gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

Spoiler Alert: There Will Be No Impartial Justice for Donald Trump

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/spoiler-alert-there-will-be-no-impartial-justice-for-donald-trump-impeachment-trial

Shortly after 2 p.m. on Thursday, ninety-nine of the hundred members of the United States Senate raised their hands and swore en masse to do “impartial justice” in the impeachment trial of President Donald J. Trump. That, of course, is an impossibility in the political world they inhabit. Neither impartiality nor justice is on offer in this proceeding. Three years into Trump’s tenure, there is precisely no one in the U.S. Capitol who is undecided about the President, on the subject of his impeachment or any other. And yet there is real suspense, in the way that the Trump Presidency has conditioned us to expect: Will there be wild new revelations? (There already have been in the past twenty-four hours.) Will there be inappropriate tweeting by the defendant in the White House? (A given.) Will even a single senator break from the calcified partisan battle lines? (Who knows?)

10 minutes ago, Gramarye said:

Spoiler Alert: There Will Be No Impartial Justice for Donald Trump

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/spoiler-alert-there-will-be-no-impartial-justice-for-donald-trump-impeachment-trial

Shortly after 2 p.m. on Thursday, ninety-nine of the hundred members of the United States Senate raised their hands and swore en masse to do “impartial justice” in the impeachment trial of President Donald J. Trump. That, of course, is an impossibility in the political world they inhabit. Neither impartiality nor justice is on offer in this proceeding. Three years into Trump’s tenure, there is precisely no one in the U.S. Capitol who is undecided about the President, on the subject of his impeachment or any other. And yet there is real suspense, in the way that the Trump Presidency has conditioned us to expect: Will there be wild new revelations? (There already have been in the past twenty-four hours.) Will there be inappropriate tweeting by the defendant in the White House? (A given.) Will even a single senator break from the calcified partisan battle lines? (Who knows?)

The impeachment in the House was a political s***show, so of course that's the case.   As was Clinton's.

The Constitutional standard needs to be raised to the same 2/3 to impeach that it is to convict.

This guy is straight-up trash. Trump sees everything as transactional not understanding the military's role is to protect not to collect debts. His tirade shows his fundamental disregard for those who serve in the Armed Forces.

Edited by KJP

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

2 hours ago, E Rocc said:

The impeachment in the House was a political s***show, so of course that's the case.   As was Clinton's.

The Constitutional standard needs to be raised to the same 2/3 to impeach that it is to convict.

the Sh** show in the house was due to the GOP being clowns.  There is no need to have the same 2/3 in the house as with the senate.  The only change I'd like to see is that presidential impeachments should be heard before the Supreme Court. 

2 hours ago, E Rocc said:

That would take away the role of the American voters, according to Mitch McConnell.  The people spoke in 2018 and delivered the House to the Democrats and provide some oversight of Trump.   That they have done.  

The pig always hires the best people...

Trump the toileteer....

Edited by KJP

19 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

any comments on Trump's many accomplishments over the past year, starting with jobs? Thought not. Maybe you're unable to access sources that might provide this information. Until then, I'll defer from commenting on your baseless charges

Trump's Top 10 Achievements for 2019

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/12/31/trumps_top_10_achievements_for_2019_142047.html

Trump's rather minimal list of debatable accomplishments (almost all presidents have arguably had far more) are still vastly overshadowed by his corruption, treason and domestic and foreign policy disasters.  He's arguably made nearly everything he's touched orders of magnitude worse, from foreign relations to deficits to worker's rights to LGBT equality to environmental conditions and more.  That he hasn't single-handedly managed to destroy the economy (yet) is strong evidence that presidents have less direct impact than most believe.  His actual policies, like the tax cut, actually cost jobs.  So have his tariffs.  The economy would perhaps be doing even better without him.

Your link is also an obvious Trump-biased opinion piece, not a rundown of established facts.  For example, calling the "America First" movement, which is just a thinly-veiled version of white nationalism, an accomplishment is some real cult stuff.

Also, I still want to know if and why you think it's okay to stalk and plot against a US ambassador simply for doing their job.  Don't be a coward like usual, and answer a direct question for a change.

Edited by jonoh81

3 hours ago, E Rocc said:

That sh**show was not due to Democrats, though.  Republicans were the ones storming the proceedings and grandstanding.  They were the ones screaming and insulting witnesses.  They were they ones trashing a pretty straightforward constitutional process (not to mention the rules THEY established).  Now we know why.  They were all dirty.  

Miscreants deserve to be reminded that they are miscreants since law enforcement and the wimpy media keep giving them a pass....

I'm surprised she could even speak with Trump's schlong lodged so deeply in her throat....

Why not? The entire GOP works for Uncle Vlad and his oligarchs nowadays anyway....

I'd be having fun with Trump's chronic foot-in-mouth disease too....

and

Edited by KJP

It's amazing how no one knew this guy, but he is documented with just about every major Republican and Trump associate in existence.  

Terrifying...

^Its interesting that Lev mentioned in the Maddow interview that Barr is friends with Fox attorneys Victoria and Joe.  That is how he got moved into being the AG.  So he is just another Fox nutcase. 

14 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

It's amazing how no one knew this guy, but he is documented with just about every major Republican and Trump associate in existence.  

Sooner or later, the entire Trump circus is going to have to drop their "I don't know the guy" defense as his testimony is more and more corroborated.  

Please end this disgusting national nightmare......

AND this one too....

Edited by KJP

3 hours ago, Cleburger said:

Sooner or later, the entire Trump circus is going to have to drop their "I don't know the guy" defense as his testimony is more and more corroborated.  

Not really.  They've been pushing blatant disproven lies for months and years after, so this will be no different.  Their base requires a constant feed of bullsh**.

Glad to see this...

A fine question.....

Probably said something horrible to Trump, like: Putin is a murderous thug....

Meanwhile...

Edited by KJP

If there really was a deep state, I would think that "they" would have offed him by now....

LOL

Edited by KJP

^ I’ve maintained from the beginning that Putin will ‘off’ him as soon as (a) he ceases to be a useful idiot, or (b) it will cause greater damage to and conflict within the USA than keeping him around will. 

Edited by roman totale XVII

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

I would think that once Trump is no longer President, he'll no longer have the cover that "anything classified that he reveals is de facto no longer classified".  At that point, he should wind up in serious trouble, quickly.

20 minutes ago, X said:

I would think that once Trump is no longer President, he'll no longer have the cover that "anything classified that he reveals is de facto no longer classified".  At that point, he should wind up in serious trouble, quickly.

I’m more confident that he will go to prison than that he will lose the 2020 election. If he loses this year (likely but not guaranteed), he’s already on the hook - his co-conspirator Cohen is in federal prison on felony violations of campaign laws.  The only reason he is not already in prison for that one is because he is President. Unfortunately the statute of limitations would be over on that crime before the end of his next term if he is reelected.  But there was so much criminal activity exposed in the reports we are already aware of, and undoubtedly discoveries that have not yet been made public, that something is bound to stick. There will be numerous prosecutors ready to pounce as soon as he is out of office. And more importantly, some of these will be state prosecutors in NY, Florida, and possibly other states. This is important in case some future President tries to ingratiate himself with 45’s followers by pardoning at the federal level - state convictions would still stick.  

“Ambition counters ambition” - it may take longer than we or the Constitutional Framers would have liked, but it will happen eventually. 

AND 

AND 

Edited by KJP

On 1/16/2020 at 6:33 PM, eastvillagedon said:

any comments on Trump's many accomplishments over the past year, starting with jobs? Thought not. Maybe you're unable to access sources that might provide this information. Until then, I'll defer from commenting on your baseless charges

Trump's Top 10 Achievements for 2019

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/12/31/trumps_top_10_achievements_for_2019_142047.html

So even if those things are all true, then it's OK to stalk and plot against a US ambassador?  I mean most evil dictators did some things that turned out well, but that doesn't make them any less evil.

1 hour ago, jam40jeff said:

So even if those things are all true, then it's OK to stalk and plot against a US ambassador?  I mean most evil dictators did some things that turned out well, but that doesn't make them any less evil.

True.  Even Hitler made the trains run on time, even in the darker days toward the end of the Third Reich. 

Trump won't even address infrastructure and trains.....

So many pictures and videos....

Our leaders act like the people are willing to submit their total authority. And so far we have....

Brilliant 

Edited by KJP

On 1/16/2020 at 8:13 AM, YABO713 said:

Spoke with a staffer friend of mine in Portman's DC office. Senator Portman's team is ANGRY about the Parnas interviews last night, and wants to allow witnesses at the trial in the Senate. 

From the horse's mouth: "Tell people to call, get everyone you know to call. He'll vote to allow witnesses if he feels constituent pressure. Otherwise he'll take the path of least resistance."

Not exactly profiles in courage, but CALL SENATOR PORTMAN'S OFFICE - his staffers are literally asking us for help. 

Phone Number:

Cleveland - (216) 522-7095

Columbus - 614-469-6774

Cincinnati - 513-684-3265

I talked to the Cleveland office today and was told that Senator Portman is going to wait for "initial phase" of the trial to decide on new witnesses or documents. I told the guy on the phone that there is no need to wait.  every trial should have witnesses and that Portman is playing a cowardly game of acting reasonable even though he already knows that he will vote against it. That McConnell's M.O is to do this. I then said to the guy that we both know that the only to not allow witnesses is that they know more damning info will come out. He didn't even respind to that.  I ended by saying that Portman should do the right thing for once rather than the expedient thing. 

38 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I talked to the Cleveland office today and was told that Senator Portman is going to wait for "initial phase" of the trial to decide on new witnesses or documents. I told the guy on the phone that there is no need to wait.  every trial should have witnesses and that Portman is playing a cowardly game of acting reasonable even though he already knows that he will vote against it. That McConnell's M.O is to do this. I then said to the guy that we both know that the only to not allow witnesses is that they know more damning info will come out. He didn't even respind to that.  I ended by saying that Portman should do the right thing for once rather than the expedient thing. 

I wonder what the ratio is between calls like yours and Trumpers calling in demanding he vote to exonerate him for a "perfect call".

^McConnell has made some changes to the resolution so the phone calls must be working. Or he purposely put ridiculous stuff in it so that he could appear more reasonable when he changes it. 

Yea that is what i felt the very easiest thing to attack would’ve been attacking the 2 day rule he had. He has now made the first part of opening statements go 3 days instead of 2.  So 8hrs instead of 12hrs each day which was nuts.  Also they are now allowing evidence in unless objection.