gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

GOP Senators just voted against seeing documents, texts, emails, etc. that would be evidence of guilt (or exculpate) Trump and administration.

What a bunch of hacks.

Very Stable Genius

10 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

GOP Senators just voted against seeing documents, texts, emails, etc. that would be evidence of guilt (or exculpate) Trump and administration.

What a bunch of hacks.

If you wanted confirmation that America is no longer a democracy and instead is a kleptocracy, I think we're seeing it in full, unabashed view now. I'm so ashamed for this country that used to try to be decent and respectable. Now it's just the United States of Go F--- Yourself.

3 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

I wonder what the ratio is between calls like yours and Trumpers calling in demanding he vote to exonerate him for a "perfect call".

Per my friend - about 5 to 2 in favor of witnesses

AND

MEANWHILE

I've been looking up this question and I can't find an answer...

Can an attorney be reprimanded by the bar for lying during an impeachment proceeding? Cippilone's statement re: Republican access to the SCIF was patently false, but used in his open

AND 

Edited by KJP

And Rube Nation cheers or resorts to whataboutism to avoid confronting their rube hero....

18 hours ago, YABO713 said:

I've been looking up this question and I can't find an answer...

Can an attorney be reprimanded by the bar for lying during an impeachment proceeding? Cippilone's statement re: Republican access to the SCIF was patently false, but used in his open

Lying in your professional capacity as a lawyer, no matter the setting, definitely should be grounds for reprimand.

2 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

At least 21 GOP Senators are not at their seats, which is, you may be surprised to hear, against the rules.

Any way to tell if Renacci is one of the absent?

I’m definitely calling his office tomorrow.

LOL

And

Edited by KJP

Withholding evidence....

Edited by KJP

Impeachment itself was a purely partisan show.   As it was with Clinton.

There should be no shock that the same happens in the Senate.   As it was with Clinton.

I think I'm pretty close to the kind of people they need to convince to make something happen.  Those who don't trust Trump, but aren't fond of the Dems either.

This might have been possible had they appointed Amash one of the prosecutors.   Schiff's smug know it all partisanship is the worst possible choice, with the possible exception of Swallwell.   Every time he opens his yap, I'm tempted to vote for Trump in November and I really don't want to do that.  

13 minutes ago, E Rocc said:

There should be no shock that the same happens in the Senate.   As it was with Clinton.

I think I'm pretty close to the kind of people they need to convince to make something happen.  Those who don't trust Trump, but aren't fond of the Dems either.

This might have been possible had they appointed Amash one of the prosecutors.   Schiff's smug know it all partisanship is the worst possible choice, with the possible exception of Swallwell.   Every time he opens his yap, I'm tempted to vote for Trump in November and I really don't want to do that.  

If you think it's been partisan, then it is on you.  Schiff may be a political partisan but he has been operating as a skillful prosecutor.  I can tell by most of your posts that you are not as persuadable as you pretend to be. 

14 minutes ago, E Rocc said:

Yeah so here's the thing. I thin Schiff, as a legislator, is too partisan and liberal. I don't agree with most of his policy positions, really. 

But what you just said, in my opinion, means one of two things: 

1. You have your mind made up and won't change;

2. You haven't listened to any of his arguments. 

Honestly, for as much as he sucks as a politician, he has been nothing short of a brilliant jurist thus far. I've been through countless jury trials, and I've seen some terrible arguments, and some brilliant. Schiff's has been damn near perfect. He has cut the legs off of every argument the GOP has made, and through his use of actual audio and other fact based evidence, has pushed GOP senators off most of their talking points. 

FWIW - I wanted Amash too and think he would have been excellent. 

^ I think Schiff and his team have done a good job of putting all of facts into  timeline.  I also thought starting out on the first day when arguing for witnesses by laying out the facts of the case was brilliant. I don't think Trump's team was prepared for that. 

BTW - Amash has been tweeting support for the job that Schiff has been doing. I'm sure Schiff and Amash agree on very little politically but they both agree that Trump is a danger to constitutional order. 

Edited by freefourur

Good for Judge Napolitano, even if he loses his Fox News gig. There's a lot more at stake here than a Fox News gig....

And others who need to lose their jobs....

2 hours ago, KJP said:

Good for Judge Napolitano, even if he loses his Fox News gig. There's a lot more at stake here than a Fox News gig....

And others who need to lose their jobs....

So you're saying the 5-2 ratio on calls didn't sway Portman to put his country first?  Shocking.  

2 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

So you're saying the 5-2 ratio on calls didn't sway Portman to put his country first?  Shocking.  

I would be careful with these reports of who is leaving and who is staying.  Schumer and Elizabeth Warren said that mostly everybody is listening and the people getting up are usually standing in the back. It would be helpful if we had other cameras so we could see what's going on. But if prominent dems are saying that the reporting is overblown, I think I'll believe them. 

2 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I would be careful with these reports of who is leaving and who is staying.  Schumer and Elizabeth Warren said that mostly everybody is listening and the people getting up are usually standing in the back. It would be helpful if we had other cameras so we could see what's going on. But if prominent dems are saying that the reporting is overblown, I think I'll believe them. 

I could buy the walkouts are overblown, but I'm not buying that everyone is really listening.  Pretty much everyone has their minds already made up.  Republicans don't care about the case being presented.  

3 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

I could buy the walkouts are overblown, but I'm not buying that everyone is really listening.  Pretty much everyone has their minds already made up.  Republicans don't care about the case being presented.  

I've been reading reports that Lamar Alexander has been taking copious notes as is Mitt Romney.  We shall see. I called Portman again today this time through the Senate switchboard to say that he should request witnesses and documents because the citizens have a right to know.  

I hope the GOP realizes that information will continue to come out even if they try to blow through the trial:

‘Take her out’: recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador fired

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/recording-appears-capture-trump-private-dinner-ukraine-ambassador/story?id=68506437

19 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

Yeah, like anything else, its usually a good idea to move around when seated 4-5 hours at a time. 

Portman is in play. And my friend told me that both Collins and Romney's teams are working in tandem to allow witnesses. Funny thing is, they likely need more than 4 - I think 6-7 is seen as an acceptable buffer to blunt the political risk. 

3 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Yeah, like anything else, its usually a good idea to move around when seated 4-5 hours at a time. 

McConnell should be granting breaks then.  

3 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Portman is in play. And my friend told me that both Collins and Romney's teams are working in tandem to allow witnesses. Funny thing is, they likely need more than 4 - I think 6-7 is seen as an acceptable buffer to blunt the political risk. 

I would think Portman would have to be.   If the Dems put up a great candidate, his seat would be hotly contested here.  I'm struggling to think of who they could run as a "great" candidate though...

1 minute ago, Cleburger said:

McConnell should be granting breaks then.  

I would think Portman would have to be.   If the Dems put up a great candidate, his seat would be hotly contested here.  I'm struggling to think of who they could run as a "great" candidate though...

Yeah, to be quite frank... gerrymandering has hurt the quality of state office holders of Dems as well. Ryan might have been viable if not for that STUPID Presidential run

18 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Honestly, all those people voted against some very reasonable amendments already, so I seriously doubt we'll end up with any real support for witnesses.  We've seen this song and dance before, especially by those like Romney and Collins.  It's all "deeply concerned" before falling in line.  

16 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Yeah, to be quite frank... gerrymandering has hurt the quality of state office holders of Dems as well. Ryan might have been viable if not for that STUPID Presidential run

Do you honestly think anyone is going to remember his presidential run? It was over before it started.

22 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

Honestly, all those people voted against some very reasonable amendments already, so I seriously doubt we'll end up with any real support for witnesses.  We've seen this song and dance before, especially by those like Romney and Collins.  It's all "deeply concerned" before falling in line.  

Agreed - we don't have any reason to be hopeful with Flake and Corker out. 

34 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

His three voters aren't going to care.

But yeah, the Dem bench in Ohio isn't very deep.  I don't know who the "great" candidate would be to take on Portman.  Cordray and Strickland can't win statewide.  There's not even a statewide elected official who could make the jump.  And because the House districts are gerrymandered to hell, there isn't a House rep (outside of Tim Ryan, maybe) who isn't coming from a heavily-left leaning district.  Beatty in OH-3 (PVI of D+19), Kaptur in OH-9 (PVI of D+14), Fudge in OH-11 (PVI of D+32), and then Ryan in OH-13 (PVI of D+7).

Very Stable Genius