Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen

2 hours ago, Boomerang_Brian said:

But it blocks the view of the BP Building from CSU’s campus!

FD25AA43-3638-4A0B-B446-A09C9A838C3B.thumb.png.10cf27d478dea177b6e131334ec557ef.png

I'm teasing. And I agree that it is one of the best looking buildings in town.  

My favorite building in town is without a doubt the Walker@Weeks Federal Reserve Building. That 's blocked too!

Of course The Lumen is the main attraction - but, it has also brought renewed appreciation to its neighbors, particularly the stately Keith Building, as noted by several others above. The Lumen seems to be already changing the feel of the eastern side of downtown  - at still only about half of its planned  height. Gonna be fun to see its eventual presence in the skyline from various perspectives. 

• Like 1

The Lumen finally starting to peek out in view from my apartment at the Chesterfield Building. Crazy to think this will more than be double the height of the Hanna Building. I'm ready for this crane to jump Thursday! 

IMG_0814.jpg

Edited by misco182
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, misco182 said:

The Lumen finally starting to peek out in view from my apartment at the Chesterfield Building. Crazy to think this will more than be double the height of the Hanna Building. I'm ready for this crane to jump Thursday! 

IMG_0814.jpg

Is that a tennis court? Where is this at?

From the Sphere's website:

COMMUNITY AMENITIES

Rooftop Swimming Pool with sundeck

Fitness Center with strength training room and yoga room

Billiards and Game Rooms

Resident Lounge with Widescreen Televisions

Tennis Court and Courtyard with Barbecue Grills (Re-Opening Spring '19)

Business Center with WiFi Access

Located in Trendy Playhouse Square

Minutes Local Restaurants

Minutes from Public Transit

15 Minutes to Cleveland Clinic Hospital

Parking Garage Available

Central Laundry Facility

Package Acceptance

24 Hour Concierge

24 Hour Onsite Maintenance

I realize CSU is on summer break, but damn that looks desolate.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

1 hour ago, GISguy said:

You have to zoom in but snapped this while biking back from Wade Oval Weds

20190619_202713.jpg

I'm struck how little traffic Euclid has thanks to the healthline. It's actually a very quite street compared to the double lanes of Chester. Much more pedestrian friendly. And yes I see the Lumen leaking thru.

• Like 2

It's a very pedestrian-friendly street. All we need now are some pedestrians! ?

OK...OK... I'll get back to the Lumen.

• Like 1

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

26 minutes ago, KJP said:

It's a very pedestrian-friendly street. All we need now are some pedestrians! ?

OK...OK... I'll get back to the Lumen.

I think that between shows at playhouse, summer events such as Jazz Fest, etc the area is fine. Not really much in the photographed immediate area that caters to a non student population. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imjustinjk said:

I think that between shows at playhouse, summer events such as Jazz Fest, etc the area is fine. Not really much in the photographed immediate area that caters to a non student population. 

at least there are no empty parking lots with overgrown grass anywhere to be seen

• Like 1

plenty of pedestrians between between Playhouse Square and Public Square that will soon be increasing significantly. The narrow sidewalks (after CSU) will make it look like there are even more. 

15 minutes ago, imjustinjk said:

When I was coming down Euclid (and meant to mention in my original comment), is that hopefully the Lumen continues the growth of population down Euclid past CSU. To think of apartments/housing sprawling down that corridor would be awesome and would provide the bike/ped/bus traffic that would make the area pop, it seems like Midtown is helping with that effort with the buzz going on down that way...

PS- Didn't mean to derail the discussion off the Lumen!!

Edited by GISguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tj111 said:

We have some new crane sections showing up this morning.

20190620_095637.jpg

I'm a little confused with this picture. It looks as if the Euclid side of the parking structure (foreground) is sloped as if it will be a ramp but shouldn't that be the ceiling of the first floor retail space? 

3 hours ago, imjustinjk said:

It's starting to become a campus. Perhaps they need to mix it up a bit being downtown.

Shiny. Definitely, shiny. Definitely.

Yep...I'm in movie quote mode today.

• Haha 1

It's only halfway. 

• Like 2