Klingaling87

Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen (Playhouse Square Tower)

2 hours ago, MayDay said:

We’ve got glass!

Perhaps I'm showing my naivety on this, but is it normal to put glass on this early? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GISguy said:

Perhaps I'm showing my naivety on this, but is it normal to put glass on this early? 

In some cases. I'm betting they are trying to get that floor sealed off from the weather to get to work on the inside. That way they'll have workers doing finishes/MEPs etc while they're still pouring floors above.

• Love 1

Just now, GISguy said:

This building has progressed enough to allow the build-out of the lower floors to get moving and head upwards. Normal.

^ That's more about Arbor Construction, I hope they don't do nuCLEus. I don't know if the CM has been announced for that yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freethink said:

^ That's more about Arbor Construction, I hope they don't do nuCLEus. I don't know if the CM has been announced for that yet.

Dont know if it’s been announced, but it’s Cleveland Construction.  

Should start seeing some glass on Lumen in the next couple months is my guess. They’ll need to start soon so that it follows the tower as it goes up and hopefully be buttoned up by winter time. 

Edited by Klingaling87
Removed comments unrelated to Lumen
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I just looked at Cleveland Construction website and under the projects section it seems that they have done/are doing plenty of urban high-rise projects ( out of state), maybe I am missing something?

26 minutes ago, cfdwarrior said:

I just looked at Cleveland Construction website and under the projects section it seems that they have done/are doing plenty of urban high-rise projects ( out of state), maybe I am missing something?

I wouldn’t categorize the one hotel in Asheville as “plenty”. They don’t have the experience you would want for this type of project.

14 hours ago, MayDay said:

And the view from Progressive Field.

A8D120DD-B432-4A1B-A539-5434D9B9E2A6.jpeg

That view is a lot more intetesting than whats happening on the field! Love how that view brings the Rhodes Tower into the skyline. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CLE_Millennial said:

The Hanna building is almost exactly the half-way mark.

Hanna building = 194ft

The Lumen = 396ft

It's going to dwarf the surrounding buildings.

No matter how many times this is pointed out, it's just nuts how it'll really transform that part of town. I moved here about 3-4 years ago, looks like I picked the right time! lol

Good on the Playhouse Square Foundation for moving this project forward super, super fast.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GISguy said:

No matter how many times this is pointed out, it's just nuts how it'll really transform that part of town. I moved here about 3-4 years ago, looks like I picked the right time! lol

Good on the Playhouse Square Foundation for moving this project forward super, super fast.

Welcome!  Keep up the good work!  

• Thanks 1

^^World Class Glass, and World Class Signage in the same pic.

We need some of this new construction on the lots between Chester and Payne, around E. 12th.  Not changing the topic- I'll have to go there and take a pic to show just how much those lots suck when compared to the surrounding activity. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oldmanladyluck said:

^^World Class Glass, and World Class Signage in the same pic.

We need some of this new construction on the lots between Chester and Payne, around E. 12th.  Not changing the topic- I'll have to go there and take a pic to show just how much those lots suck when compared to the surrounding activity. 

Good timing. Stay tuned....

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

I hope that the E 12th residential corridor gets completed.

It has been 40 years since the Chesterfield and Park Center were completed.

FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2019

Seeds & Sprouts - Early intel on real estate projects

This is the first edition of Seeds & Sprouts - Early intelligence on Cleveland-area real estate projects. Because these projects are very early in their process of development or just a long-range plan, a lot can and probably will change their final shape, use and outcome.

Lumen-Ichabod+the+Crane-052319.jpg

Playhouse Square: The Lumen, Act II

What will Playhouse Square Foundation (PHS) in downtown Cleveland do for an encore if early leasing at The Lumen apartment tower on Euclid Avenue at East 17th Street meets or exceeds expectations? The next performance could well be another residential tower for the theater district.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/05/seeds-sprouts-early-intel-on-real.html

• Like 7

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

Aerial Agents

@aerialagents

Before and During construction of The Lumen apartment building in Playhouse Square.

D7vCWZiW4AA4ebn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

D7vCWZgWsAElgTB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 12
  • Love 1

On 5/24/2019 at 12:51 PM, mrnyc said:

now that looks to be some very nice quality glassiness. great to see it.

"world class glassiness"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mack34 said:

Whatever it is, it will be small.  I believe its only 1500 sq ft of retail space

That's quite small. About the size of a boutique store or fast food restaurant.

22 hours ago, RoabeArt said:

That's quite small. About the size of a boutique store or fast food restaurant.

I think that it'll be fine, could put something there to cater to students or residents. There's a lot of large retail spots Downtown that have been sitting vacant for a while.

1 hour ago, mrclifton88 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the Edge looks permanently unfinished?? 

It's a recurring cleveland design element.  The Edge, the Federal Building facade, the cornice on the base of the Hilton....

On 5/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, CLE_Millennial said:

The Hanna building is almost exactly the half-way mark.

Hanna building = 194ft

The Lumen = 396ft

It's going to dwarf the surrounding buildings.

Exactly what I don't like about it.

• Poison 1
  • Dislike 5