Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen

Looks to be just about two weeks. But based on the current floor because it houses the amenities like the pool, additional cement & support is needed, so extra time allotted. We should be seeing beacon speed which was about a floor every week and half to two weeks. 

• Like 2

Yesterdays floor pour was only nine days from the previous pour.  The tower/apt floor plates are smaller and likely more standardized so I would guess we will see two floors every two weeks. Will soon be time to adjust the web camera also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sooner said:

Yesterdays floor pour was only nine days from the previous pour.  The tower/apt floor plates are smaller and likely more standardized so I would guess we will see two floors every two weeks. Will soon be time to adjust the web camera also.

Yeah my guess is that they’ll get to a floor every 4-5 days. We were able to accomplish close to that on the Hilton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GISguy said:

Anyone want to try a rendering from this angle? (I'll get a blue skies pic when they come back haha)

For a start the crane looks like it's at about half the finished height.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, marty15 said:

Here ya go ?

F2227225-607A-49AF-A377-9D104204B7FF.jpeg

Awesome! Assuming we have blue skies today I'll try and get up there again, not that this needs any work! Impressed with the UO photoshop skills!!!

I was coming into town from the east the other day and I know it's been discussed 100x over, but it can't be overstated what an impact this will have on our skyline/expanding the downtown footprint...not to mention if something gets built on the lots behind the theaters, that'd be nuts!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jbdad2 said:

Anybody have updated street-level pics of the project?  Last pics show 5 completed floors.  Still tracking at about 1 floor every two weeks?

I'll walk over that way at lunch today and snap some new pics ? 

As promised. Worth noting- the parking garage is starting to break upwards- those are the foundations of that towards the end of the photoset.

20190408_124627.jpg

20190408_124658.jpg

20190408_124704.jpg

20190408_124753.jpg

20190408_124758.jpg

20190408_125010.jpg

20190408_125022.jpg

20190408_125039.jpg

20190408_125058.jpg

Craneboi:

20190408_124853.jpg

Edited by GISguy
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, roman totale XVII said:

From the Hanna parking deck this bright and clear morning. 

638F0865-11B7-430B-842D-211BAD08BA95.jpeg

Great framing of the Keith Building! - if we all had more time it'd be cool to get up here like weekly and take a pic from the same spot/timelapse it as it climbs. I know there's a webcam, but where's the fun in that? lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, osu4brutus03 said:

That area will have a New Year Time Square feel once completed

I hope not!  I prefer to have a Playhouse Square uniquely Cleveland feel!

I get what you're trying to say, but don't think the comparison is needed. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not to get off topic but I was using MayDay's second photo to imagine a couple of twenty story buildings on the city club and spaghetti house lots per the speculations in a couple of other threads this weekend.

There’s a certain elegance in the egg shell white of the Keith and the Lumen’s other immediate older neighbors - the Lumen’s modern blueish facade will be very complimentary ( in addition to its obvious vertical presence.)  Just a refreshing different  feel from the brown wash of the Public Square - Euclid area. 

I love the location of the Lumen - I think it’s been said a number of times already but it will really expand the skyline and feel of downtown eastward.  What bothers me about I see from those airplane windows is the vast expanse of parking lot spaces on the west side - which are obvious even from far above the city. Ugh. 

3 hours ago, Terdolph said:

I really would have preferred to see this building on the  E 12th residential corridor. 

It blocks sight lines to the gorgeous B.F. Keith bldg.

Moreover, with the Mather having been moved, why can't the cruise ships dock at the end of E. 9th?   It is much more pleasant than where they have to dock now, better access to public transportation, within walking distance of venues, etc.

Euclid Ave is the residential corridor.  When everything is complete, there will be almost 3000 units facing or on corner of Euclid.  Its the most pedestrian friendly street in the city.  Keith Building isnt disappearing, its just next to another dynamic building.....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Terdolph said:

I really would have preferred to see this building on the  E 12th residential corridor. 

It blocks sight lines to the gorgeous B.F. Keith bldg.

Moreover, with the Mather having been moved, why can't the cruise ships dock at the end of E. 9th?   It is much more pleasant than where they have to dock now, better access to public transportation, within walking distance of venues, etc.

The Lumen will only partially  block out the Keith due to the buildings rather skinny and being perpendicular to the street. The low parking lot portion of the Lumen will not block out the Keith very much.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:41 PM, Terdolph said:

I'm not sure of the full reasons, but I imagine it might have something to do with the fact that they have to go through a Customs check when they get off the boat and they have mobile Customs units at the Port. I suspect it may be more difficult to do that in a site like the E 9th St Pier where the dock isn't in a contained area.

But as far as the Lumen goes, I'm much more interested in what it does to the street level along such a busy portion of Euclid than I am about what views it blocks in the skyline. 

Edited by TPH2
  • Like 3

That's a very cool photo. 

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock