gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

As expected McGahn lost his case to not testify under subpoena from Congress.  The DOJ will likely contest it for the prez to an appeals court which will likely deny as well within the next week or so. Then we hopefully will see McGahn and hopefully Bolton testifying in front of Congress in Mid December.   Sorry trumpies, this is the beginning of the end for trump.  No more “absolute immunity”. Whomp whomp

Edited by audidave

The DOJ, er, the governmental attorneys for the Trump Syndicate, have contested it....

Dumb a$$es say dumba$$ things....A LOT. Now this is a funny video....

Edited by KJP

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

3 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

are Democrats backing out on impeachment??😲

I’m awaiting the day EVD posts a serious journalism piece instead of the opinion pieces at Faux News, Brietbart (actually Ram’s favorite site) or the NY (NY Post) equivalent to the National Inquirer. Were aliens found in Trump’s anus? Inquiring minds want to know! Please tell me you read actual news instead of this drivel. I’ll garner the answer is no.

3 hours ago, Ram23 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no vote is held, or if enough Democrats wise up and vote no. If a vote is held, it will get zero Republican votes in the House, and if enough Democrats sign on and send this to the Senate, it will result in what will almost certainly be a wild and unpredictable trial by Republicans - in which we could see Biden put on trial as much as Trump. And ultimately, zero Republicans will vote to remove Trump and he will be completely exonerated in the eyes of the law.

Democrats have put themselves in quite the pickle. Their best route out of this mess is to end it quietly, without a vote, over the holidays. Start 2020 out right, with some sort of actual platform instead of the current one that's seemingly based entirely on an incessant and slightly incoherent cry of "...but Trump!"

You recognize that subpoenas were just served for the President's personal attorney, who - based on my prior experience with criminal law in the Federal system - is likely going to be indicted. AUSA's don't request records of that scale publicly unless they have substantial supporting evidence. And the AUSA leading the investigation is a Trump-appointed member of FedSoc. 

I went to my local chapter GOP meeting on Thursday - even there people were awed by the week's testimony. > 50% support impeachment. A plurality of Americans support impeachment AND removal. 

He will be impeached, I'd bet a mortgage payment on it. But he won't be removed - really regardless of whatever evidence is presented.

Such a freak show....

Edited by KJP

25 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

You recognize that subpoenas were just served for the President's personal attorney, who - based on my prior experience with criminal law in the Federal system - is likely going to be indicted. AUSA's don't request records of that scale publicly unless they have substantial supporting evidence. And the AUSA leading the investigation is a Trump-appointed member of FedSoc. 

I went to my local chapter GOP meeting on Thursday - even there people were awed by the week's testimony. > 50% support impeachment. A plurality of Americans support impeachment AND removal. 

He will be impeached, I'd bet a mortgage payment on it. But he won't be removed - really regardless of whatever evidence is presented.

The Senate could be shown a video of trump's chief of staff admitting to the crime and not remove him. Oh wait that video exists.

54 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Brother @YABO713,, you do realize that @Ram23 only regurgitates the GOP far right talking points. He either doesn’t understand the evidence (doubtfull) or falls into another class of people that refuses to believe any of the evidence against the president for their own biased personal beliefs and I’m using biased loosely here.

I've been calling Portman's office every Monday to voice my frustration on his silence of Ukraine matters. Yesterday's call was to discuss GOP elected official spreading Russian disinformation.  I asked the staffer why Portman has spoken out against as a founding member of the Ukraine caucus and I specifically mentioned Senator Kennedy. It might just be coincidence that Kennedy sort of walked back his comments yesterday. But I like to think I played a role in it. Everyone call your representatives. 

I don’t think that is that bad. The previous poll i thought was a high level mark before the public hearings and the hearings confirmed what we expected. So i see it as slightly more than half the country fully on board with removal.  Some slight percentage are just people wanting the full process to go through. Its just impeachment inquiry at this point. 

Trumps main defender, Nunes, could be ethically censured very soon. That will be a black eye on trumps talking points that the whole top of GOP was playing around in Ukraine looking for dirt from oligarchs. 

Firtash is saying he would like to be deposed in Vienna. He’s stuck waiting there to be extradited as of June/July but of course Barr won’t extradite him. Firtash could list all the GOP goons that have been trying to get dirt on Biden. 

McGahn, Bolton, Giuliani, Pompeo and other eyewitnesses could be brought in under subpoena to testify now. 

There is a LOT to play out. Trump could do even more impeachable offenses over next two months.  Its early but the Democrats are locked and loaded as the GOP likes to say. 

1 hour ago, KJP said:

Ahem, cult....

21 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I've been calling Portman's office every Monday to voice my frustration on his silence of Ukraine matters. Yesterday's call was to discuss GOP elected official spreading Russian disinformation.  I asked the staffer why Portman has spoken out against as a founding member of the Ukraine caucus and I specifically mentioned Senator Kennedy. It might just be coincidence that Kennedy sort of walked back his comments yesterday. But I like to think I played a role in it. Everyone call your representatives. 

Nuanced point that might make you tell me to shut up...

But the Senate is SUPPOSED to be quiet on the inquiry - they're the jurors for any trial that moves forward. The fact that Graham, Kennedy, and Johnson are loud mouthing doesn't mean a voice in the other direction is any better.

Just now, YABO713 said:

Nuanced point that might make you tell me to shut up...

But the Senate is SUPPOSED to be quiet on the inquiry - they're the jurors for any trial that moves forward. The fact that Graham, Kennedy, and Johnson are loud mouthing doesn't mean a voice in the other direction is any better.

I didn't ask him to comment on the impeachment. I asked him to comment on the spreading of Russian disinformation by his colleagues. 

BTW... Portman already has an official position on the impeachment too.  

What a "genius"....

Genius, continued....

Edited by KJP

18 hours ago, Ram23 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no vote is held, or if enough Democrats wise up and vote no. If a vote is held, it will get zero Republican votes in the House, and if enough Democrats sign on and send this to the Senate, it will result in what will almost certainly be a wild and unpredictable trial by Republicans - in which we could see Biden put on trial as much as Trump. And ultimately, zero Republicans will vote to remove Trump and he will be completely exonerated in the eyes of the law.

1) Impeachment isn't a legal trial.  Why do we constantly have to have "civics 101" lessons on this board?

2) Why would Biden be "put on trial?"  This makes no sense.

3) Please tell us how Crowdstrike is related, at all, to Ukraine.

Very Stable Genius

4 hours ago, YABO713 said:

So who had:

“Campaign with convicted war criminal who’s been pardoned to own the libs”

on their 2019 Bingo board?

Gallagher's own unit sabotaged his rifle because they were so concerned with his hunting down of unarmed civilians.  His ENTIRE UNIT testified against him.

Trump continues to ingratiate himself with the worst people because he's a terrible person.

Very Stable Genius

1 minute ago, DarkandStormy said:

Gallagher's own unit sabotaged his rifle because they were so concerned with his hunting down of unarmed civilians.  His ENTIRE UNIT testified against him.

Trump continues to ingratiate himself with the worst people because he's a terrible person.

he is sending a signal to the military that it is ok to go after civilians.  When he campaigned he said we need to be tougher on terrorists and go after their families.  This is what America is now. 

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1198352974000644097

We're kind of numb to Trump's insanity because everyone has basically just accepted his brain is diseased for awhile now.  But I do have a hard time to deciding who's more off their rocker - Trump or Rudy.

Very Stable Genius

2 minutes ago, freefourur said:

he is sending a signal to the military that it is ok to go after civilians.  When he campaigned he said we need to be tougher on terrorists and go after their families.  This is what America is now. 

"I know more than the generals."

"Torture is good and works."

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families."

This is the Republican Party now. 

Very Stable Genius

31 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

@eastvillagedon remember how heated we were when Obama commuted manning and pardoned Cartwright? 

Edited by YABO713

3 minutes ago, freefourur said:

SOS Pompeo is helping to spread Russian disinformation today too by giving credence to the Crowdstrike conspiracy. Another call to Portman is in order. 

Thread: https://twitter.com/nicoleperlroth/status/1176946639841312768
https://twitter.com/nicoleperlroth/status/1198045468581744641

Also: https://fortune.com/2019/09/28/crowdstrike-conspiracy-theories-trump-ukraine/

Very Stable Genius

How SEALs and Veterans View the Trump-Navy Tussle Over Gallagher

Though opinions of Trump and of Gallagher vary widely in the SEAL teams, six SEALs on active duty at various bases said there was general agreement among their comrades on one thing: The unusually public tug of war over the chief has been an embarrassment and an unwanted distraction from their broader mission.

https://news.yahoo.com/seals-veterans-view-trump-navy-132256687.html

Zero integrity is what you get in an oligarchy....

Edited by KJP

6 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

1) Impeachment isn't a legal trial.  Why do we constantly have to have "civics 101" lessons on this board?

2) Why would Biden be "put on trial?"  This makes no sense.

3) Please tell us how Crowdstrike is related, at all, to Ukraine.

1) I used the word "trial" because the proceeding is called a "Senate Trial" due to the fact that the Senate tries the impeached official.

2) Because Trump and Republicans would get their turn to hand out subpoenas.

3) This one is thought provoking. It's possible - or even, perhaps, likely - that folks at Crowdstrike who investigated the DNC leak purposely pointed the finger at Russia in order to benefit Ukraine. Remember, at the time of the alleged hack, everyone on the planet assumed Trump had zero chance at a victory. These efforts - whatever scope they had and whomever was behind them - were intended to antagonize the assumed incoming president - Clinton. If Russia was behind it, the intent was to stir up unrest and unhappiness among the public. If, however, it was Ukraine, the intent was to place the ire of the US squarely on Russia.

3 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

1) I used the word "trial" because the proceeding is called a "Senate Trial" due to the fact that the Senate tries the impeached official.

3) This one is thought provoking. It's possible - or even, perhaps, likely - that folks at Crowdstrike who investigated the DNC leak purposely pointed the finger at Russia in order to benefit Ukraine. Remember, at the time of the alleged hack, everyone on the planet assumed Trump had zero chance at a victory. These efforts - whatever scope they had and whomever was behind them - were intended to antagonize the assumed incoming president - Clinton. If Russia was behind it, the intent was to stir up unrest and unhappiness among the public. If, however, it was Ukraine, the intent was to place the ire of the US squarely on Russia.

I think he was referring more to the inquiry, which is not a trial and Trump is not being tried for anything.  It's a fact-gathering process.  

So I assume it would be okay for Democrats to ignore subpoenas just like Republicans?  Why should the Bidens or anyone else follow them when Republicans have set the standard, especially when they would be subpoenaed to testify on false accusations?

It's amazing how you and so many others can keep repeating these lies.  There is no "if" about Russia.  They did it.  Everyone with 2 brain cells has figured that out and stated it over and over again.  You believe in conspiracy theories cooked up by an American adversary and Trump has taken it up to justify his own crimes.  That Trump supporters so eagerly swallow it all shows just how effective propaganda is on those with no intellectual curiosity or integrity.  

It sounds like el prez is now warming up the bus to roll over Giuliani.  He has told Oreilly that Giuliani was on his own in Ukraine as Rudy has many clients in Ukraine. 

5 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

I think he was referring more to the inquiry, which is not a trial and Trump is not being tried for anything.  It's a fact-gathering process.  

So I assume it would be okay for Democrats to ignore subpoenas just like Republicans?  Why should the Bidens or anyone else follow them when Republicans have set the standard, especially when they would be subpoenaed to testify on false accusations?

It's amazing how you and so many others can keep repeating these lies.  There is no "if" about Russia.  They did it.  Everyone with 2 brain cells has figured that out and stated it over and over again.  You believe in conspiracy theories cooked up by an American adversary and Trump has taken it up to justify his own crimes.  That Trump supporters so eagerly swallow it all shows just how effective propaganda is on those with no intellectual curiosity or integrity.  

I personally think having the Bidens testify would actually backfire. I'd be surprised if they were actually called.  

19 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I personally think having the Bidens testify would actually backfire. I'd be surprised if they were actually called.  

Eh, maybe.  But Biden is a gaffe machine, and just having him testify at all would legitimize the entire conspiracy theory for a lot of low-information voters.  And if the conspiracy is legitimized- more than it already has been by sycophants- then it will hurt Democrats, IMO.  We're not dealing with people who care about justice, and having these kinds of public spectacles against the innocent in the interest of propping up corrupt leaders is how authoritarian regimes operate.

Well, there it is. Trump knew he got caught, so he released the aid and then called Sondland to tell him "no quid pro quo," a phrase I'm almost certain he doesn't even understand.

Edited by DarkandStormy

Very Stable Genius

17 hours ago, Ram23 said:

1) So he wouldn't be "exonerated in the eyes of the law" since it's not a criminal trial. He could be charged the day he leaves office.  No clue why you'd phrase it that way.

2) What basis would there be to subpoena Biden?  Lmfao Republicans have the dumbest strategies.

3) Ah, typical conspiracy theory bullsh**. Every single U.S. intelligence agency says Russia interfered. Not a single person has mentioned Ukraine. But here it is, floating around right wing circles. It's "possible" Ukrainian were involved.  Absolute nonsense that has no basis in fact and zero evidence has ever been provided.  Please cite a source on how Crowdstrike, the magical DNC server, etc. are possibly tied to Ukraine.  "They might have purposely leaked info to point the finger at Russia" is an absolute joke.  You and the right wing conspiracy nuts are somehow smarter than every intelligence agency in the U.S.?

Edited by DarkandStormy

Very Stable Genius

LOL at Trump beginning to throw Rudy under the bus.

The problem with Trumpism is that eventually Trump will run out of other people to throw under a bus.

(a take on Thatcher's Socialism thing)

Edited by Toddguy

AND

PLUS

MORE

Edited by KJP

Cough...25th Amendment....cough cough

1 hour ago, KJP said:

Cough...25th Amendment....cough cough

1. The centennial should have been held a long time ago - unless you think women didn't deserve the vote until 1920.

2. Who in their right mind can keep up with what words liberals find offensive these days? I wouldn't be surprised to see a war on Thanksgiving in our lifetime. There are, after all, some pretty strong ties to the colonization of America. And, as we've seen with the war on Columbus Day, celebrating anything that even slightly hints at the events that made all of our lives possible is off limits.

3. The dog one seems like a conspiracy theory. It sounds like Trump was right and all the records indicate the dog is a boy. That said, can we ever really truly know what the dog identifies as? Who are we to assume and label?

10 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

1. The centennial should have been held a long time ago - unless you think women didn't deserve the vote until 1920.

2. Who in their right mind can keep up with what words liberals find offensive these days? I wouldn't be surprised to see a war on Thanksgiving in our lifetime. There are, after all, some pretty strong ties to the colonization of America. And, as we've seen with the war on Columbus Day, celebrating anything that even slightly hints at the events that made all of our lives possible is off limits.

3. The dog one seems like a conspiracy theory. It sounds like Trump was right and all the records indicate the dog is a boy. That said, can we ever really truly know what the dog identifies as? Who are we to assume and label?

1. You clearly have no idea what "centennial" means.  Hint: A centennial celebrates a 100-year anniversary.  Why would a centennial be held before the 100-year mark?  

2. You're correct- no one "in their right mind" tries to keep up with imagined outrages like what words liberals find offensive.  It has just as much validity as the "war on Christmas".  Meaning none.  And if you can't figure out why people have an issue with celebrating Columbus Day, no one is going to be able to explain it to you.  

3. Your obvious mocking of transgender people is noted.