gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Literally left a pandemic playbook.  But wait...Trump made his own playbook.  So why is he blaming someone who left office 3+ years ago?  Any Trump fans - who've been awfully quiet recently, eh? - want to weigh in?

image.thumb.png.2bac89364fcc98fec5ebe5f3123512c5.png

Also...I can do basic math. 7.1m+3m+2.5m = 12.6+m > 11.8m tests in the U.S.  But of course, the truth doesn't matter anymore and we're all just accustomed to this garbage B.S. because at least 30% of the country eats up every word this troll says.

spacer.png

The Post isn't terminated yet?  Odd.

Very Stable Genius

NBC asked for documentation that he is taking hydroxychloroquine. He hasn’t produced. I don’t think he’s taking it. His family trust owns stock in the manufacturer. Trump knows that now his minions will ask for it as a prophylactic because they want to be like him. He gives zero effs about human life. He’ll boost his stock portfolio.

1 hour ago, KJP said:

NBC asked for documentation that he is taking hydroxychloroquine. He hasn’t produced. I don’t think he’s taking it. His family trust owns stock in the manufacturer. Trump knows that now his minions will ask for it as a prophylactic because they want to be like him. He gives zero effs about human life. He’ll boost his stock portfolio.

Correct. He doesn’t care if 5 or 5 million people die as long as he makes a million or 2, it is what it is. 

Seems like the President announcing he fired an inspector general because the person being investigated told him to do that is a lot more important than the President saying he's taking a drug he's almost certainly not taking.  Trump admitted to something in front of the press that it took the tapes to find out about Watergate.  And....no one seems to care/notice.

Very Stable Genius

People care.  But commenting on every outrage, even briefly, of this Presidency is a full time job!  Of course, that's the plan with these guys, isn't it?

4 minutes ago, X said:

People care.  But commenting on every outrage, even briefly, of this Presidency is a full time job!  Of course, that's the plan with these guys, isn't it?

He said the worst parts of Watergate out loud, to the press, and...the best we're doing is hoping a Senate committee investigates.  But yes, intentional chaos is by design.

Very Stable Genius

I think at this point everybody is just dug in for the election.  Trump's a conman, a liar, and a thief, possible Russian asset, and wannabe authoritarian who's doing anything he can to remove checks on his corruption.  This is all known.  The Republican Party doesn't care at all if he destroys the rule of law in this country as long as they retain power.  This is known.  His voters don't care that's he's turning us against each other as long as they get to keep "owning the libs".  This is also known.

It's all down to the election. 

If it happens.

^ New Yorkers have known Trump to be an habitual liar and conman. Unfortunately, he's now conning much of the rest of the US.

The play for both parties now are the hearts and minds of the Independents. Both parties are pretty much dug in. Independents are the, pardon the pun, trump cards for this election.

We need to ensure that everyone who can vote, does so.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

42 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Is this...supposed to show us a crime?

No. They are just trying to muddy the waters in order to affect the election. Lindsey Graham today stated he will release his Russia findings in October prior to the election. In effect, they will likely do it at the end of October like the infamous Comey letter. Unfortunately, I don;t think the media learned a thing and will fall for it.

Trump is busy spreading lies about Michigan sending ballots out to everyone this morning. Also, threatening to withhold funds the day after massive floods. 

So... I want to write about something that is hugely significant, but will go largely ignored (and bear with me, I promise this related to Trump):

The ransomware group "REvil" is responsible for the Sodinokibi ransomware variant, which, at the moment, impacts thousands of American businesses/hospitals/schools/municipalities every day. Not a day goes by in my practice where I don't deal with Sodinokibi in one way or another. 

As an overview - Sodinokibi works by gaining access to a network, usually by brute force attempts on an RDP port - though other points of access are not atypical as well. Once in, it uses a credential harvesting tool known as Trickbot to gather credentials and escalate its own privileges on the network, finding a good point from which to deploy the ransomware payload. Once deployed, it encrypts all files and folders on the network it's been deployed on. 

In the last 4-5 months, Sodinokibi changed from merely asking for a ransom payment to exfiltrating data files and holding them as ransom until payment is made - i.e. "Dear Business XYZ, if you do not pay the requested ransom amount in the next 72 hours, we will publicly post these three files we're currently in possession of." Often these files contain personal information, so there's a high incentive to pay. 

When we negotiate the ransom down, and usually pay, we have to run a check with the Office of Foreign Asset Control to ensure that BTC wallet isn't affiliated with known terrorist groups, or otherwise we can't pay. It's not the best system, but it saves countless American businesses everyday. 

Now... to the point....

REvil claims, and has provided proof, that it has stolen documents that are compromising to President Trump. Further, REvil says there are currently multiple parties bidding on these documents. Based on this information, the Admin issued a statement which referred to REvil as terrorists. This raises two MAJOR points/questions related to the Trump presidency: 

1. After the preaching of moral fortitude of the last three years, if the Dems receive this information - THEY. BETTER. DAMN. WELL. GO. STRAIGHT. TO. THE. FBI. 
  2. If the President does intend to label REvil - a group loosely affiliated with the GRU - as a terrorist organization, this will have MASSIVE implications for American businesses/schools/hospitals/municipalities, as they may not be able to negotiate to get their data back... and, without proper backups, that could mean starting from square one. 

Going to be an interesting month or so on this front. 

^^Why would a puppet of the Russian government be targeted by the Russian government?  

I've never heard of this.   I wonder if Trump wouldn't use personal money (cough, cough campaign funds) to just pay them off and make them go away.  

Why have I not heard about any of this?  This is fascinating stuff. It could explain why Trump is extra flustered this week.

LOL

^The very scary thing is it likely isn’t the first time he has vocalized that. I don’t think his whimsical ponderings in front of the press are ever the first time he’s said things.  What can his advisors say to rebut that? How does someone like Dr Birx Correct him so he doesn’t seem like a complete buffoon in front of all the other advisors.  I’m sure he said that in his meetings and thought ‘well no one commented on it or disputed it, I must’ve said something smart’

The eyerolls must’ve been severe when trump told his advisors he tested positively negative this morning. 

Edited by audidave

Q    Can you explain, sir, though, you — what is the evidence that it has a preventative effect?

THE PRESIDENT:  Here we go.  Are you ready?  Here’s my evidence.  I get a lot of positive calls about it.  The only negative I’ve heard was the study where they gave it — was it the VA?  With, you know, people that aren’t big Trump fans gave it — and we’ve done the greatest job maybe of anything in the VA, because I got VA Choice and VA Accountability both approved.  Accountability, Tilman, is where you can fire bad people that work in the VA that you couldn’t fire them.

We had thousands of people that were sadists, that were stealing, that were robbers, that were horrible people.  They’d beat up our veterans.  They couldn’t do it in primetime, but they did it when they were sick.

And we got Accountability.  Nobody thought you could get it because of the unions and civil service.  I got it passed so that now you fire bad people in the VA.  We got rid of tremendously bad people that should have never been there.  But I also got — probably, even more importantly, if you can say that; maybe not — VA Choice.

So if you have to wait on line for a doctor, you go outside, you have a private doctor, we pay the bill.  We work out deals with doctors.  We have pricing.  So you go out, you pay the bill.  And it was a great thing that we did, so we’ve done a great job with the VA.

But they had a report come out and the results of the report — it was a very unscientific report, by the way.  But I get a lot of tremendously positive news on the hydroxy.  And I say, “Hey.”  You know the expression I’ve used, Jon?  “What do you have to lose?”  Okay?  “What do you have to lose?”

There is no actor in the world this good at playing this dumb.

Also, Obama signed VA Choice into law in 2014.

Very Stable Genius

4 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

He forgot to add the part where said president sadly gets re-elected.

17 minutes ago, TheCOV said:

He forgot to add the part where said president sadly gets re-elected.

Any other president in history, the opponent would win in a landslide.  People have gotten either dumber or more gullible, though, and Republicans have gotten so much shadier, so there's always a chance he wins again even with a historically bad economy and 100K+ deaths on his watch.  That said, his chances have definitely decreased this year.  Some of the polling (I know, "what about 2016!?") are absolutely brutal for him right now.  He's losing red states Republicans haven't lost in decades.  

3 minutes ago, jonoh81 said:

Any other president in history, the opponent would win in a landslide.  People have gotten either dumber or more gullible, though, and Republicans have gotten so much shadier, so there's always a chance he wins again even with a historically bad economy and 100K+ deaths on his watch.  That said, his chances have definitely decreased this year.  Some of the polling (I know, "what about 2016!?") are absolutely brutal for him right now.  He's losing red states Republicans haven't lost in decades.  

People have grown into factions and are entrenched. Dems are bad, Republicans are bad, depends on which side you are on. There is no middle ground for nuanced thought anymore. People are being forced the the extremes.  Trump has his die hards, but the Dems are not doing much to appeal to those who dont like Trump. In many cases the alternative offered is not palatable either. 

1 hour ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

People have grown into factions and are entrenched. Dems are bad, Republicans are bad, depends on which side you are on. There is no middle ground for nuanced thought anymore. People are being forced the the extremes.  Trump has his die hards, but the Dems are not doing much to appeal to those who dont like Trump. In many cases the alternative offered is not palatable either. 

the milquetoast moderate that every conservative claimed is the only one they would consider voting for is too extreme and not palatable?

2 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

Dems are going to nominate a moderate former Vice President. He’s so moderate the progressive wing of the party isn’t happy.

It’s just Thursday...let’s talk about what Trump has done just this week.  He spent the first part of the week pushing a drug the FDA says shouldn’t be used outside of hospitals or clinical trials. He threatened to withhold funding to states because they mailed out absentee ballots. He fired an IG who was allegedly investigating his Secretary of State for unethical behavior. Today, he tweeted he’s upset Fox News isn’t trying to help in win the election, and over the last 2 months he’s bungled our national response to a pandemic that’s headed towards 100k deaths. None of this is normal. 

How is Biden not a reasonable alternative to Trump? He can’t be worse than what we’ve seen. 

Edited by Sir2geez

2 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

Gotta lay that groundwork for a Trump vote. MAGA!  KAG!

Very Stable Genius

3 hours ago, Sir2geez said:

Dems are going to nominate a moderate former Vice President. He’s so moderate the progressive wing of the party isn’t happy.

It’s just Thursday...let’s talk about what Trump has done just this week.  He spent the first part of the week pushing a drug the FDA says shouldn’t be used outside of hospitals or clinical trials. He threatened to withhold funding to states because they mailed out absentee ballots. He fired an IG who was allegedly investigating his Secretary of State for unethical behavior. Today, he tweeted he’s upset Fox News isn’t trying to help in win the election, and over the last 2 months he’s bungled our national response to a pandemic that’s headed towards 100k deaths. None of this is normal. 

How is Biden not a reasonable alternative to Trump? He can’t be worse than what we’ve seen. 

It really was not meant to be an indictment on Biden but the whole polarization of the system. Biden is a moderate. The race is heating up though and he could still pick one of two mantles. If he embraces the moderate wing and runs on moderation, then I think a lot of disenfranchised Republicans like myself will vote for him. If he embraces the progressive Sanders wing and goes in the the Green new Deal, reparations, heavy regulation, big taxation policies, etc. then his past does not matter and he will be difficult to vote for. 

5 hours ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

Clinton was super middle ground on social policy and to the right on international policy.  Everyone hated her.  Biden is arguably the least progressive candidate that ran except for Gabbard, and she basically ran as a Republican.  I think it's time to admit that this magical, perfect middle of the road candidate that moderate conservatives would vote for doesn't actually exist and it's just an excuse to keep supporting the morally bankrupt candidates Republicans really love.