gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

3 minutes ago, Gramarye said:

No, this one is on topic.  Read Cleburger's article.  The Trump administration (via his Justice Department) is very aggressively pursuing limits to nationwide injunctions.  They have seriously impaired what Trump has been able to accomplish in four years, and if he gets reelected and gets limits on nationwide injunctions in place, especially if he keeps at least one house of Congress, he will have significantly more room to maneuver from 2020-2024.

Are you supporting increased executive branch powers for all future presidents?

29 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

This is one of those moves that the GOP will vigorously support...until there is a Democrat in the White House when they will all scream at the top of their lungs about the abuse of power.   With the GOP's forecasted demographic problems, I think they should start worrying more about the future. 

Maybe, but the Trump administration has even opposed nationwide injunctions in places where it opposed the rule in question.  For example, it did not tried to obtain a nationwide injunction against Obama's Clean Water Rule even as it was trying to replace that rule.

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060085093

And, of course, while Obama was in power, his administration also opposed nationwide injunctions--while Republicans at the time of course thought they were the best thing since motherhood and apple pie.

Good news for Trump's reelection hopes - especially if the Democrats end up going with Warren as their candidate:

One Year From Election, Trump Trails Biden but Leads Warren in Battlegrounds

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/upshot/trump-biden-warren-polls.html

Across the six closest states that went Republican in 2016, he trails Joe Biden by an average of two points among registered voters but stays within the margin of error.

Mr. Trump leads Elizabeth Warren by two points among registered voters, the same margin as his win over Hillary Clinton in these states three years ago.

I think the takeaway here is that if Trump can get white, working class voters in a few key swing states to turn out like they did in 2016, there's not much the Democrats can do (with their current slate of candidates) to overcome that. Biden has the only real shot to be competitive.

3 minutes ago, audidave said:

^Correct!  This is why Trump is using Ukraine to go after Biden and his kid.  Glad you see the big picture. 

- Perfect call

- No mention of Biden

- Mention of Biden, but no quid pro quo

- Quid pro quo, but other side wasn't aware

- Quid pro quo and the other side knew - but no corrupt intent

2 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

- Perfect call

- No mention of Biden

- Mention of Biden, but no quid pro quo

- Quid pro quo, but other side wasn't aware

- Quid pro quo and the other side knew - but no corrupt intent

Corrupt intent but we have to let the voters decide.

What a delicate little boy Trump is....

Edited by KJP

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

15 hours ago, Gramarye said:

- corrupt but legal

- corrupt but I will make it legal

- I am the Senate

- It's treason, then.

The best character from a very underrated series of films.

10 minutes ago, freefourur said:

The greates line of questioning ever.  Zeldin is a bigger joke than Gohmert and that is saying a lot. 

image.thumb.png.f00543e6ad7be7e8344131ca8be912ce.png

Idk my questioning from my first deposition might have this beat lol

7 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Idk my questioning from my first deposition might have this beat lol

Hopefully you've improved since then and you will be even better once you are elected to Congress. 

4 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Hopefully you've improved since then and you will be even better once you are elected to Congress. 

Lol I used to dream of being in the Senate - now I have nightmares about the Senate

Just now, YABO713 said:

Lol I used to dream of being in the Senate - now I have nightmares about the Senate

I'd support you for Senate as long as you run for Portman's seat. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/ousted-ukraine-ambassador-yovanovitch-says-she-was-told-tweet-praise-n1076156

Marie Yovanovitch, the ousted U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, told House impeachment investigators last month that U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland told her she should tweet out support or praise for President Donald Trump if she wanted to save her job, according to a transcript of her testimony made public Monday.

Extorting an ambassador to get praise on twitter.  Totally normal.

Very Stable Genius

Making the rounds on the interwebs today....

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

https://www.axios.com/monmouth-poll-trump-approval-a05b8144-1d1b-4296-a0d4-6ca0390b05ee.html

62% of people who approve of the job Donald Trump is doing as president say they can't think of anything he could do that would cause him to lose their support, according to a Monmouth University poll published Tuesday.

A cult.

Very Stable Genius

As someone who practiced criminal law for a bit right out of school, I'll say this - 

If a prisoner is under enhanced surveillance, it's damn near impossible for him or her to get enough time or contraband to kill themselves. 

Epstein had enemies on both sides of the aisle and internationally who wanted him dead. 

Nonetheless, the Trump thread might not be the right forum

13 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

As someone who practiced criminal law for a bit right out of school, I'll say this - 

If a prisoner is under enhanced surveillance, it's damn near impossible for him or her to get enough time or contraband to kill themselves. 

Epstein had enemies on both sides of the aisle and internationally who wanted him dead. 

There is a conspiracy theories thread where the Epstein story has been discussed at length.

Very Stable Genius

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/us/politics/impeachment-trump.html

A critical witness in the impeachment inquiry offered Congress substantial new testimony this week, revealing that he told a top Ukrainian official that the country likely would not receive American military aid unless it publicly committed to investigations President Trump wanted.

The disclosure from Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union, in four new pages of sworn testimony released on Tuesday, confirmed his involvement in essentially laying out a quid pro quo to Ukraine that he had previously not acknowledged.

-Sondland now says he was convinced military aid and a White House visit were conditioned on Ukraine committing to the Biden/Burisma and DNC server investigations.

-Sondland also confirms Pence was aware of the quid pro quo.

How very convenient of Mr. Sondland to have "refreshed his recollection" after reading testimony from two other officials.  Amazing there, Gordon.

He is now at least the fourth official to testify under oath about the bribery and extortion scheme of this administration.

Very Stable Genius

Just now, DarkandStormy said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/us/politics/impeachment-trump.html

-Sondland now says he was convinced military aid and a White House visit were conditioned on Ukraine committing to the Biden/Burisma and DNC server investigations.

-Sondland also confirms Pence was aware of the quid pro quo.

How very convenient of Mr. Sondland to have "refreshed his recollection" after reading testimony from two other officials.  Amazing there, Gordon.

He is now at least the fourth official to testify under oath about the bribery and extortion scheme of this administration.

Bribery is one of two crimes specifically identified in the impeachment clause. 

BTW...Schiff seems to know what he is doing. 

1 minute ago, freefourur said:

BTW...Schiff seems to know what he is doing. 

My only possible disagreement is that for every unanswered subpoena, he's just saying "this is further evidence of obstruction."  Why not use the inherent contempt clause?  Get these a-holes in there to testify come hell or high water.  There are ways to compel witnesses to testify in front of Congress that don't involve DOJ needing to enforce the subpoenas.

Very Stable Genius

1 minute ago, DarkandStormy said:

My only possible disagreement is that for every unanswered subpoena, he's just saying "this is further evidence of obstruction."  Why not use the inherent contempt clause?  Get these a-holes in there to testify come hell or high water.  There are ways to compel witnesses to testify in front of Congress that don't involve DOJ needing to enforce the subpoenas.

I think he has a long term plan to deal with this. The House rules have stated that the President can have his lawyers involved in proceeding only if they cooperate. No cooperation then no due process. 

I also think the witness would take the 5th and/or Executive Privilege and their testimony will be worthless. 

1 hour ago, YABO713 said:

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

US Constitution, Article II, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Bribery refers to the offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving of any item of value as a means of influencing the actions of an individual holding a public or legal duty.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/bribery

Trump has admitted as much already. 

So trump wanted to end corruption in Ukraine where there is considerably less now yet he has never looked at corruption in any other country in the world and held aid from any country because of that excuse.

The corruption that trump was looking for just happened to be the son of his main opponent. Then he is so concerned he even publicly asks China to also look into Hunter Biden.  How is an American president asking for dirt on an American citizen that happens to be the son of a political opponent even remotely an American value or qualifying to be allowed to run for president again?

If this were a Democrat doing this the party would’ve ripped him down immediately.  But obviously it is more important for orange baby king to stay on his lil throne to avoid his mean tweets. 

Edited by audidave

1 minute ago, Jimmy Skinner said:

Sondland must be kicking himself for buying the ambassador position for $1million.

He forgot about the one provable theorem life #ETTD.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:25 AM, freefourur said:

I guess central planning and command economies are OK now in the party of conservatives as long as they don't have to accept that some people are transgender. 

On 10/31/2019 at 9:34 AM, YABO713 said:

I had a friend - Trump supporter / Infowars listerner - from college tweet the other day the following:

"I'm at the point where I acknowledge that Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office. But with this going on, I honestly think we need him to stay." *Links to story about TX court battle re: 8 year old chemical castration/transition*

I just don't get this..lol...there are really not that many transgender people out there even. SMH.

I think there will be a whole lot more coffee boys going to prison for trump.  Sondland can go for perjury. Roger Stone will likely end up there soon.  Certainly Giuliani will be in prison if one of his henchman are turning over on trump they certainly are giving up the goods on him in a conspiracy. I think Hannity also will be part of the conspiracy as well.  They might get a few more Fox goobers. 

I wonder what happens to Barr, Perry, Pence, and Pompeo .  We are living in a really cheesy, schlocky, movie about a megalomaniac president. 

14 minutes ago, audidave said:

I think there will be a whole lot more coffee boys going to prison for trump.  Sondland can go for perjury. Roger Stone will likely end up there soon.  Certainly Giuliani will be in prison if one of his henchman are turning over on trump they certainly are giving up the goods on him in a conspiracy. I think Hannity also will be part of the conspiracy as well.  They might get a few more Fox goobers. 

I wonder what happens to Barr, Perry, Pence, and Pompeo .  We are living in a really cheesy, schlocky, movie about a megalomaniac president. 

I want to be sure Trump joins them in prison. It is where the criminal belongs. In an orange jumpsuit-it is his color lol.

Edited by Toddguy

^I have no doubt that trump will be indicted from sealed indictments once he is out of office.  This is similar to Netanyahu in Israel. Hopefully he will no longer be the PM there.