KJP

Immigration

3 hours ago, wpcc88 said:

We don't crack the top 10 because we don't even know how many are coming across the border, hence why we need them to come legally to track them... it's actually quite a simple concept, though it doesn't follow your narrative so I would understand why you choose to ignore it

If you're going to critique my post, could you at least accurately quote the one that you're criticizing so I don't have spend time tracking down the original post? It's actually quite a simple concept... [last part removed as I don't want to sink to the level of a Trump zombie].

Edited by KJP

In 1976, the City of Cleveland issued NINE building permits. NINE. When we start to feel down about the progress of development here vs. other cities, remember how lifeless Cleveland was and how far it's come.

3 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

Wait, so you think all those other countries are meticulously counting every single person crossing their borders? That they have exactly zero undocumented immigration?  Please.  Also, outside of potentially those from Latin America, how are refugees from the rest of the world crossing the border illegally?

I never said that because I don't believe that to be true either, but it is a whole hell of a lot but I have a pretty good feeling that it is harder to illegally get into the Western European countries on the list and Canada. Not really sure how anyone could deny that!  And to answer your second question how are they able to make it to Mexico and get into our country?  I don't have exact numbers but I do know that there are a lot more countries represented in illegal crossings into our countries southern border than those of Latin/South America.  How do they get there?  Your guess is as good as mine! 

2 hours ago, KJP said:

If you're going to critique my post, could you at least accurately quote the one that you're criticizing so I don't have spend time tracking down the original post? It's actually quite a simple concept... [last part removed as I don't want to sink to the level of a Trump zombie].

You really are the most pompous person on this forum and thanks for calling me a "Trump zombie" like you actually know my allegiances.  Maybe I could just be a realist; what I'm not is some that complains about everything someone on one side does while completely ignoring the wrong-doings of the group as a whole. 

21 hours ago, wpcc88 said:

I never said that because I don't believe that to be true either, but it is a whole hell of a lot but I have a pretty good feeling that it is harder to illegally get into the Western European countries on the list and Canada. Not really sure how anyone could deny that!  And to answer your second question how are they able to make it to Mexico and get into our country?  I don't have exact numbers but I do know that there are a lot more countries represented in illegal crossings into our countries southern border than those of Latin/South America.  How do they get there?  Your guess is as good as mine! 

Do you have any evidence to support any of this or are we supposed to rely on your feelings?

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, wpcc88 said:

You really are the most pompous person on this forum and thanks for calling me a "Trump zombie" like you actually know my allegiances.  Maybe I could just be a realist; what I'm not is some that complains about everything someone on one side does while completely ignoring the wrong-doings of the group as a whole. 

Actions and stated beliefs speak loudly; they define you and others. Most "realists" have self-deluded themselves into believing they exist in a moral, factual center of normality and that all others are misinformed or have ventured down a wrong path. When it comes to politics, I happen think such people are filthy and worthless. I have strong opinions and I hate living among those who don't share them, let alone having to hear their burps. Politics guides our lifestyles and the conditions of our surroundings, and I hate having to live the lifestyles of policymakers who make me sick. Speaking of immigration (er, emigration), if it was easy to move, I would have left this brutalist, anti-social, greed-driven country a long time ago.

In 1976, the City of Cleveland issued NINE building permits. NINE. When we start to feel down about the progress of development here vs. other cities, remember how lifeless Cleveland was and how far it's come.

14 hours ago, KJP said:

Actions and stated beliefs speak loudly; they define you and others. Most "realists" have self-deluded themselves into believing they exist in a moral, factual center of normality and that all others are misinformed or have ventured down a wrong path. When it comes to politics, I happen think such people are filthy and worthless. I have strong opinions and I hate living among those who don't share them, let alone having to hear their burps. Politics guides our lifestyles and the conditions of our surroundings, and I hate having to live the lifestyles of policymakers who make me sick. Speaking of immigration (er, emigration), if it was easy to move, I would have left this brutalist, anti-social, greed-driven country a long time ago.

Don't let the door hit ya.... maybe some greed is good and would've afforded you that opportunity, but I guess that is too big a dose of reality for you! 

Thanks again for really digging down deep to tell me how I really feel, how liberal of you... how much do I owe for this session? 

Lol that realists think all other are misinformed, that is literally what you think of me... needed that comic relief this evening

On 1/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, jonoh81 said:

Do you have any evidence to support any of this or are we supposed to rely on your feelings?

There is actual evidence of people from Southeastern Asian countries crossing illegally into our country through our southern border.. this thing that you're using is called the internet, look it up... no matter what side you're on or where you get your news, they all agree that people from that part of the world are crossing/have crossed in illegally from the south

10 hours ago, wpcc88 said:

There is actual evidence of people from Southeastern Asian countries crossing illegally into our country through our southern border.. this thing that you're using is called the internet, look it up... no matter what side you're on or where you get your news, they all agree that people from that part of the world are crossing/have crossed in illegally from the south

You made the claim and are therefore responsible for supporting it, but sure.  Based on what I've read, the numbers from outside of Latin America are tiny in terms of those crossing the borders.  The vast majority from overseas are in the US on visa violations.  As for how those few who cross the border got there... as someone who has lived in Latin America, I know there are already international immigrant populations in places like Mexico.  For example, in Mexico City, there are large Korean populations, both immigrant and native to Mexico, and growing populations from Africa and other Asian nations.  It's certainly possible some of them end up crossing the southern border.  Again, though, such numbers are a small fraction of those that fly in on a visa and just never leave.  In any case, a wall still won't work.  If those overseas people are finding a way across the southern border, why couldn't they from the northern one?  This is why addressing policy will go so much further than a manufactured crisis based on racism and fear. 

Edited by jonoh81
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, wpcc88 said:

Don't let the door hit ya.... maybe some greed is good and would've afforded you that opportunity, but I guess that is too big a dose of reality for you! 

Thanks again for really digging down deep to tell me how I really feel, how liberal of you... how much do I owe for this session? 

Lol that realists think all other are misinformed, that is literally what you think of me... needed that comic relief this evening

There's so many lazy uses of labels in that post that it's not worth responding to.

"We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented..."

Edited by KJP

Thousands more migrant kids separated from parents under Trump than previously reported

A government report says thousands more migrant children were separated from parents under Trump than reported and whether they were reunified is unknown.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/thousands-more-migrant-kids-separated-parents-under-trump-previously-reported-n959791?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

A little common sense seems to be a lot of missing lately....

Trump administration says it would require extraordinary effort to reunite migrant families

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-administration-family-separations-20190202-story.html

13 hours ago, KJP said:

Trump administration says it would require extraordinary effort to reunite migrant families

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-administration-family-separations-20190202-story.html

IOW, Trump administration admits it can't rectify an evil act because it is too incompetent to do something right. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KJP said:

JFK got us to the moon.  FDR oversaw the end of fascism in the '40s and led us out of the Great Depression.  Etc. etc.

They can reunite migrant families instead of complaining about it being "too hard" like a bunch of spoiled brats.

From the article:  The vast majority of children are released to relatives, but many of them are not parents. Of children released to sponsors in the 2017 fiscal year, 49 percent went to parents, 41 percent to close relatives like an aunt, uncle, grandparent or adult sibling and 10 percent to distant relatives, family friends and others.

It's a near certainty that a lot of these parents have been deported, many back to Central America, not just Mexico.  So there's a real question there regarding whether the 41% that are released to extended family sponsors would choose reunification if it meant deportation.  In fact, the ultimate Trump position is almost certainly that such children should be deported as promptly as possible, reunited with their families outside the U.S.  With respect to those still in immigration detention, it's possible that the parents might well choose for their children to have sponsorship residence in the US with an extended family member rather than shared space in immigration detention.

Note that I'm not making any categorical claims either way.  In general, children are in the best social environment possible when with their parents.  But I would not call these normal circumstances here.  Furthermore, of course, many of these children may have only been traveling with one parent in the first place, which might put a further thumb on the scale re: whether their welfare would be greater if they were reunited with their parent than with one or potentially two adults in their extended family.

Of course, it is an extremely fair point to make that that should be the family's option, not the government's by fiat-of-neglect.  I said above that the government handled this issue terribly.  But that doesn't mean that the ORR deputy director quoted there doesn't have a legitimate point on this issue.  Even if the government had never pursued any policy of forcible family separation and had left it up to the incarcerated parents to decide what was in the best interest of their child (or if that decision had been made by a judge in the ordinary course after a lengthier best-interests-of-the-child review instead of just an automatic and recordless executive policy), the numbers could at least be somewhat similar to those reported there (49% returned to parents, 41% to extended family, 10% other).

2 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

JFK got us to the moon.  FDR oversaw the end of fascism in the '40s and led us out of the Great Depression.  Etc. etc.

They can reunite migrant families instead of complaining about it being "too hard" like a bunch of spoiled brats.

I could do this with a bunch of Ancestory.com tests, Filemaker Pro and some college interns.    Have everyone take the test, then build a relational database of who is in what facility.   When the matches come back, you can put them together (and determine if any parents have indeed been deported...or are lying about having children in the US).   

But the Trump administration doesn't want to... 

Such kind and gentle nation we are.....

After California removed its inmates from a Mississippi private prison last year, ICE helped cover the shortfall by sending hundreds of asylum-seekers. 

Isaac Molina was shot twice in Nicaragua and is still recovering. ICE is keeping him at the prison.

https://t.co/hMqQM1q7B3

This makes me sick to my stomach. People need to go to prison for this.