gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

34 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

A scandal? Eh... like most of the Trump outrage, it's feigned and blown out of proportion. Trump's statement spells it out pretty well

Not a cult.

Very Stable Genius

On 11/7/2019 at 10:04 AM, YABO713 said:

Ummm excuse me but a couple people on here told me Obama was born in Kenya and like ... he was totally President so you're wrong. 

I know you're trying to be funny, but some might take that seriously.  So let's not keep repeating that sh*te, even in jest.

There is a stupid new plan in the GOP now to extricate trump from the extortion probe by implicating the trio of Giuliani, Sondland, and Mulvaney as working on their own without guidance of el trumpo. 

Sondland? Don’t know that guy. Giuliani?  He was running my Ukraine policy on his own.  Mulvaney? He was the real mastermind by turning off the aid to Ukraine. 

Where does the buck stop?!

Edited by audidave

8 minutes ago, audidave said:

There is a stupid new plan in the GOP now to extricate trump from the extortion probe by implicating the trio of Giuliani, Sondland, and Mulvaney as working on their own without guidance of el trumpo. 

Sondland? Don’t know that guy. Giuliani?  He was running my Ukraine policy on his own.  Mulvaney? He was the real mastermind by turning off the aid to Ukraine. 

Where does the buck stop?!

Giuliani is following Cohen's footsteps. He's just not smart enough to realize it.

1 minute ago, YABO713 said:

Sondland changes LinkedIn status "Ambassador / Coffee Boy @ U.S. State Department"

Trump already said today that he hardly knows the gentleman.  

Also, Donnie says that shouldn't hold public hearings.  

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

14 hours ago, KJP said:

No they cannot.   They only care about unqualified sycophant judges.   I am seriously starting to wonder if Matt Gaetz won't start his own version of the Reichstag fire to try to end the impeachment proceedings.   

1 hour ago, freefourur said:

Trumpkins Accused Him of Being the Whistleblower. They Were Wrong.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumpkins-thought-this-man-was-the-whistleblower-they-were-wrong?ref=scroll

This article isn't clear and leads me to believe it's purposefully misleading. "David Edelman" is not the man who has been named by several sources now as the whistleblower. This is. David just so happens to look a lot like the guy who has been named. So far as I'm aware, he hasn't denied it, which is incredibly suspicious.

Your moron president and his moronic administrators 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

^ It's pretty shameful to take advantage of a family's plight and struggle in wake of the suicide of a patriarch in order to somehow twist it into being Trump's fault.

I expect this sort of sad and shameful behavior from Bezos's Washington Post, but feel it should still be called out. It isn't too late to save the media in this country.

2 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

^ It's pretty shameful to take advantage of a family's plight and struggle in wake of the suicide of a patriarch in order to somehow twist it into being Trump's fault.

I expect this sort of sad and shameful behavior from Bezos's Washington Post, but feel it should still be called out. It isn't too late to save the media in this country.

OMG, I recognize your right to ignorance from the hypnotic corporatism, but just stop for a moment and enjoy this brief flirtation with reality.... Trump and his oligarchical supporters are taking advantage of the nation's family farms so that they can give the land to corporate farmers. Time to wake the f---- up and realize that this isn't about democrat vs republican or conservatism vs liberalism. It's about democracy vs oligarchy. Your a-hole president is destroying democracy to give the rest of the nation to the oligarchs, and you, these family farmers and all others who voted for Trump and would do so again are aiding and abetting it.

OK, now that you've tip-toed through the uncomfortable reality I've just exposed you to, you can now go back to your own world as defined by Dear Leader....

3 hours ago, Ram23 said:

People may not laugh at that statement if you hadn't spent the last several years only being concerned when it was politically beneficial to your side.  Yet here you are throwing the word "shame" around like it matters to you.

25 minutes ago, ck said:

People may not laugh at that statement if you hadn't spent the last several years only being concerned when it was politically beneficial to your side.  Yet here you are throwing the word "shame" around like it matters to you.

audience maury GIF

Methinks there's a pattern here involving our president and Russia....

Meanwhile 

Edited by KJP

16 hours ago, mkeller234 said:

Ok, I’m no Trump fan, but this is grossly taken out of context.  

Here is the full text, it’s toward the bottom:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-new-york-city-veterans-day-parade/

There are some pretty egregious examples of Trump being quoted wildly out of context in an attempt to make him look bad, but that's gotta be the worst out of context quote I've ever seen in my life. And I don't mean just Trump quotes, but out of context quotes in general. Trump was retelling the story of an American POW who stood up against his Nazi captors in order to protect his Jewish counterparts from certain death during the Holocaust. What mindset must one be in - on Veterans Day of all days - to listen to that and think "how can I use this to make Trump look bad?"

1 minute ago, Ram23 said:

There are some pretty egregious examples of Trump being quoted wildly out of context in an attempt to make him look bad, but that's gotta be the worst out of context quote I've ever seen in my life. And I don't mean just Trump quotes, but out of context quotes in general. Trump was retelling the story of an American POW who stood up against his Nazi captors in order to protect his Jewish counterparts from certain death during the Holocaust. What mindset must one be in - on Veterans Day of all days - to listen to that and think "how can I use this to make Trump look bad?"

I'm actually with you here. The press in the last week has grossly mischaracterized or even created quotes, like this and the Buttigieg incident as well

10 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

I'm actually with you here. The press in the last week has grossly mischaracterized or even created quotes, like this and the Buttigieg incident as well

The person who tweeted it walked it back:

1 hour ago, Ram23 said:

Name a president who wasn't regularly misquoted or have had things taken out of context.  The only thing egregious here is Trump's corruption and disdain for American institutions and rule of law, something you mysteriously never have anything to say about.  You try so hard to make this about abnormal media obsession, but Trump himself creates 99.9% of his own issues.  Please keep the victimhood to a bare minimum.

In the Wikileaks trial today we learned that there was collusion and therefore Trump lied under oath in his written response to Mueller.  But rational people already knew that Trump is Putin's puppet. 

Well, there goes the "no crime" cover... Either Gates perjured himself or Trump did. And, per 1999, we know lying under oath is impeachable. 

21 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Well, there goes the "no crime" cover... Either Gates perjured himself or Trump did. And, per 1999, we know lying under oath is impeachable. 

Schiff has stated that more witnesses will be announced this week. I wonder if Gates or the secret service agents who witnessed Trump's call with Roger Stone might be called. 

Edited by freefourur

More...

And 

And

AND, I've heard cultists actually ask why Trump et al should be charged with obstruction. Ask Chuck....

Former GOP Sen. Chuck Hagel Says White House Officials Defying Subpoenas Are Obstructing Justice

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/11/08/former-senator-chuck-hagel-impeachment

Edited by KJP

Hardly surprising, as @YABO713 and others have anticipated....

'Anonymous' author warns that Trump 'will not exit quietly,' even if defeated or impeached

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/12/trump-anonymous-book-author-warning-civil-war/2575090001/

^It will be a sh!tshow and people will commit bloody murder in his name both now and into the future. It’s what happens when you set yourself up as a cult leader, who is the only source of ‘the truth’ and demand blind faith from from your followers. The parallels to countless religious cults and schisms are plainly obvious, as well as highly unmentionable. 

Edited by roman totale XVII

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

3 hours ago, KJP said:

Hardly surprising, as @YABO713 and others have anticipated....

'Anonymous' author warns that Trump 'will not exit quietly,' even if defeated or impeached

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/12/trump-anonymous-book-author-warning-civil-war/2575090001/

I could see it playing out a bit like Evo Morales, but so much worse.

My buddy (that resigned) was talking to a few of his former colleagues and after Parnas flipped and Gates testified contradicting Trump, there's a push by the Senate GOP to have Mitch McConnell hold a vote for a secret ballot on impeachment when the time comes. 

Only a simple majority is needed to hold the vote by secret ballot. 

While I think that would assist in removal, I hope that doesn't happen. Impeachments are rare and historic - your vote should be public.

2 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

My buddy (that resigned) was talking to a few of his former colleagues and after Parnas flipped and Gates testified contradicting Trump, there's a push by the Senate GOP to have Mitch McConnell hold a vote for a secret ballot on impeachment when the time comes. 

Only a simple majority is needed to hold the vote by secret ballot. 

While I think that would assist in removal, I hope that doesn't happen. Impeachments are rare and historic - your vote should be public.

I agree.  Republicans should publicly support removal if the facts overwhelming show Trump engaged in extortion and bribery. They should take pride in upholding the constitution.