gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

8 hours ago, freefourur said:

He's not stupid.  Thinking he's stupid is a way to guarantee he wins in November.

He's incompetent as a manager, he's a salesman.   But he's not focused enough to be a dictator.

Not stupid. Ignorant. 

Not a cult either....

LOL....

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

1 hour ago, KJP said:

Not stupid. Ignorant. 

Eh, I'm not so sure.  I've seen nothing to indicate that he's smart.  I think he's a bit lucky, has a lot of resources on his side, and has a tried and true pattern that seems to work.  But I don't think he came up with that himself, has any idea of what to do if it doesn't work, and relies on the people around him to constantly fix his mistakes.  

^As a millionaire thug, he knows when to buy people off or threaten people with physical or legal harm. That takes a bit of intelligence. 

1 hour ago, ck said:

Eh, I'm not so sure.  I've seen nothing to indicate that he's smart.  I think he's a bit lucky, has a lot of resources on his side, and has a tried and true pattern that seems to work.  But I don't think he came up with that himself, has any idea of what to do if it doesn't work, and relies on the people around him to constantly fix his mistakes.  

I didn't say he was smart. I said he wasn't stupid. The default isn't to respond with the opposite condition.

He is clever enough to know how to manipulate a willing audience.

6 minutes ago, KJP said:

I didn't say he was smart. I said he wasn't stupid. The default isn't to respond with the opposite condition.

Lol, ok.  Well then I'll say I think he's stupid, because he isn't normal.  Does he know a couple things, sure, but who doesn't?  He's not mentally incapacitated, but he isn't smart and he isn't normal.  Sure he can buy people off, to an extent, but even that didn't really work as is evidenced by so many people testifying against him.  He complains all day long - if he knew what he was doing he wouldn't have to complain so much.  And there's no way his schtick would work on crowds that hadn't been indoctrinated by Fox over the last 2 decades - at least not nearly to the extent it has. 

48 minutes ago, KJP said:

After all, Hitler only ever obtained the rank of corporal on his own....

3 hours ago, ck said:

Lol, ok.  Well then I'll say I think he's stupid, because he isn't normal.  Does he know a couple things, sure, but who doesn't?  He's not mentally incapacitated, but he isn't smart and he isn't normal.  Sure he can buy people off, to an extent, but even that didn't really work as is evidenced by so many people testifying against him.  He complains all day long - if he knew what he was doing he wouldn't have to complain so much.  And there's no way his schtick would work on crowds that hadn't been indoctrinated by Fox over the last 2 decades - at least not nearly to the extent it has. 

I'd say he's a talented conman, and has a true genius for finding and exploiting the lowest common denominator.  He has the same skillset as any elementary school bully- his taunts are seldom clever, but they're easy to remember and he is able to get others to chant them along with him.  He is also very good at changing the subject and constantly keeping his opponents off guard- a benefit of abandoning either logical consistency or any correspondence to the truth.

2 hours ago, ASPhotoman said:

It's sad times when I can't decipher between a joke and what's real 😂 

Because we have Trump supporters literally saying things like Trump was chosen by God.  Is it still satire when it's real?

And

30% now, by Election Day, who knows? of course this being the Atlantic, the story naturally is spun as "Trump Evil, Democrat Good". So it's a plea to those Trump-supporting apostates to straighten up and fly right before it's too late. Hopefully they'll see the light 😂

Edited by eastvillagedon

6 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

30% now, buy Election Day, who knows? of course this being the Atlantic, the story naturally is spun as "Trump Evil, Democrat Good". So it's a plea to those Trump-supporting apostates to straighten up and fly right before it's too late. Hopefully they'll see the light 😂

I’m sure that guy in the picture is a paid shill. I’m sure it gives trumpies goosebumps to see the 2-3 people of color in their audience at rallies. 

2 minutes ago, audidave said:

I’m sure that guy in the picture is a paid shill. I’m sure it gives trumpies goosebumps to see the 2-3 people of color in their audience at rallies. 

It's a feature, not a bug.

Very Stable Genius

7 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

I think 30% support suggests more than a few people😉

I don’t believe most trump polls, especially Rasmussen.  However, I can see where a good portion of people of Hispanic background that have been here for generations would vote for trump. To make this seem like a sea change and it is growing is delusional.  To me its a data point and they were able to reach and talk to older hispanics via phone lines. 

5 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

Because we have Trump supporters literally saying things like Trump was chosen by God.  Is it still satire when it's real?

Exactly. That's why it wasn't so far fetched to believe this sign wasn't a joke. 

The funniest hashtag is trending on Twitter right now: #AfterTrumpTookTruthSerum

Here are some results:

AND

AND

Learn to laugh instead of crying sometimes. 

Back to crying....

And

And

IMG_20200219_071915.jpg

Edited by KJP

Nah, he's not Putin's b!tch. Not at all...

Trump offered WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange a pardon if he covered up Russian hacking of Democrats, lawyer tells court

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/trump-offered-julian-assange-pardon-for-covering-up-russian-hacking.html

Oh those pesky details sure do get in the way of a fun conspiracy....

Edited by KJP

wow.  Anyone who thinks that case was settled and Trump exonerated wasn't paying attention.  Mueller found dozens of contacts with Russians but couldn't make an air-tight case because he wasn't allowed to interview Trump and was lied to repeatedly by Trump associates and campaign members.  So the obstruction, which many on the right said was just a process crime, prevented the investigation from fully understanding the truth of the matter, and the media and the country seem to have just let that pass along with barely a peep about it anymore.  Obstruction is a crime for very good reasons.

This seems like a pretty significant development and hopefully helps bring attention back to what appears to be one of the most severe and impactful scandals in American history. 

3 hours ago, ck said:

This seems like a pretty significant development and hopefully helps bring attention back to what appears to be one of the most severe and impactful scandals in American history. 

Meh but muh Judgez!  

19 hours ago, KJP said:

Nah, he's not Putin's b!tch. Not at all...

Trump offered WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange a pardon if he covered up Russian hacking of Democrats, lawyer tells court

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/trump-offered-julian-assange-pardon-for-covering-up-russian-hacking.html

This is absolutely bonkers, crazy town style corruption from the President and it's barely registering with the public.  I don't even think it's possible to overstate the importance of the election in November.  If Trump is defeated it's likely the nation will eventually look at each other and say, "man, that was wild", but if he's reelected it validates everything that he's done to date and he will only get more bold in his second term.  Every election is important, but this one will cement the power and reach of the Presidency, one way or another, for generations.

2 hours ago, Hootenany said:

This is absolutely bonkers, crazy town style corruption from the President and it's barely registering with the public.  I don't even think it's possible to overstate the importance of the election in November.  If Trump is defeated it's likely the nation will eventually look at each other and say, "man, that was wild", but if he's reelected it validates everything that he's done to date and he will only get more bold in his second term.  Every election is important, but this one will cement the power and reach of the Presidency, one way or another, for generations.

Quid pro quo, who's he? I dont even know the guy.

We Calculated How Much We Pay Trump to Play Golf. It Turns Out, He's America's 10th Highest Paid Athlete

https://www.theroot.com/we-calculated-how-much-we-pay-trump-to-play-golf-it-tu-1841793634

And here's more about how Trump is sucking the money and decency out of America....

Trumps america comparison.jpg

Edited by KJP

You can lead a Republican to the Constitution but you can't force them to honor it...

Edited by KJP

How do people go to these rallies and listen to him whine for hours and then think he is a tough guy?  

Edited by freefourur