gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

He benefited just from the try itself.  He had government employees spewing nonsense about how it's the best facility for these sorts of events.  Nonsense that sounds suspiciously like it was penned by Trump himself.  Anyone listening has to know that as long as he is in office, booking an event at the Doral will be a good way to curry favor with the President.

19 minutes ago, X said:

He benefited just from the try itself.  He had government employees spewing nonsense about how it's the best facility for these sorts of events.  Nonsense that sounds suspiciously like it was penned by Trump himself.  Anyone listening has to know that as long as he is in office, booking an event at the Doral will be a good way to curry favor with the President.

basketball wives agree GIF by VH1

I'm sure the troops would prefer to stay and finish the job, if not for the orange menace....

AND

Edited by KJP

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

2 hours ago, KJP said:

I'm sure the troops would prefer to stay and finish the job, if not for the orange menace....

Apparently they do....

U.S. soldiers who fought alongside Kurds blast Trump's Syria retreat

https://news.yahoo.com/u-soldiers-fought-alongside-kurds-100541457.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

And in case you missed it....

Pride, in the name of love....

Trump & His Stumps sure do provide a lot of idiotic material....

To wit....

So much material....

So much material....

Expect Russia to be attacking working hard in those states....

C'mon folks....don't make me post everything....

Edited by KJP

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-manages-find-yet-another-former-lobbyist-his-cabinet

Does this qualify as a "serious discussion?"

President Donald Trump on Friday tapped Deputy Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette to succeed Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who is expected to leave the agency’s top post at the end of the year.

Brouillette – whose broad experience in Washington’s backrooms includes stints as a top lobbyist for the Ford Motor Company, the chief of staff for the House Energy and Commerce Committee and senior Energy Department roles in multiple administrations – is a “total professional,” Trump said in nominating him.

Weird, another former lobbyist who has found a home in the Trump administration.  I could've sworn he made a promise to not hire such people.

Very Stable Genius

That Constitution thingy is so darn inconvenient to someone who apparently was raised in a household where he could do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted....

AND, that darn journalism thing doing its job...finally

Edited by KJP

Inside Trump's First Pentagon Briefing

What I saw there that foretold the coming rift between Mattis and the president—and today's foreign policy crises.

By GUY SNODGRASS

October 21, 2019

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/10/21/inside-trumps-first-pentagon-briefing-229865

"For the remainder of the meeting, Trump veered from topic to topic—Syria, Mexico, a recent Washington Post story he didn’t like—like a squirrel caught in traffic, dashing one way and then another."

Like a squirrel caught in traffic.   Great.... 🙄

The funniest thing I've read this year. Good for her!

1 hour ago, Cleburger said:

Inside Trump's First Pentagon Briefing

What I saw there that foretold the coming rift between Mattis and the president—and today's foreign policy crises.

By GUY SNODGRASS

October 21, 2019

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/10/21/inside-trumps-first-pentagon-briefing-229865

"For the remainder of the meeting, Trump veered from topic to topic—Syria, Mexico, a recent Washington Post story he didn’t like—like a squirrel caught in traffic, dashing one way and then another."

Like a squirrel caught in traffic.   Great.... 🙄

Well there's a book to add to my to-read list, for more reasons than one.

51 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Kimmel had this like 5 days ago.

Did anyone post it on UO?

This article is even older. And of course this is all part of the plan: Drive down the prices family farmers can get for what they produce, forcing them to sell their land to big corporations and the wealthy. Rinse, repeat.

Trump agriculture secretary says during Wisconsin visit that family-run dairy farms may not survive

Published: Oct 3, 2019 4:37 p.m. ET

‘In America, the big get bigger, and the small go out’: Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-agriculture-secretary-says-during-wisconsin-visit-that-family-run-dairy-farms-may-not-survive-2019-10-03?fbclid=IwAR3vHxUpZ5O5wgfnJrwU-mBAk_nxUMScAKLhB36Euisrqmok5dvZCaAPp80

AND

My, how brave of them......

Edited by KJP

In case you wondered how creepy an American Taliban government would be....

Yup

I think it's already happened 

Unreal 

Edited by KJP

18 hours ago, KJP said:

That Constitution thingy is so darn inconvenient to someone who apparently was raised in a household where he could do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted....

It's gonna be so great when President Warren declares the Second Amendment "phony."

Understandably, Trump's asinine comment isn't being well received...

AND

AND

AND

AND

^Well they may not be wrong. It will be a self lynching. The endgame is that the oversight would like a little chat with the prez under oath.  Obviously he can’t do that because he is a lying idiot that lies. So because he refuses to talk to them but spends day and night tweeting about it and ranting in briefings about it he obviously ‘has time’ in his presidency to set the matter straight. So slap another article of impeachment with presidential obstruction on the barbie. 

They're beyond deplorable. They're inhuman......

2 hours ago, KJP said:

I wonder how many Trump supporters would be willing to put asbestos products in their homes, risking both their own lives and those of their families, just because the Trump administration supports them and acts like they're safe.

3 hours ago, KJP said:

Understandably, Trump's asinine comment isn't being well received...

AND

AND

AND

AND

Democrat Jerry Nadler in 1998 on the Bill Clinton impeachment:

"I wish we could get this over with quickly. … In pushing the process, in pushing the arguments of fairness and due process the Republicans so far have been running a lynch mob."

I thought you mind find that interesting.

Now, if you are a moderately intelligent individual (apparently the lovely individuals who's tweets you posted don't quite reach the level of moderate intelligence) you will understand that the definition of lynching is the act of punishing an individual without due process or legal authority. What the democrats in congress are attempting to do is the exact definition of a lynching. Stop trying to change the definition of words. 

^ That isn't even what the democrats are doing though.  There is no due process rights DURING AN INVESTIGATION.

Also the definition of lynching involves extrajudicial executions.  You should stop trying to change the definition of words. 

Edited by freefourur

2 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Also the definition of lynching involves extrajudicial executions. 

No, it does not. Execution is simply a common result of the lynching process.

11 minutes ago, cbussoccer said:

Now, if you are a moderately intelligent individual (apparently the lovely individuals who's tweets you posted don't quite reach the level of moderate intelligence) you will understand that the definition of lynching is the act of punishing an individual without due process or legal authority. What the democrats in congress are attempting to do is the exact definition of a lynching. Stop trying to change the definition of words. 

Please get out a dictionary.

Very Stable Genius

Charles B. Rangel (D-NY) on the Clinton impeachment:

"What has this President done to cause so much hatred, so much animosity? And for those of you who say that this isn't about sex, I agree with you. This is about getting rid of the President of the United States. Whether it's the F.B.I. files, whether it's Whitewater, whether it's discussing something that Hillary has done, or whether it's Lewinsky, the whole idea is a lynch mob mentality that says this man has to go!"

Apparently the definition of the word has been mysteriously altered at some point over the last few decades. Interesting.

16 minutes ago, cbussoccer said:

Now, if you are a moderately intelligent individual (apparently the lovely individuals who's tweets you posted don't quite reach the level of moderate intelligence) you will understand that the definition of lynching is the act of punishing an individual without due process or legal authority. 

Speaking of "moderate intelligence," here's the definition of "lynching:" 

to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lynching?s=t

Trump is not being "put to death," let alone "especially by hanging," nor is there "mob action" or action without "legal authority." Not to mention, the House of Representatives is well within their rights to hold an impeachment inquiry and if it so feels the need: can issue articles of impeachment. 

What the democrats in congress are attempting to do is the exact definition of a lynching. Stop trying to change the definition of words.

By your own logic, it's not. So, I'll just ask you to take your own advice and "stop trying to change the definition of words."

Edited by Gordon Bombay

1 minute ago, cbussoccer said:

Charles B. Rangel (D-NY) on the Clinton impeachment:

"What has this President done to cause so much hatred, so much animosity? And for those of you who say that this isn't about sex, I agree with you. This is about getting rid of the President of the United States. Whether it's the F.B.I. files, whether it's Whitewater, whether it's discussing something that Hillary has done, or whether it's Lewinsky, the whole idea is a lynch mob mentality that says this man has to go!"

Apparently the definition of the word has been mysteriously altered at some point over the last few decades. Interesting.

Did you show the definition of the word?  Or are you trying to whatabout the use of the word?

6 hours ago, cbussoccer said:

To punish (a person) without legal process or authority, especially by hanging, for a perceived offense or as an act of bigotry.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/lynch

Again, per the definition that you (and others before you quoted), this is not what’s happening nor is it an applicable term. It’s inappropriate and wrong in both the historical and literal sense. 

Take the “L.”

Ukraine Was Just the Tip of the Iceberg

Evidence continues to mount that President Trump has been engaged in inappropriate meddling in a criminal investigation relating to Turkey

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/ukraine-turkey-corruption-mulvaney-903441/