Klingaling87

Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen (Playhouse Square Tower)

From those great angles, it's obviously taller than the Hanna now.

• Like 1

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

Some views of The Lumen from yesterday's Indians game. I was really interested in seeing how it was going to look from different parts of the ballpark, so I strolled around the upper deck for a bit. Also got one nice shot encompassing both it and The Beacon!

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 2

What a beautiful photo taken & tweeted by @TPH2 

D-MqJhOXoAAvJ-A?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 7
  • Love 1

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

Been an UrbanOhio lurker for a long time and now decided to join the fun. Here’s a great view of how the Lumen is totally transforming Euclid Ave through Playhouse Square as seen this afternoon.

This area will really be something, especially at night with all of the theatre lights, the chandelier, and soon, our glassy new tower😍

EBA2A989-88EE-4577-8563-FDB3EB725851.jpeg

• Like 30

2 hours ago, urbanetics_ said:

Been an UrbanOhio lurker for a long time and now decided to join the fun. Here’s a great view of how the Lumen is totally transforming Euclid Ave through Playhouse Square as seen this afternoon.

This area will really be something, especially at night with all of the theatre lights, the chandelier, and soon, our glassy new tower😍

EBA2A989-88EE-4577-8563-FDB3EB725851.jpeg

Best first post yet!!

Seem to be a lot of first-posters posting. Great to see!

• Like 8

6 hours ago, urbanetics_ said:

Welcome to UO, urbanetics_!

• Like 1

Does anyone know where the glass curtain walls are being made?  There is a shop not far from me that has a number of large crates of blue glass sitting around.....thinking it could be Lumen glass.

• Like 1

That's not the Bulkley Building. That's the Keith Building. The Bulkley Building is much shorter (eight stories), although it is designed so that you can add more stories on top of it.

Edited by KJP

8 minutes ago, KJP said:

That's not the Bulkley Building. That's the Keith Building. The Bulkley Building is much shorter (eight stories), although it is designed so that you can add more stories on top of it.

I’m pretty sure @Terdolph was joking since we’ve given him such a hard time about the “covering the BP Building comment” over on the NuCLEus thread. Especially since he has said that the Keith building is one of his favorites. And doesn’t the view in that picture have the Lumen blocking what would have previously been a (not particularly impressive) view of the Bulkley Building?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you can stand in the middle of Euclid Avenue and roll a bowling ball without consequence....

3 minutes ago, KJP said:

When you can stand in the middle of Euclid Avenue and roll a bowling ball without consequence....

Its 7:30 am on the 4th.....not much traffic anywhere!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, mack34 said:

Its 7:30 am on the 4th.....not much traffic anywhere!

Unfortunately, it could also have been at noon on any weekday. 

• Like 1
  • Poison 1
  • Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, KJP said:

Unfortunately, it could also have been at noon on any weekday. 

Huh?  There's plenty of people on that part of Euclid at noon on a weekday.

• Like 10

It's not as bad as Superior east of Public Square, but still not good. A friend from Chicago who grew up in Lakewood has often remarked at how quiet Euclid Avenue is. So has my Ukrainian wife who reminds me that the main street in her native city of 200,000 people is far busier than Euclid.

But I'm taking this thread off topic. My apologies.

• Confused 1

On 7/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, KFM44107 said:

It really does extend Euclid Avenue. Remember a few years ago before the Edge was built? That section was a dead zone.

Now if they just demolish the lowly Comfort Inn east of The Edge and replace it with something more substantial.

I was out in Gordon park, Beautiful natural trial there if you havent been.  Took a couple of pictures!  I will go back here later this year!!

IMG_0735.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, G00pie said:

I was out in Gordon park, Beautiful natural trial there if you havent been.  Took a couple of pictures!  I will go back here later this year!!

IMG_0735.jpg

Gotta love that blimp! Almost a permanent fixture of the city.

• Like 2