gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

52 minutes ago, ryanlammi said:

He'll probably just take it from the military budget.

It's an emergency!  My golf is losing money hand over fist, so I'm just going to do what I want and save my business!

"Ok, cool" - Republicans

Very Stable Genius

Remember when Hunter Biden held the G7 at his own hotel for profit?  And then got 100 patents granted by China?  And had his real estate holdings bailed out by Saudis?  And offered foreign countries quid pro quo?  And spent $200 million dollars to play golf?  Oh, weird.  I guess Hunter Biden did none of that.

Very Stable Genius

^Or even better... when Obama held the G7 at his own hotel for profit?  And then got 100 patents granted by China?  And had his real estate holdings bailed out by Saudis?  And offered foreign countries quid pro quo?  And spent $200 million dollars to play golf? 😄

source.gif

34 minutes ago, Hootenany said:

I'll never understand how Trump thought that photo made him look good and/or Pelosi bad.  

Because in Trump's world women are meant to be groped and not heard.

56 minutes ago, Hootenany said:

I'll never understand how Trump thought that photo made him look good and/or Pelosi bad.  

The body language of all the white males on the right side of the table says "we're screwed."  

54 minutes ago, KJP said:

Can someone with legal knowledge explain how the Lanham Act applies here?  The Lanham Act appears to be about Trademarks. Maybe I am missing something here.

8 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Can someone with legal knowledge explain how the Lanham Act applies here?  The Lanham Act appears to be about Trademarks. Maybe I am missing something here.

The Lanham Act does relate to trademarks -- and unfair competition.  It's not entirely clear what their claim would be here, but they seem to be suggesting that CNN's slogans and advertising claims are misleading consumers, and misleading advertising can give rise to Lanham Act claims. 

Someone who knows more about this -- are they saying that CNN should be more Fair and Balanced?

9 minutes ago, Foraker said:

The Lanham Act does relate to trademarks -- and unfair competition.  It's not entirely clear what their claim would be here, but they seem to be suggesting that CNN's slogans and advertising claims are misleading consumers, and misleading advertising can give rise to Lanham Act claims. 

Someone who knows more about this -- are they saying that CNN should be more Fair and Balanced?

Maybe we could throw Fox News into this lawsuit as well. Or maybe use the claim as a basis to trick Trump into re-implementing the Fairness Doctrine. 

Edited by freefourur

17 hours ago, YABO713 said:

FWIW Turkey resumed firing about an hour ago on a village near the border, with over 30 civilian casualties confirmed. 

Nonetheless, if I lit your house on fire, then pissed on the flames - I wouldn't expect praise for fighting the fire

no ceasefire is perfect. We've seen that on countless occasions, but this one seems to be working for the most part

Syria ceasefire 'holding' despite sporadic fighting between Turkey and Kurds

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/18/syria-ceasefire-holding-despite-sporadic-fighting-turkey-kurds/

Just now, eastvillagedon said:

no ceasefire is perfect. We've seen that on countless occasions, but this one seems to be working for the most part

Syria ceasefire 'holding' despite sporadic fighting between Turkey and Kurds

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/18/syria-ceasefire-holding-despite-sporadic-fighting-turkey-kurds/

Children are being attacked with white phosphorous. The Kurds are giving up their land and Trump canceled sanctions.  He got played twice. But his cult doesn't realize it.  That's all that matters. 

3 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

Under the terms of the deal, there will be a five-day pause in fighting while Kurdish forces withdraw from the border, an arrangement that hands Turkey most of what it was looking to achieve with its military offensive. 

Mr Trump referred to Mr Erdoğan as “a gentleman” and said the Turkish president’s visit to Washington next month would go ahead despite the bloodshed in northeast Syria. 

Step 1: Abandon our allies in the fight against ISIS.

Step 2: Sit on our thumbs as our allies are slaughtered by Turkish forces and ISIS fighters run free.

Step 3: Release letter of Trump begging dictator to not kill people, which obviously didn't work.

Step 4: Destroy our own air base while we watch our former-allies die.

Step 5: Send in dumb*** Pence to "negotiate" a cease-fire.

Step 6: Watch as our former-allies re-locate, handing the dictator exactly what he wanted.

Step 7: Enact no punishments on said dictator.

WINNING!

Very Stable Genius

21 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

the column was also published in USA Today, one of the most widely-read newspapers in the country, which is how I was made aware of it, so it wasn't just limited to Cincinnati. I don't know if he regularly writes for them. But a lot of journalists change focus over time. Frank Rich of the New York Times was a theater critic (brilliantly so) for a long time, and then became a political columnist, so now he's just a partisan hack masquerading as a pundit. lol

Everybody hates Jason Williams.  This just appeared today:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/opinion-cincinnatis-riverfront-is-no-suburban-strip-mall/ar-AAIZxoo?ocid=spartandhp

16 minutes ago, jmecklenborg said:

lol! Maybe he meant to say it was more of an urban strip mall, or that like a lot of new urban development, it's really sterile  (if you really want to see this sort of thing on steroids, look at the high rises springing up like mushrooms on the lakefront of downtown Toronto!). I couldn't access the original Jason Williams column, but the reference  to "embrace our inner Akron" (by Don Mooney, not Williams, I assume) was pretty funny. 😅 (sorry, off topic, I know)

Edited by eastvillagedon

9 hours ago, freefourur said:

image.png.2f66b51ed82db6ab0678da2a1d2924ab.png

The Federalist continuing to be a parody of themselves. 

The Federalist became a joke three years ago. They’ve sold their soul. I used to like to read their articles but they’re now a better written Bietbart article. That’s too bad and that article is pathetic.

Edited by stpats44113

AND

Edited by KJP

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

11 minutes ago, freefourur said:

All encouraged by the one of the least religious, least moral presidents America has ever had....

When you know the president thinks his power is supreme....

And

Edited by KJP