gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

13 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Wow. What a cross examination.  No wonder the GOP kept interrupt.  Berkeley was eating Castor's lunch.

The Republicans continue to baffle the $*#& out of me...They don't give a damn about the constitution or the country. It's all about staying in power and lining their pockets in the process.

55 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I see the right wing echo chamber is pretending the IG report says the opposite of what it says. The truth doesn't matter to them.

"The lack of evidence that supports our conspiracy theory is just further evidence that our conspiracy theory is true."

Very Stable Genius

2 hours ago, ASPhotoman said:

The Republicans continue to baffle the $*#& out of me...They don't give a damn about the constitution or the country. It's all about staying in power and lining their pockets in the process.

52 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

"The lack of evidence that supports our conspiracy theory is just further evidence that our conspiracy theory is true."

They aren't even going with that. They are just straight up lying about what the report says. Comey was scheduled to go on Fox and Friends and they canceled his appearance after the report came out.

29 minutes ago, freefourur said:

They aren't even going with that. They are just straight up lying about what the report says. Comey was scheduled to go on Fox and Friends and they canceled his appearance after the report came out.

It's hard to tell anymore if they really believe what they're saying, or are merely changing their defense every time their previous defense is destroyed.  The problem with cults is that any new or contradictory information just causes the believers to create a new narrative that continues to support the core belief.  This cult happens to be very, very large.  

And

And

And

Edited by KJP

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

1 minute ago, freefourur said:

Bill Barr is giving an interview where he is straight up lying about the IG report and the Mueller report. These people have no shame. 

15 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:
Republican ideology is now just repeating lies over and over and hoping the public is too stupid to notice.

Very Stable Genius

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

30 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

😅

Ah, I see it took you about 24 hours to get the right talking points.

1) All relevant points of the MAGA narrative have been disproved.

2) Civil libertarians have been warning the public about FISA overreach and abuse for years.

3) Conservatives never cared about the FISA process until now.

Very Stable Genius

43 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Ah, I see it took you about 24 hours to get the right talking points.

1) All relevant points of the MAGA narrative have been disproved.

2) Civil libertarians have been warning the public about FISA overreach and abuse for years.

3) Conservatives never cared about the FISA process until now.

After reading the twenty page overview of the report  last night there were some serious errors in the FISA applications process that I think we can all agree with it. The attorney who altered documents has some serious explaining to do. There is something very shady that went on that I hope Durham investigation with his broad subpoena power will get to the bottom of. The hearing tomorrow should be very interesting.

13 minutes ago, shack said:

After reading the twenty page overview of the report  last night there were some serious errors in the FISA applications process that I think we can all agree with it. The attorney who altered documents has some serious explaining to do. There is something very shady that went on that I hope Durham investigation with his broad subpoena power will get to the bottom of. The hearing tomorrow should be very interesting.

Why bother investigating anything?  Republicans will simply lie no matter what the results show.  Imagine all the time and money you all wasted on Hillary regarding Benghazi and the email investigations when you all could've just had a couple of fake reports detailing fake crimes you could've sold the gullible American public? Maybe Republicans should get on that now.  There's still a chance to lock her up!  We're a banana republic at this point, so you might as well go all out.

Edited by jonoh81

14 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

Why bother investigating anything?  Republicans will simply lie no matter what the results show.  Imagine all the time and money you all wasted on Hillary regarding Benghazi and the email investigations when you all could've just had a couple of fake reports detailing fake crimes you could've sold the gullible American public? Maybe Republicans should get on that now.  There's still a chance to lock her up!  We're a banana republic at this point, so you might as well go all out.

I actually agree with you on much of what you have to say. Both sides are guilty of this depending on who is in power and who is not. Fox news was non stop ant-Obama from the get go. I don't no where it all began but it seems to be getting worse with each election cycle. Its reaching a crisis level while the earth is getting warmer and warmer. Sad to see.

17 minutes ago, KJP said:

This kind of crazy conspiracy theory is making the world a lot less safe. More likely Lavrov is here to discuss the recent meeting between Putin and Zalinsky in France with Macron and Merkel. Some people are still stuck in the Cold War mentality of yesteryear. 

2 minutes ago, shack said:

I actually agree with you on much of what you have to say. Both sides are guilty of this depending on who is in power and who is not. Fox news was non stop ant-Obama from the get go. I don't no where it all began but it seems to be getting worse with each election cycle. Its reaching a crisis level while the earth is getting warmer and warmer. Sad to see.

Republicans don't believe in climate change.  And haven't you been arguing that the impeachment is a political sham?  I'm not sure we agree much at all, actually.  The media is just a product of what people are demanding, and the media in turn feeds the demand for even more.  It's in a feedback loop.  But the base problem has always been with the public.  Maybe America is just becoming a victim of its own success.  We've become complacent and intellectually lazy, historically the downfall of many an empire.  I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, but is sure feels like it.

1 minute ago, shack said:

This kind of crazy conspiracy theory is making the world a lot less safe. More likely Lavrov is here to discuss the recent meeting between Putin and Zalinsky in France with Macron and Merkel. Some people are still stuck in the Cold War mentality of yesteryear. 

See, this is what I'm talking about.  This isn't the Cold War, but Russia is still very much an enemy of the West and the US.  To act like their intentions are anything but hostile to American interests is naïve.  We have every single person in the IC begging and screaming at us to stop being so stupid, and we are waving them off like a bothersome fly.  And that's not even discussing Trump's own allegiance problem.  

16 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

more fake news, I guess🤔

Yes, definitely.  I looked them up.  They're a Republican PR firm (it even says so in the article).  On their website under "What We Do", they literally have "Firehouse Runs Targeted Persuasion Campaigns" in big, bold letters.  Gee, that's not suspicious.

If anything, Newsweek should be ashamed for validating such obvious trash.

Edited by jonoh81

4 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

Yes, most likely.  I looked them up.  They're a PR firm.  On their website under "What We Do", they literally have "Firehouse Runs Targeted Persuasion Campaigns" in big, bold letters.  

not likely that a liberal-leaning publication like Newsweek would post a story on Trump that wasn't vetted for accuracy🙃

Then how about a conservative publication although I'm sure the cultist robots will find something in it that conflicts with their pre-programmed software. If not, they'll rewire themselves to come up with one or just short-circuit and start hijacking government buildings and blowing up things!! 😮

“The president doesn’t have a credible line of defense left. That is why his apologists in Congress and elsewhere have been reduced to making increasingly absurd and desperate claims. The president’s defenders want to distract attention from the fact that the president abused his power, violated the public’s trust, and broke his oath of office, but these distractions are irrelevant.”

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/the-case-for-impeachment-is-overwhelming/

11 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

not likely that a liberal-leaning publication like Newsweek would post a story on Trump that wasn't vetted for accuracy🙃

Sure they would.  And if they didn't, then they are guilty of lazy journalism.

I so hate our pig president and his sick sycophants....

Edited by KJP

2 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

See, this is what I'm talking about.  This isn't the Cold War, but Russia is still very much an enemy of the West and the US.  To act like their intentions are anything but hostile to American interests is naïve.  We have every single person in the IC begging and screaming at us to stop being so stupid, and we are waving them off like a bothersome fly.  And that's not even discussing Trump's own allegiance problem.  

Well, that would depend on what American interests actually are? If we're trying to monopolize the world and reshape it in our own image, forcibly if need be, as a modern day extension of our "manifest destiny",  I would be against that too. 

So the one thing that appears fairly certain at this point is that Trump may go down in history as the only president to be impeached multiple times.

I say the third time is a charm for actually getting him removed from office.

Look in the mirror when you say "scum" you POS!

Trump calls FBI ‘scum’ at rally

https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/trump-calls-fbi-scum-at-rally-74878021538

2 hours ago, shack said:

Well, that would depend on what American interests actually are? If we're trying to monopolize the world and reshape it in our own image, forcibly if need be, as a modern day extension of our "manifest destiny",  I would be against that too. 

You make it sound like the Russians are merely defending themselves.  Incredible.

2 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

So the one thing that appears fairly certain at this point is that Trump may go down in history as the only president to be impeached multiple times.

I say the third time is a charm for actually getting him removed from office.

The only way it would be repeated is if Dems win control of the Senate. Otherwise, we'll be in the same position we are now- with one party trying to protect the office from corruption and the other embracing it.

10 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

Republicans don't believe in climate change.  And haven't you been arguing that the impeachment is a political sham?  I'm not sure we agree much at all, actually.  The media is just a product of what people are demanding, and the media in turn feeds the demand for even more.  It's in a feedback loop.  But the base problem has always been with the public.  Maybe America is just becoming a victim of its own success.  We've become complacent and intellectually lazy, historically the downfall of many an empire.  I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, but is sure feels like it.

The IC can manipulate the media with intentional leaks through anonymous sources as well in order to push through their strategic agenda. If Trump looses and all the headlines say "You're fired!" (in a poetic justice fashion) he may not accept the results and we may have a constitutional crises on our hands, god forbid.

After visiting with Lavrov yesterday, Trump is coming down hard on Haftar in Libya today in tweets putting on sanctions on the LNA. This is very strange since the Russians are the main backers of Haftar and his army.  The Russians have Wagner troops there helping Haftar who was a former air force general for Kaddafi.  I would expect the stooge president to change his policy in the next 24-48 hours, likely silently. Unless trump has a trump tripoli tower being planned.  

8 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

The only way it would be repeated is if Dems win control of the Senate. Otherwise, we'll be in the same position we are now- with one party trying to protect the office from corruption and the other embracing it.

It would need to be more than Dems winning the Senate. They would likely need about a 60 vote majority to do so. Flipping 5 or 6 GOP Senators is a lot more doable than flipping 15.

I used to be with you on that theory too. Personally, I thought the Dems only really had one shot at the apple and if they missed, it would be unpalatable to do impeachment again. However, I think, that there is enough fury in the house to keep this up no matter what happens, and if he wins re-election (it wont happen again in 2020). If Dems keep the house and Trump wins, what incentive do they have to change their philosophy toward dealing with him? They can keep the investigations going continuously and continue to press via impeachment. As more time goes by, more info will surface, and Trump just may hang himself in the process. I would agree with you that the information is there on corruption, but I would likely disagree with you that the Dems have built a strong case, especially in the current political environment.

If 2020 is a push (Trump wins and Dems keep house and Senate stays roughly the same) the Dems have no incentive to change course on the matter. They kept a majority in an election that the incumbent from the rival party won (which means they were ultimately playing defense and succeeded). In 2 years, they would likely make more gains in both house and Senate. 2022 is a favorable Senate year for Dems and the party outside of the exec branch usually gains in the House.  So again, the Dems have a wider latitude to risk by going down the impeachment path multiple times at that point, even if the 2nd attempt may be the same as the first. In fact, I would even tend to argue that it is more advantageous to do so. As Americans tire of the impeachment process, they will start to crave more stability and calmness and even those that agree with Trump will ultimately want to do something to just end the constant impeachment battles, even if it means throwing a lame duck president overboard at that point.

15 hours ago, KJP said:

“The president doesn’t have a credible line of defense left. That is why his apologists in Congress and elsewhere have been reduced to making increasingly absurd and desperate claims. The president’s defenders want to distract attention from the fact that the president abused his power, violated the public’s trust, and broke his oath of office, but these distractions are irrelevant.”

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/the-case-for-impeachment-is-overwhelming/

Wow. 

I have a question about Barr's attacks on the FBI. Can people who are now in federal prisons due to FBI investigations appeal their cases and cite the AG to have all of the FBI evidence including FISA application publicly reviewed?  I would think that the DOJ has opened this up to appeals.  But I admit that I do not know much about criminal law.