gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

5 minutes ago, ryanlammi said:

Always love seeing Ram's nonsense

life is so much better when you put him on ignore.    He is not interested in an honest discussion.  Too bad you cant ignore mods/admins  a few have them have been showing their protruding brows lately.

One can wish....

Trump's Bible Photo Op Highlight Reel

The White House made a highlight reel to celebrate Trump’s heroic walk across the street for his bible photo op

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

1 hour ago, Ram23 said:

I think a stage full of disgruntled former employees would seem more vindictive and childish than powerful.

If those former employees were Bannon, McFarland, Spicer, Priebus, Nielsen, Manigault, Cohn, Coats, etc., that might be true.

But not all ex-employees are created equal (or were equal before they even joined the White House).

1 hour ago, Ram23 said:

I think a stage full of disgruntled former employees would seem more vindictive and childish than powerful.

donald trump lol GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

31 minutes ago, freefourur said:

^"Shows you the power of strength?" I'm having shirts made that say "Power of Strength" and getting guys to wear them to the gym. Also ones saying "Strength of Power"

Americans for America is all about the Power of Strength.

Old article -- but it points to Trump's mindset regarding whether he'd actually adhere to the Constitution at election time or in the three months thereafter....

"President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to do something no president has ever done: formally adjourn Congress—that is, end Congress’s current session and force it into a recess—for the express purpose of installing his own people in federal jobs (possibly even judgeships) without having to follow the normal process of Senate confirmation. Doing so would subvert America’s constitutional design."

Trump Is Threatening to Subvert the Constitution

A president cannot just make Congress disappear when he wishes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/trump-adjournment-constitution/610171/

Edited by KJP

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

Yeah, I would say 0% chance he cedes power peacefully if he loses the election.  If we have the election.

What is the definition of "tone deaf"?

20 minutes ago, jam40jeff said:

That's a satire account.

Getting hard to tell the difference these days

3 hours ago, Ram23 said:

I think a stage full of disgruntled former employees concerned former cabinet members would seem more vindictive and childish than powerful.

FTFY

5 minutes ago, freefourur said:

another crack in the dam.

Praying this is a trend. 

There are some: Cruz, Cotton, Blackburn, Graham, Johnson, and arguably Rubio and Cornyn who have hitched their wagons too firmly to Trump's

But there are MANY other: Thune, Portman, Sasse, Lee, Romney, Scott, Tillis, Toomey who can use their voices to say enough. With the exception of Lee and Tillis, most of these Senators are still popular in their states and can really effectuate turnout and change. 

1 hour ago, YABO713 said:

Another hit piece by a radical leftist Anti-Trump anarchi.... oh...

F38E15F1-F1BF-409F-B3CF-19FB8B7B10FF.jpeg

I would have chosen better words than "sicked" and "horrified," but aside from that fairly reasonable and constructive critique, I don't have any qualms with the content or message of that letter. As someone who is, perhaps, the poster here who is most politically aligned with Trump I'm not sure how it is really anti-Trump at all. In fact, tone notwithstanding, it's not at all unlike Trump's comments on the situation (which went, unsurprisingly, largely ignored by the media):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Y-VwxqS9E

7 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

I'm signed up for several Trump mailing lists--just for the pure comedy!   I encourage everyone to do the same as it will also give him a false sense of popularity by inflating his email lists.  

5 hours ago, YABO713 said:

Praying this is a trend. 

There are some: Cruz, Cotton, Blackburn, Graham, Johnson, and arguably Rubio and Cornyn who have hitched their wagons too firmly to Trump's

But there are MANY other: Thune, Portman, Sasse, Lee, Romney, Scott, Tillis, Toomey who can use their voices to say enough. With the exception of Lee and Tillis, most of these Senators are still popular in their states and can really effectuate turnout and change. 

But they won’t because they’re a  collective bunch of cowards. Glass half full or not, you have to acknowledge that. I voted for Porter. I’ll never make that mistake again. What a huge disappointment.

Who knows, if they start to smell blood in the water RE: November 3rd, I could see them bailing on him. Of course, if you strike at a king, you must kill him.

Edited by mu2010

Here's my theoretical question/potential wager. If scumbag loses the election, what does post-white house life look like for him. Does he continue traveling the country holding rallies and holding the GOP hostage? Tweeting? Does he get media coverage as a leader of the opposition? Does he run in '24? Or does he go to Mar a Lago with tail between his legs to live out the rest of his days going whatever it is he does.

Edited by mu2010

Hopefully, he gets investigated and prosecuted for the many things that he's been barely able to keep covered by hiding behind the prerogatives of his office.

hey i think very smart bunker boy trump finally came around to the virus:

“This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it. "And they're constantly trying to come up with a new – people go to a hospital and they catch – they go for a heart operation – that's no problem, but they end up dying from – from problems. You know the problems I'm talking about. There's a whole genius to it. We’re fighting – not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. Okay? It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s – it’s very smart.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/us/politics/trump-polls-christians-evangelicals.html

Trump's evangelical support has fallen 15 percentage points just since March.  He can't lose them if he wants to win.  I hope the trend continues.  

The most hopeful outcome of all this is that we all finally come together- right and left- to reject the authoritarianism and incompetence of an evil man once and for all, even if it's been a little late coming.

8 hours ago, mu2010 said:

Who knows, if they start to smell blood in the water RE: November 3rd, I could see them bailing on him. Of course, if you strike at a king, you must kill him.

More joining in 

Trump: "Because I can and because I wanted to."

Grassley: "Ok, sounds good."

^How I anticipate that conversation going in the next few days.

Very Stable Genius

^ if Grassley cared he would hold judicial appointments. That would put pressure on him. Holding up 2 meaningless nominees does nothing.

28 minutes ago, freefourur said:

^ if Grassley cared he would hold judicial appointments. That would put pressure on him. Holding up 2 meaningless nominees does nothing.

Last year Senate Republicans changed the rules so that Democrats cannot hold up any district-court judicial appointments for more than two hours. 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., used a complex procedural maneuver, known as the nuclear option, to cut debate for lower-level nominees from 30 hours to two hours. The change does not apply to Cabinet-level nominees, federal appeals judges, members of some boards and commissions or the Supreme Court.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/03/709489797/senate-rewrites-rules-to-speed-confirmations-for-some-trump-nominees

10 hours ago, mrnyc said:

hey i think very smart bunker boy trump finally came around to the virus:

“This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it. "And they're constantly trying to come up with a new – people go to a hospital and they catch – they go for a heart operation – that's no problem, but they end up dying from – from problems. You know the problems I'm talking about. There's a whole genius to it. We’re fighting – not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. Okay? It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s – it’s very smart.”

Haven’t you seen this tiktok from a month ago? https://m.tiktok.com/v/6815758866769349894.html?u_code=d4b7lkag8bcdk6&preview_pb=0&language=en&_d=d4b803103g3b24&timestamp=1587414029&utm_campaign=client_share&app=musically&utm_medium=ios&user_id=6650941522714853382&tt_from=sms&utm_source=sms

10 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/us/politics/trump-polls-christians-evangelicals.html

Trump's evangelical support has fallen 15 percentage points just since March.  He can't lose them if he wants to win.  I hope the trend continues.  

The most hopeful outcome of all this is that we all finally come together- right and left- to reject the authoritarianism and incompetence of an evil man once and for all, even if it's been a little late coming.

Hence, the reason behind the Bible PR Stunt....

Formerly "Mr Sparkle"

@GabbyOrr_: Wow. Trump suggests George Floyd is marveling at today’s jobs numbers from Heaven: “Hopefully George is looking down and seeing this is a great day for our country.”

Depression-era unemployment, over 100K dead, massive protests nationwide, and Trump is giving a celebratory press conference because "only" 13.3% of people are unemployed and actively looking for work (labor participation is around 60%).  His narcissism knows no bounds.

Very Stable Genius

And

On 6/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, DarkandStormy said:

In Kansas, Barbara Bollier is ahead or behid 1% (so basically all within the MoE) in all of her hypothetical matchups against the top three GOP candidates for Senate.

https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_KS_banner_book_2020_06_ng72o3.pdf

Since Steve Bullock got into the race in Montana, two polls have been conducted - he's tied in one and +7 in the other vs. Daines.

https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_SC_banner_book_2020_05_b68sg1x.pdf

Apparently, Jaime Harrison is *TIED* with Lindsey Graham in SC (42-42).

Very Stable Genius

28 minutes ago, KJP said:

Not to mention, they are now trying to make a Joe Biden "basket of deplorables" moment happen as well. Say biden has one "gaffe" per month through the election while Trump says 5 disgusting things per day, Biden's 6 gaffes will get more coverage than Trump's 750 disgusting things.

5 hours ago, Foraker said:

Last year Senate Republicans changed the rules so that Democrats cannot hold up any district-court judicial appointments for more than two hours. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/03/709489797/senate-rewrites-rules-to-speed-confirmations-for-some-trump-nominees

Can't wait to hear them whine when the Democrats regain the Senate and follow these same rules...

^Oh, don't worry.  They'll change them back in the lame duck session and probably put restrictions on similar future changes.  Just look to North Carolina to see how this could play out.  This would normally be crazy talk, but the Republicans really have no shame at the moment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/14/us/politics/north-carolina-governor-roy-cooper-republicans.html

What's wrong with defunding the police anyway? Police budgets should be reduced and the money should be spent on housing, education, and other community needs.