gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

4 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Their constituents might find out the truth.

Excellent point.  But consider the following:

•   how many people are actually paying attention to any of this impeachment process now?  Maybe 10-20% of the population?
  •  of that percentage, how many aren't already FIRMLY in support or against Trump?  Less than 5%?   So you're talking about maybe a couple percent of people who actually care enough to pay attention and aren't already decided....  by whatever witness testimony may come....  but of course still won't be enough to remove from office. 

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

10 minutes ago, gottaplan said:

Excellent point.  But consider the following:

•   how many people are actually paying attention to any of this impeachment process now?  Maybe 10-20% of the population?
  •  of that percentage, how many aren't already FIRMLY in support or against Trump?  Less than 5%?   So you're talking about maybe a couple percent of people who actually care enough to pay attention and aren't already decided....  by whatever witness testimony may come....  but of course still won't be enough to remove from office. 

So your points are: 

- Justice/morality only matter when people are paying attention and/or are open to change their minds.

-Poll numbers exonerate presidents of their crimes.

Incredible. 

2 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

So your points are: 

- Justice/morality only matter when people are paying attention and/or are open to change their minds.

-Poll numbers exonerate presidents of their crimes.

Incredible. 

no defense of Trump whatsoever.  Just pointing out that people A) aren't really paying attention and B) dont seem to care that the guy is on trial for removal from office

But excellent summary.

^I guarantee way more people are staying aware of what is going on.  It can be via Twitter or news services even if people are not watching the whole thing.  Why would 70% of people be wanting witnesses?

3 minutes ago, gottaplan said:

no defense of Trump whatsoever.  Just pointing out that people A) aren't really paying attention and B) dont seem to care that the guy is on trial for removal from office

But excellent summary.

That was definitely a defense of Trump.  Your point was that they shouldn't bother trying to find damning evidence.  Why be so cowardly to defend the man, and then say you're not?

2 hours ago, gottaplan said:

I'm curious why the media keeps talking about maybe 4 repub senators crossing the aisle...  for what?  Testimony? 

You answered your own question. Yes, testimony... which is exactly what that quoted tweet references, not removal. 

nothing but window dressing.  Dems barely control 47 senate seats, a couple of those are actually independents but whatever.  So they need 2/3 Senators to vote to remove from office.  So they need like TWENTY republican senators to cross the aisle.   

Most people I talk to, albeit not politically astute, seem to realize that 67 is the magic number, not 51...

NPR, and other outlets, have made this quite clear. They're specifically covering who may cross for testimony, because that is where the current events are at this point in time. 

1 hour ago, gottaplan said:

Wait are you talking about Trump or the Bidens?

Ah, there we go. But "muh media" and "muh Bidens." Just like with the GOP constantly bringing up Obama yesterday... he's not on trial. Whether you like/liked him or not, that's not the matter at hand. 

And even still, the GOP held significant power both when Obama was president, Biden was VP, Hillary was Secretary of State, etc. Yet, they did... nothing? Hell, how many times have we heard rants about "muh Benghazi!" Yet, they never went after their sworn enemy, Hillary Clinton?

3 minutes ago, X said:

That was definitely a defense of Trump.  Your point was that they shouldn't bother trying to find damning evidence.  Why be so cowardly to defend the man, and then say you're not?

it's all for show.  I can't figure out why he is even president.  I don't plan on voting for him either.  I'd have no issues with really any of the democratic candidates being president with a republican controlled congress.

7 minutes ago, audidave said:

This is the critical period now with the GOP Senators caucusing to figure out how big is the sentiment for witnesses. 

You mean, this is the meeting where McConnell threatens them to get in line.

Very Stable Genius

3 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

isn't the topic of this thread The Trump Presidency? At least that's what I'm seeing.

Care to discuss the numerous discussions at hand or any of the other questions addressed to you across the pages? Or are you just gonna drop Stephen Miller fed headlines and hope Ram shows up?

Edited by Gordon Bombay

3 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

lol good source of unbiased information: The Washington Post!

You mean a newspaper with trained, educated journalists?

You'd do well to recall two WaPo employees who investigated this. I know you're old enough to remember it. 

Edited by Gordon Bombay

LOL

Trump investigation.jpg

2 hours ago, gottaplan said:

But excellent summary.

The "people don't care" claim is a widespread Trump defender talking point.  And it would not matter if 0 people cared because trials aren't popularity contests.  They are about justice and the law.  But excellent summary.

1 hour ago, eastvillagedon said:

actually it's more mainstream conservative, and the article is based on a Gallup survey, one of the most respected pollsters around.

"mainstream" must not mean the same as it used to.

2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

actually it's more mainstream conservative, and the article is based on a Gallup survey, one of the most respected pollsters around.

It was created and owned by that right-wing sh!tstain Philip Anschutz for the sole purpose of espousing his pro-oligarchy/corpocracy, anti-freedom propaganda. He and his billionaire buddies, including Bezos, Soros et al, can all rot in hell.

3 hours ago, gottaplan said:

But excellent summary.

I haven't watched a minute of the House or Senate proceedings. I'm aware of some of what's being said. But I can't watch non-issue-oriented, personality politics on TV anymore than I can watch Survivor, The Bachelor or any other program that makes me feel dumber and/or more angry after watching it. Besides, this story is already written. And I don't read stories that I already know the ending to. In fact, I'm furious after just writing what little I've written here. Back to the real world.....

7 hours ago, gottaplan said:

I'm curious why the media keeps talking about maybe 4 repub senators crossing the aisle...  for what?  Testimony?  nothing but window dressing.  Dems barely control 47 senate seats, a couple of those are actually independents but whatever.  So they need 2/3 Senators to vote to remove from office.  So they need like TWENTY republican senators to cross the aisle.   

Most people I talk to, albeit not politically astute, seem to realize that 67 is the magic number, not 51...

So much for window dressing lol

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/29/trump-black-voters-cash-giveaways-108072

Trump allies are handing out cash to black voters

Remember when Mitt Romney said Democrats give their voters "gifts?"  Think ol' Mittens will be speaking out about this?

Very Stable Genius

Garbage is right. It's amazing to see Trumpies leave so many of their family members behind on the pavement like this....

And

And

The sooner these SOBs burn in hell the better....

Edited by KJP

It's now being reported that Bolton expressed concerns directly to the WH about the attempts to oust Amb. Yovanovich in September. 

Cory Gardner (R-Colorado) is a no on voting for new witnesses.  The hack is going to lose in November and he can't bring himself to do the right thing on one vote.  Typical Republican.

Very Stable Genius

12 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Cory Gardner (R-Colorado) is a no on voting for new witnesses.  The hack is going to lose in November and he can't bring himself to do the right thing on one vote.  Typical Republican.

I mean looking at this as a neutral spectator... 

I think McSally, Gardner, Collins, and Tillis will lose their seats. Moreover, it looks like Doug Jones might actually KEEP his. 

4 hours ago, KJP said:

Garbage is right. It's amazing to see Trumpies leave so many of their family members behind on the pavement like this....

It was like this after his rally in Cincinnati too. The next day all the parking lots around the arena were completely trashed. I've never seen a Reds or Bengals game even come close to producing as much litter as these people did.

1 hour ago, DEPACincy said:

It was like this after his rally in Cincinnati too. The next day all the parking lots around the arena were completely trashed. I've never seen a Reds or Bengals game even come close to producing as much litter as these people did.

I'm about as anti-Trump as a person can get.   I'm convinced he is fully propped up and financed by the Russian mob.  But I also work around enough events to know that humans are inherently dirty creatures if they think they are in a place someone will clean up after them (ask any hotel maid).    If Bernie Sanders drew a crowd of 20,000 tree-hugging, Subaru-driving, dyed in the wool liberals, the result would be similar.   

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-news-live-surprise-key-172500629.html

Not sure how this isn't a problem.

Also, Lev Parnas apparently has some goodies on Lindsey Graham that might explain why he's whoring for Trump.  The more that comes out, there fewer Republicans don't seem to be directly implicated, particularly with Trump's most fervent defenders.

Edited by jonoh81

18 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

I'm about as anti-Trump as a person can get.   I'm convinced he is fully propped up and financed by the Russian mob.  But I also work around enough events to know that humans are inherently dirty creatures if they think they are in a place someone will clean up after them (ask any hotel maid).    If Bernie Sanders drew a crowd of 20,000 tree-hugging, Subaru-driving, dyed in the wool liberals, the result would be similar.   

1. I walk by the arena every day. This was way worse than anything I've ever seen. Yes, there is going to be trash where there are people--but this was absurd. 

2. I was at the Hillary rally on Independence Mall the day before the election in 2016. It was a massive crowd. The biggest I've ever seen on the mall, and that includes the Pope's visit (also a huge crowd). It was not at all like the trash I saw coming from this Trump rally. The biggest difference, I think, is that everyone at the Hillary rally was sober. These Trump rallies are like football tailgates, with people shotgunning beers in the parking lots. There were so many cans and bottles everywhere. And I think it is made worse by the fact that most of the people there were not from Cincinnati, so they had zero respect for our city. 

3. I hate Trump and that is clear to everyone here so you can take these observations with a grain of salt if you want, but I swear to God I am not exaggerating. I was sincerely shocked by the level of trash I saw. 

EDIT: Just to hammer home the point, I'll add that I've been to many Eagles tailgates and the Trump rally aftermath was 1000x worse.

Edited by DEPACincy

The average trump fanboy is going to have a generally oppositional mindset in the first place, so being as conspicuously obnoxious in public as possible is part of the MO, plus cleaning up after him will give the ‘Mexicans’ something to do. 

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican