Klingaling87

Cleveland: Downtown: The Lumen (Playhouse Square Tower)

7 hours ago, Dougal said:

https://lumentysons.com/

Forgot to put a link on the above photo.  Tyson's is a huge development that has been constantly under construction for about 40 years. It is in the running for the most pedestrian-unfriendly place in the region.

And, yet, it's easily accessible by Metro.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:54 PM, Dougal said:

https://lumentysons.com/

Forgot to put a link on the above photo.  Tyson's is a huge development that has been constantly under construction for about 40 years. It is in the running for the most pedestrian-unfriendly place in the region.

I've stayed there many times at that Ritz Carlton and would agree--unless you want to hang out in the hotel or mall, walking is a dangerous exercise in 9 lane rare crosswalks! 

54 minutes ago, MayDay said:

They haven't jumped the crane yet, but looks like they've adjusted the construction cam.

yes yes yes GIF

Hopefully they will one day they will remove that tacky over-sized chandelier in the middle of the street and just keep the arches. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Dislike 4

^ the problem with that is that the arches would be left just begging to have a chandelier hanging from them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was driving down Euclid the other day and just the mere presence of this building under construction already gives the area more of an urban vibe compared to when it was a surface lot. Super excited for the finished product 🤩

Edited by Stormtrek
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Stormtrek said:

I was driving down Euclid the other day and just the mere presence of this building under construction already gives the area more of an urban vibe compared to when it was a surface lot. Super excited for the finished product 🤩

You're absolutely right. A seven story building would have made a drastic impact on the feel of the street. I'm happy we're getting a 20+'er though!!!

• Like 1

It also ties  in that recently completed CSU student housing building (forgot the name) to downtown proper, creating a nice transitional and contiguous  wall with the campus district and theater district. Great place to be a student theater actor at CSU! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shack said:

It also ties  in that recently completed CSU student housing building (forgot the name) to downtown proper, creating a nice transitional and contiguous  wall with the campus district and theater district. Great place to be a student theater actor at CSU! 

The Edge.  I noticed the same thing the other day when I was on Euclid at 18th.

There going to be a lot of foot traffic going thru there once its up and running. The LED sign of the garage facade should light up the place at night like Broadway!

15 hours ago, shack said:

Indeed. Still not a huge fan of the purple brick they used on the Edge's facade though 😕

These guys have been pouring almost 2 floors a week, which is an insane pace.  I know they are working weekends, but not sure what their shift schedule is like during the day.  Very possible that they have an evening shift.

What floor do you think they will be working on when the MLB All-Star game rolls into town?

I am guessing somewhere around the 20th floor.

39 minutes ago, simplythis said:

What floor do you think they will be working on when the MLB All-Star game rolls into town?

I am guessing somewhere around the 20th floor.

It's 7 weeks away (from yesterday).  If they keep up at the pace they're moving, I think they may be over 25 floors by then.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 3:00 PM, tj111 said:

From today.  Also looks like they are prepping forms to put the 2nd deck on the parking garage.

20190513_115439.jpg

20190513_122049.jpg

On these pics above. Love that angle with view of the flats. Yes I prefer downtown views of skyline and even boxed in views of other building across the street you see in other cities but that would get old overtime I feel. My sister who lives in Chicago when working downtown told me once her most favorite view was being able to see sliver of Lake Michigan between the buildings. This building being on east end wont get good skyline views? Euclid side only chance it appears but I could see myself reading a good book on a cold winter day pausing to look out at the flats. One of the best views I enjoyed was posted on here years ago Maybe the one across from the 9 that got rehabbed??. Don't remember name but around 9th and Euclid. Could look all the way down ninth and I think Euclid both ways and looked very urban.

What's rent going for this when opened and are they taking leases yet? If so is it getting filled nicely? Probably too soon for that yet.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, Oldmanladyluck said:

🙂 Nice to see this is beginning to move along quickly now.  Makes me want more construction!!

The downtown seems to have had a crane up almost continuous this decade.  Starting with Ernst and Young, Hilton-a slight break- Beacon and now Lumen. Next Nucleus and maybe finally a super tall after that! Plus with all the residential conversions it has been a good decade relatively speaking. Hopefully the momentum will make next decade even better. We need the office segment to come back next decade in full force.

Edited by Mildtraumatic