskylounge.thumb.png.5d6b4210f38bb5def2b33437ae4869fc.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wow, so many floor plans to choose from.The interiors remind me a lot of The Beacon. 

Also, I feel sorry for the tenants with this view. 😂

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 4.42.14 PM.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pleco said:

Hit the breaks. Where did this horizontal striping come from? Sorry for poor quality screengrab.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 6 (1).jpg

Good question. There had been previous debates about the aesthetics of the verticle stripes on the two sides, now they've also added horizontal stripes too. Are they on the same sides (south and east)?

Edited by Frmr CLEder
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Frmr CLEder said:

Good question. There had been previous debates about the aesthetics of the verticle stripes on the two sides, now they've also added horizontal stripes too. Are they on the same sides (south and east)?

OMG, those look awful!! Someone tell them to stop!!

to me it looks like those horizontal stripes near the top of the building is just the sun hitting the floor plates just right...  the building is completely glass after all...

• Like 1

Ok, i had to run over and take a look.  The aluminum cladding  was removed.  Looks like they have to re-install it.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, mack34 said:

I love this view.... give me a “Boston” vibe.  

C3090682-3EDA-4E1F-B092-A4BAD6923015.jpeg

Great creative shot !  It does remind me of Boston with the combination of a modern blue high rise contrasted by historical architecture. I love seeing the new rising in Cleveland side by side with the restoration and repurposing of so many previously neglected wonderful old buildings downtown. 

• Like 5

Nice winter time view there! I'd like to see how much is visible from there when the leaves come in! Maybe another pic in a few months for us st the same spot??    Good catch! Boston or central park!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mack34 said:

I love this view.... give me a “Boston” vibe.  

C3090682-3EDA-4E1F-B092-A4BAD6923015.jpeg

For comparison, here is a picture I took in Boston last Spring of a new tower that looks quite similar to Lumen. 

DA04EDD7-53CA-496B-BFF1-8FF17FB724DB.thumb.jpeg.f14ef53f529d66f0df54c29f13846cad.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, skiwest said:

How is the garage “curtain” looking?  

As of today, not much different from the above picture, just the vertical slats are installed the whole length of the garage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/22/2020 at 7:56 AM, mack34 said:

Ok, i had to run over and take a look.  The aluminum cladding  was removed.  Looks like they have to re-install it.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

As I recall the South and East sides of the building were supposed to have these verticle stripes; the North and West sides were not.