Klingaling87

Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen

On 11/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, Pleco said:

Counting the days till I can see this juggernaut again...

spGzoXO.png?1

So I spent the weekend at an AirBnB in the Pierce building.  13th floor, 1 Bedroom/1 Bath.  637 sq ft.  Its monthly rent is $4050/month.  2 Bedrooms go for over $5500.  I'll be curious to see what the Lumen pricing looks like

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mack34 said:

So I spent the weekend at an AirBnB in the Pierce building.  13th floor, 1 Bedroom/1 Bath.  637 sq ft.  Its monthly rent is $4050/month.  2 Bedrooms go for over $5500.  I'll be curious to see what the Lumen pricing looks like

I think 1B1B will go for 1500

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, originaljbw said:

From Carnegie in ClevelandClinicLand the Lumen fills a nice gap in the skyline

20191112_161034.jpg

If you want a nice "gap filler" from that vantage point imagine something about 40 stories tall on the Jacobs lot.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Htsguy said:

If you want a nice "gap filler" from that vantage point imagine something about 40 stories tall on the Jacobs lot.

Public Square makes a huge gap in the skyline even without the adjacent surface lots.

4 hours ago, Frmr CLEder said:

Another example of the need for more bright reflective glass vs brown and black glass.

Side note, I used to work in a brown-facade building in Independence area and wow, it really made ANY weather look drab - it could be blue skies and 70 degrees yet it always looked as if it was storming and meh. I wouldn't wish darker windows on anyone but my worst enemies. 

49 minutes ago, Paul in Cleveland said:

From this morning ... from the 26th floor of 1111 Superior.

IMG_4578.thumb.JPG.065f111311a4afb143c664d288435af2.JPG

It may be cold as $#@&, but somehow the clear skies, sunshine and that reflective glass, make it seem a little warmer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul in Cleveland said:

From this morning ... from the 26th floor of 1111 Superior.

IMG_4578.thumb.JPG.065f111311a4afb143c664d288435af2.JPG

Looks like they might want to move some of the cell-tower repeaters from the Keith to the Lumen when it's done!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, Htsguy said:

Even if there was a building on the Jacobs lot, the building would not be seen from this vantage point unless it was taller than the SOHIO Bldg.  Due to the configuration of PS and the way Euclid extends out from the Square the, Along with the location of the TT within the complex, there will always be irregular gaps in the Public Square skyline looking from the East.

And how handsome of a building is the Crowne Plaza (formerly Wyndham) 25 years later? I never noticed the lighted ring on top til now. PSF been killing it for years.

• Like 5

I was thinking the same thing. The new Hilton also looks good in there.   I nominate this shot for one of the pics of the year on UO Northeast Ohio - and there have been a lot of great ones! Thanks to the forum members in town who take or share these great perspectives for all us Clevelanders -near and far. 

Edited by CleveFan
  • Like 3

Just now, mack34 said:

Little more then a year ago, they poured the concrete mat...... what a year!

I thought the Lumen was built atop caissons? Can you confirm/refute this @Jenny

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

On 11/25/2019 at 1:35 AM, marty15 said:

And how handsome of a building is the Crowne Plaza (formerly Wyndham) 25 years later? I never noticed the lighted ring on top til now. PSF been killing it for years.

And it occupies the nicest intersection in Cleveland looking west down Euclid and Huron. I like the  triangular intersections that Huron creates here and also Prospect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mack34 said:

Little more then a year ago, they poured the concrete mat...... what a year!

4E1FADD7-CECC-4523-BD51-274676B53F3A.jpeg

E05F3B9D-C524-47F7-9C00-407DFC35004E.jpeg

I'm amazed how quickly this thing went up. What a way to close out the decade that began with the E@Y building.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, shack said:

And it occupies the nicest intersection in Cleveland looking west down Euclid and Huron. I like the  triangular intersections that Huron creates here and also Prospect.

I'm even starting to like the chandelier. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJP said:

I thought the Lumen was built atop caissons? Can you confirm/refute this @Jenny

The matt was poured on top of 9 Caissons.  The Caissons were roughly 185' deep.  None of the steel ties into those caissons however.  The caissons were for a counterweight effect of the matt.  Think more stability for the matt.  The matt is actually the support for the building.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

11 hours ago, shack said:

I'm amazed how quickly this thing went up. What a way to close out the decade that began with the E@Y building.

And barring some unforeseen  national/international catastrophe, there’s every reason to believe it will be the Roaring 20’s in development in Cleveland this next decade. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CleveFan said:

And barring some unforeseen  national/international catastrophe, there’s every reason to believe it will be the Roaring 20’s in development in Cleveland this next decade. 

A return back to the Gilded Age is not necessarily a good thing for most people. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2