gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

9 hours ago, KJP said:

That's pretty funny. You get to hear "real America" when you can't pick the audience. Speaking of "real America"....

89% of the population of Topeka has graduated high school. Only 83% of Chicago's population has. US average is 87%. Trump could have used "education levels" as another talking point.

5 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

89% of the population of Topeka has graduated high school. Only 83% of Chicago's population has. US average is 87%. Trump could have used "education levels" as another talking point.

but 37.5% in Chicago have a Bachelor or higher and only 28.2% in Topeka. 

4 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

Trump could have also talked about all the states in the bottom of the education rankings.  Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, etc....   The poorest, most uneducated, most obese states.   But he didn't.  

You know who else didn't?   Obama and most all US Presidents before him.  

These kinds of arguments are counter productive to what an American POTUS should be having.   I don't care how great the economy supposedly is, Trump is a horrible president, not worthy of the office.  

It’s going to be extremely difficult to paint this guy as a “Deep State leftist”... idk if holding onto his testimony until two days before the vote was intentional or not... but based on the opening statement, this will be by far the most damning yet, and implicates a couple people for perjury.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/28/us/politics/Alexander-Vindman-trump-impeachment.html#click=https://t.co/RQF9OT63Sr

5 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

It’s going to be extremely difficult to paint this guy as a “Deep State leftist”... idk if holding onto his testimony until two days before the vote was intentional or not... but based on the opening statement, this will be by far the most damning yet, and implicates a couple people for perjury.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/28/us/politics/Alexander-Vindman-trump-impeachment.html#click=https://t.co/RQF9OT63Sr

He’s not “deep state” he’s a double agent...

9 hours ago, Ram23 said:

Ram is here to discuss the most important matters of the day.  Thank you.

Very Stable Genius

Just now, YABO713 said:

Vindman is wearing his uniform to testify - power move. 

Just wait until the public hearings and he is testifying in uniform.  The GOP will be crying that this shouldn't be in public. 

"Your community is your commodity, my commodity & everyone's commodity." -- borrowing on silly slogans in Cleveland's Ohio City

3 hours ago, Sir2geez said:

He’s not “deep state” he’s a double agent...

Remember, it's those NFL players kneeling who are disrespecting our men and women in uniform.

Very Stable Genius

Rep. Steven Scalise is one of the biggest complainers about process. He lies and obfuscates to protect trump. I'm glad he is using his second lease on life to be a bigger POS than he was before.  Usually getting shot might lead someone to rethink their life. Not for GOP traitors, I guess. 

1 minute ago, freefourur said:

Rep. Steven Scalise is one of the biggest complainers about process. He lies and obfuscates to protect trump. I'm glad he is using his second lease on life to be a bigger POS than he was before.  Usually getting shot might lead someone to rethink their life. Not for GOP traitors, I guess. 

Yeah so I mean on the whole I agree with you - but the reference to him being nearly mortally wounded does no one any favors, man. 

Five days ago:

"At the very least, Tulsi Gabbard has earned our respect as a soldier to not question where her loyalty lies."

Today:

"Is this decorated veteran actually a double agent?"

So Vindman's opening statement directly implicates Gordon Sondland (who clearly perjured himself when he testified), NSC lead counsel, Rick Perry, John Bolton, and Kurt Volker.

Very Stable Genius

1 minute ago, DarkandStormy said:

So Vindman's opening statement directly implicates Gordon Sondland (who clearly perjured himself when he testified), NSC lead counsel, Rick Perry, John Bolton, and Kurt Volker.

The really damning part is that he reported this twice

"Your community is your commodity, my commodity & everyone's commodity." -- borrowing on silly slogans in Cleveland's Ohio City

14 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Yeah so I mean on the whole I agree with you - but the reference to him being nearly mortally wounded does no one any favors, man. 

My only point is that he should've used his survival to rethink his life.  He likely has and is OK being a POS. 

1 minute ago, YABO713 said:

The really damning part is that he reported this twice

His concern isn't partisan - he was worried the request would be seen as political and undermine the bipartisan support for Ukraine, which is also accurate and something very few people have brought up before.

Very Stable Genius

7 minutes ago, freefourur said:

^ He had to do it because there is big big water in the way. 

Like an ocean or something.  

I love this line from the story: 

Cautiously, Diaz-Balart said, “I’m troubled… and of course, have a special concern” when requirements in Congressional appropriations are not met because it may mean even greater taxpayer costs in the future.

Republicans are always "troubled" by things that they do nothing about.

Edited by jonoh81

8 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

I love this line from the story: 

Cautiously, Diaz-Balart said, “I’m troubled… and of course, have a special concern” when requirements in Congressional appropriations are not met because it may mean even greater taxpayer costs in the future.

Republicans are always "troubled" by things that they do nothing about caused.

Fixed.

EVD channeling his best Joe Walsh: "Everybody's so different, I haven't changed."

Meanwhile, back in reality....

5 hours ago, Cleburger said:

I know how much Trump fans like their whataboutism.   Kimmel's show takes this expertly to the next level!  Enjoy! 

The vocabulary, mentality and self-awareness of a six year old. Not that that’s news anymore. 

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

1 minute ago, eastvillagedon said:

I know everyone was giddy over Trump being booed the other night, but it's par for the course for politicians. Plus, DC isn't exactly a "red" city, to put it mildly. 🙄

Don is here to comment on the most important matters of the day.  Thank you.

Very Stable Genius

12 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

I have already seen some of his supporters on social media saying that Obama coddled Bin Laden while Trump was a big strong man.  The coddling was apparently "Obama gave him a funeral".  I guess dumping the body into the ocean after killing him was a funeral.  

All support for Trump can be explained by this simple maxim (I forget where I first read it);

He’s a;

Weak man’s idea of a strong man

Poor man’s idea of a rich man

Dumb man’s idea of a smart man

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

7 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Obama was also accused of not actually killing Osama via the funeral

Because, you'll never believe this, he was a President who actually cared about the fallout of delivering the news that the world's most notorious terrorist was killed and how that would be received in the Middle East.

Very Stable Genius

2 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Don is here to comment on the most important matters of the day.  Thank you.

there were a number of posts a couple of days ago on this very topic. Funny, I don't recall you making sarcastic comments in response. I must have missed them. 

https://forum.urbanohio.com/topic/14905-the-trump-presidency/page/711/?tab=comments#comment-921860

https://forum.urbanohio.com/topic/14905-the-trump-presidency/page/711/?tab=comments#comment-921916

28 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

I have already seen some of his supporters on social media saying that Obama coddled Bin Laden while Trump was a big strong man.  The coddling was apparently "Obama gave him a funeral".  I guess dumping the body into the ocean after killing him was a funeral.  

Baghdadi was also dumped into the sea.  Or at least whatever was left of him. 

7 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

there were a number of posts a couple of days ago on this very topic. Funny, I don't recall you making sarcastic comments in response. I must have missed them. 

Those people discuss unimportant matters like the latest in the impeachment inquiry, the President's crimes, etc.  You stay above those unimportant matters!  Take the compliment, Don.

Very Stable Genius

1 hour ago, eastvillagedon said:

well, whatever did or didn't do regarding Osama, he was kinda responsible for allowing the establishment and rapid growth of ISIS, something not much in dispute. 

Except that's simplistic and false.  They were formed in 2004.  They surged and faded at least a few times, but many credit the Iraq War and the long-term consequences of its poor planning on allowing them to keep going.  Obama's foreign policies were not perfect, but ISIS' power arguably began to wane 2015-2016.  And if you have a problem with ISIS, where was your criticism regarding Trump pulling out of Syria and allowing at least 100 ISIS members escaping prison?  You may have no issue abandoning allies or empowering Russia and Turkey authoritarians at the expense of the US, but pretty much everyone except sycophants believe this was a colossal error.  

1 hour ago, eastvillagedon said:

well, whatever did or didn't do regarding Osama, he was kinda responsible for allowing the establishment and rapid growth of ISIS, something not much in dispute. 

Have you per chance read Fiasco? There's a bit more nuance to this stemming from our debaathification policy in Iraq in 2003, which effectively left a couple million sunnis unemployed after we installed a Shi'ia government. Though, Obama could have certainly done more to quell the outbreak, he wasn't "patient zero" for ISIS

LOL. I doubt they could also buy something at a store, cook dinner, and change a tire or even a light bulb....

AND

Edited by KJP

23 hours ago, freefourur said:

^ Lindsey Graham making the same argument. His resolution was in bad faith just like we knew.

Lindsey Graham just needs to have his anti-gay butt dragged kicking and screaming right outta the closet.  I mean really... I hate these anti-gay closet cases-especially when they are so damn obvious. 

And Trump needs to be behind bars.

3 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

I know everyone was giddy over Trump being booed the other night, but it's par for the course for politicians. Plus, DC isn't exactly a "red" city, to put it mildly. 🙄

Neither is New York.