Klingaling87

Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen

2 hours ago, urbanetics_ said:

Been an UrbanOhio lurker for a long time and now decided to join the fun. Here’s a great view of how the Lumen is totally transforming Euclid Ave through Playhouse Square as seen this afternoon.

This area will really be something, especially at night with all of the theatre lights, the chandelier, and soon, our glassy new tower😍

EBA2A989-88EE-4577-8563-FDB3EB725851.jpeg

Best first post yet!!

Seem to be a lot of first-posters posting. Great to see!

• Like 8

"Your community is your commodity, my commodity & everyone's commodity." -- borrowing on silly slogans in Cleveland's Ohio City

6 hours ago, urbanetics_ said:

Been an UrbanOhio lurker for a long time and now decided to join the fun. Here’s a great view of how the Lumen is totally transforming Euclid Ave through Playhouse Square as seen this afternoon.

This area will really be something, especially at night with all of the theatre lights, the chandelier, and soon, our glassy new tower😍

Welcome to UO, urbanetics_!

• Like 1

Does anyone know where the glass curtain walls are being made?  There is a shop not far from me that has a number of large crates of blue glass sitting around.....thinking it could be Lumen glass.

• Like 1

That's not the Bulkley Building. That's the Keith Building. The Bulkley Building is much shorter (eight stories), although it is designed so that you can add more stories on top of it.

Edited by KJP

"Your community is your commodity, my commodity & everyone's commodity." -- borrowing on silly slogans in Cleveland's Ohio City

8 minutes ago, KJP said:

That's not the Bulkley Building. That's the Keith Building. The Bulkley Building is much shorter (eight stories), although it is designed so that you can add more stories on top of it.

I’m pretty sure @Terdolph was joking since we’ve given him such a hard time about the “covering the BP Building comment” over on the NuCLEus thread. Especially since he has said that the Keith building is one of his favorites. And doesn’t the view in that picture have the Lumen blocking what would have previously been a (not particularly impressive) view of the Bulkley Building?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you can stand in the middle of Euclid Avenue and roll a bowling ball without consequence....

3 minutes ago, KJP said:

When you can stand in the middle of Euclid Avenue and roll a bowling ball without consequence....

Its 7:30 am on the 4th.....not much traffic anywhere!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, mack34 said:

Its 7:30 am on the 4th.....not much traffic anywhere!

Unfortunately, it could also have been at noon on any weekday. 

• Like 1
  • Poison 1
  • Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, KJP said:

Unfortunately, it could also have been at noon on any weekday. 

Huh?  There's plenty of people on that part of Euclid at noon on a weekday.

• Like 10

It's not as bad as Superior east of Public Square, but still not good. A friend from Chicago who grew up in Lakewood has often remarked at how quiet Euclid Avenue is. So has my Ukrainian wife who reminds me that the main street in her native city of 200,000 people is far busier than Euclid.

But I'm taking this thread off topic. My apologies.

• Confused 1

On 7/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, KFM44107 said:

It really does extend Euclid Avenue. Remember a few years ago before the Edge was built? That section was a dead zone.

Now if they just demolish the lowly Comfort Inn east of The Edge and replace it with something more substantial.

I was out in Gordon park, Beautiful natural trial there if you havent been.  Took a couple of pictures!  I will go back here later this year!!

IMG_0735.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, G00pie said:

I was out in Gordon park, Beautiful natural trial there if you havent been.  Took a couple of pictures!  I will go back here later this year!!

IMG_0735.jpg

Gotta love that blimp! Almost a permanent fixture of the city.

• Like 2

I can never get too many views and perspectives of the Lumen😍

And check out that beautiful reflection of the Keith Building in its shiny new windows👀

This project is transformational for our city in so many ways.

6784CCD0-766D-4072-A8F8-DD7934AD22DE.jpeg

3B19D538-4239-44E7-96C8-F0756D476F94.jpeg

6C526116-9A99-4EDA-B40C-87D7E69E2270.jpeg

05FA16EF-9069-4809-8B00-724160B3E7AD.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Terdolph said:

Hmmm.....

That reflection is nice.

I wonder how this building would look in Terdolph Park?

You are really trying to make "Terdolph Park" a thing!  LMAO

keegan-michael key lol GIF by HULU

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Terdolph said:

The world class signage should be up soon.

"Welcome to Terdolph Park"

Storm the greenspace at Euclid & E. 66th—they can’t stop all of us [from turning it into Terdolph Park] 😉

• Haha 3

"We each pay a fabulous price
  for our visions of paradise."
     - ????, ???????

The floor-to-ceiling glass is pretty, but that looks like some pretty thin insulation at the floor and it seems like it will be cold next to those windows.  I wish architects would take a more energy-efficient approach.  Even the best windows don't provide as good an insulation value as a cheap wall. 

12 hours ago, Foraker said:

The floor-to-ceiling glass is pretty, but that looks like some pretty thin insulation at the floor and it seems like it will be cold next to those windows.  I wish architects would take a more energy-efficient approach.  Even the best windows don't provide as good an insulation value as a cheap wall. 

But people want their Floor-Ceiling windows!

2 minutes ago, CCC said:

From the upper deck of PF:

9748B0D9-F1D9-443C-BD75-BCC076185C5A.jpeg

Nuts that they don't build around the cemetery being this close to the ball park and arena. Just a matter of time.

• Like 3

Just rode my bike past, and I know a couple people have alluded to this, but I don't think we can overstate how transformational this tower will be.

Imagine someone from Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, et al comes to town for a play.... they walk out of the theater and see a beautiful, new residential tower versus a surface lot. The impression that gives goes from a city "with some cool things going for it" to a city "that's got it going on"

• Like 12
  • Love 1